Mistaken Identity (IC)

Raveled

Sam can't help but laugh when Tona points out how cool she looked, she can't help but laugh.  At least, until Changeling walks in; that shuts her right up.

"Oh, hey... I was about to call you, after making sure Tona was alright."  She turns to face today's teacher, trying to figure out how to spin this, but it's a bit harder when she's already seen it on video.

Which means it's time to obfuscate, with a question that had been bothering her, but she hadn't had time to ponder.  "So, it was just chance that when you left your bag, it was picked up by another blonde who happened to be able to teleport?"
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Changeling frowned a touch. "I've never seen that blonde girl before in my life," she said. "In all honesty I didn't really notice her; maybe she was hiding intentionally, but I wasn't watching what happened to the bag, anyway."

Tona frowned. "So you were just waiting for us to get bored of waiting for you?"

Changeling looked to the side and coughed. "Well, not really. See, I can change my appearance when I want to, so..." Her hair changed in a wave, going from blonde to raven-black, and her facial features changed to something sharper and harder.

Tona stared at her for a minute, then blushed fiercely. "Wait, did you... outside the coffee shop, did you sort of... I mean, when Sam and I were standing together and someone bumped into us, and we..."

Changeling shrugged. "It wasn't exactly professional, but you two looked so cute together!"

Sam joins in her own burning, neon blush, extending all the way to the tips of her ears.  She should probably be grateful, but having a teacher intervene in something like... this.  Well, that's more than a bit awkward.  Though looking at Tona as embarrassed as she is?  It's adorable.

But it's time to change the subject!

"You mean... you knew who we were?  But... I kept my illusion up the whole time.  We were pretty inconspicuous until the car-hopping thing.  What gave us away?"  Granted, they'd made a few mistakes here and there, but nothing that should have given them away.

"I have a very good nose," Changeling said, "and eyes in the back of my head. Don't worry, you were pretty good." She paused. "Until the part where I lost you. Sorry, I don't think I can give you a very high grade on this exercise."

Tona looked at Sam, glanced down at her bandages, and squeezed the other girl's hand. "I can... live with that."

Sam scrunches her nose at the explanation.  "I could swear I fixed that," she says, not convinced.  Which probably doesn't make for an ideal learning experience, but mysteries and half-answers are part and parcel of the cape trade.  Best to drop it.

Instead, she just smiles and turns to Tona.  "Well, anything past a C is extra credit anyways, right?"  Truly, a winning academic philosophy.

She lets Tona's hand rest in her own, warm and considerably more comfortable than it was just an hour ago.  Though her eyes reflexively flip up to the wound, wondering just how long Tona'll be down.  Though there probably will be a few days where she's well enough to be out and about but not well enough for heroing to keep her tired.  Might be a good afternoon to revisit that cafe.