Gothic Revenant

Tiffany Korta

Eclipse Nightclub
11st December 2011

The club look eerie in the cold night air, an effect the owners had spent a lot of effort to achieve. This effect wasn’t reduced by the music pumping out of the building; after all it was the music that everyone was her for. And there was a rumor, always rumors, that tonight someone special was here. Someone who would take the lucky girl, or boy, to special places where they would be the special as well.

Though the crowd she moved catching a fair numbers of the cueing crowd’s eye. She wasn’t especially tall, even in those impossibly tall heels, but she carried herself with a detached superiority. Her impossibly porcelain pale skin caused whisper through some of the cue that she was one of them. It was true that it was almost impossible to wear a corset that tight and still be able to breath, but even in Freedom city one wouldn’t be that obvious?

She ignored all that, and the fact that everyone was queuing, and went straight to the bouncer at the door.

“I’m here to see him.†it was a statement not a request.

Earlier that night

“There that’s as tight as I can get it; I hope you didn’t like your liver.†Padma admired her work. “You know I don’t think a normal person could breathe in that thing.â€

Lucy was clad in a black dress an almost impossibly tight corset around her waist trying to keep balance on a pair of black lace up boots with an impressively high heel. Currently a giggling little Asha was providing some support as she stood.

“That good it suggests that I might be a creature of the night. They go mad for that kind of stuff, so I’m told. They might have had a little less exposure to the real thing than I do. But now to the important business.â€

She started walking taking tentative steps in her massive heels.

She tottered over to the bar, weaving skillful through the throng of the crowd. She had to remind herself she was a cold hearted creature who wasn’t embarrassed but the occasional attention her appearance was garnering.

The bar man looked up and gave her a knowing look.

“Let me guess you’ll have a red wine?â€

“I don’t drink wine…†the barman began to roll his eyes at the obvious line “But I love a Manhattan. That’s if you, know how to make one.â€

The barman gave a little laugh “I not normally asked for one, but I think I can remember the ingredients. And on the house I insist. It’s not often someone surprises me like that.â€

After the drink, which was as far as she could tell quite good, she scanned the club until she spotted the VIP area, her goal for the night.

Walking over to the bouncer there she gave him a little toothy smile.