Shock and Flaw (OOC)

Supercape

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, straight into some rolls!

If you are repairing the fried mess of the computer, could you throw me a Craft (Electronics) roll. Ill say that it does need some spare parts (which you have).

Lets call it a moderate repair, so DC 15 base for 10 minutes.

If you surreptitiously want to look at whats on the computer, Make a computer skill roll - DC 15 if you are doing it "open" so the guy can see what you are doing, DC 20 if doing it in secret.

Finally, a diplomacy roll for your charm with him!

Excellent, Excellent, Rubbish!

The guy has now become "hostile" from "unfriendly" due to your leaden tounge!

On the computer is a ton of scientific data. Given with Eidectic Memory and INT 30 you have +10 bonus in all knowledge - you realise it is a lot of biological data, using insects as test subjects. There is a lot of stuff, really clever stuff, on stimulating cells with chemicals (drugs based on Zoom etc) and eletrocuting them - including some videos of this. It doesn't look particularly legal or proper, but it is expertly done.

Ok the Doc is currently Friendly, so is helpful, but wont let you in at present. That requires her to be Helpful!

So, a diplomacy roll please! +2 situation modifier for being polite, persuasive, and the Doc kinda wanting to help underneath it all.

DC 15 to shift to helpful (or 60 for fanatic! ;) ).

Unfortunately Diplomacy can only be tried once, or at least until a new scene. you are of course welcome to try it on the police. Also, I would allow a hero point to be used to get Doc fully on your side in this case (as a kind of reroll of your diplomacy roll - if you do this, your roll would be 25 (not 15), although that still only puts her as helpful (which is more than enough - she would do anything that isnt suicidal!).

let me know what you fancy.