• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Initiative order

Asad 26

Catalyst 17

Weaver 17 - 1d20+3 → [14,3] = (17)

Goons on tiger truck 15 - 1d20+3 → [12,3] = (15)

Goons on bear truck 11 - 1d20+1 → [10,1] = (11)

INFO: the goons on bear truck are 3 Soldier archetype, except the driver who is a Thug enhanced with the Feral Package Template applied (Freedom City Campaign Setting, page 82).

The goons on the Tiger truck are 3 Thugs with the Feral Package Template

The street is the nameless bridge that connects 16th to Charleston. There are several other cars on the higway. It's a simple 2 level bridge, bottom level highway, top level train; At the current speed, we have 3 rounds on the bridge and then they get in the streets of Hanover.

Catalyst, if you want to get on their side and shoot, it's a Drive check

DC 10, you get on the other side safe but suffer a -8 to your standard action.

DC 15, you get on the other side safe but suffer a -4 to your standard action.

DC 20 you get on the other side and you can perform your standard action unhindered.

if you spend another round in pursuit closing in, next round the DCs scale down by 5.

Yo! Though I figure Asad is cruising with Weaver.

indeed, though now I can't help but figuring Weaver as Murtaugh and Asad as Riggs in a buddy cop chase scene. Feel free to write the first post for the odd couple.

OK, as GM, I'm assuming that Asad and Weaver spent the first round arriving in the position described in the IC post. It's not really a GM fiat as much as a reasonable assumption. Tell me it you feel chated of your hero point :mrgreen:

round 2 of 3 on the bridge begins, Asad's turn (if you need to move, you can consider Arug under your own control, we assume you tell me and I move him/it).

After him we have Catalyst (and you can take actions even if you have a penalty, it's part of being a superhero... and there are no terrible consequences for failure in this situation).

DCs are the same as above, lowered by 5. If you want to attempt something different, just ask.

There on a highway right? Gonna use the ramp so Catalyst will buzz up one side of an exit then down the other getting up next to the trucks while passing the cops.

Drive roll, 16.

Anyway, Catalyst is gonna shoot and drive, she's using her blast rounds to take out the tires of the first truck. 24, so assuming the trucks defense, that's a 22 hit on the tires, don't think inanimate objects get toughness rolls.

There on a highway right? Gonna use the ramp so Catalyst will buzz up one side of an exit then down the other getting up next to the trucks while passing the cops.

Drive roll, 16.

Anyway, Catalyst is gonna shoot and drive, she's using her blast rounds to take out the tires of the first truck. 24, so assuming the trucks defense, that's a 22 hit on the tires, don't think inanimate objects get toughness rolls.

I'm really sorry, you'll have to describe that in other words 'cause I'm not familiar with American highway structure :oops:

Also, remeber they're on a bridge.

Feral Thugs have strength of 14+8= 22, +6 bonus

the two feral thugs will use the Aid action to free the truck (Strength check DC 10 staged)

1d20+6 → [9,6] = (15) beaten by 5, +2 to the truck's check

1d20+6 → [20,6] = (26)beaten by 16, +3 (+5 total) to the truck's check.

The truck (Str 40, +15) will try to escape the Snare (DC 18 (+5 base, +3 from autofire))

given that it has a +20 bonus (+15 strength, +5 from the Aid), it can fail only with a 1

1d20 → [16] = (16) it is free.

The three Soldier archetypes on the bear truck will shoot at the heroes. I'll roll the three dices together, the order Asad, Catalyst, Weaver

1d20+5; 1d20+5;1d20+5 → [13,5] = (18)

1d20+5; 1d20+5;1d20+5 → [10,5] = (15)

1d20+5; 1d20+5;1d20+5 → [16,5] = (21)

I won't even check if Asad is hit, since he is bulletproof.

Catalyst's Van is hit, and since the assault rifle of the Soldiers have a +5 damage bonus, her Impervious isn't enough to stop it.

the Van has to do a Toughness check, DC 23 (15 base, +5 damage, +3 autofire)

Weaver too is hit, and has to do a DC 21 Toughness check (15 base, +5 damage, +1 auofire)

1d20+11 → [17,11] = (28) uh, lucky!

So, Aoiroo can roll her TOU save, then we start our next round; since this round it was snared, the truck will still take 2 rounds to get to the end of the bridge and into Hanover.

Asad, unharmed, 1 HP

Catalyst, unharmed, 2 HP (the van may be damaged)

Weaver, unharmed, 1 HP

Tiger truck running away, unharmed; 1 Feral Tug om board, unharmed

2 Feral goons on foot, unharmed

3 Soldiers with Cover in the Bear truck, unharmed (truck has -1 tou),

no, sorry...

Ultimate power, page 100

IMPERVIOUS +1 MODIFIER

A saving throw with this modifier is especially resistant. Any effect

with a Save Difficulty modifier less than the Impervious save’s bonus

is resisted automatically (that is, the saving throw automatically

succeeds). So, for example, Impervious Toughness 8 automatically

resists any Damage with a bonus of +7 or less. Penetrating effects

can overcome some or all of an Impervious saving throw

EDIT: Asad deayed, so it's catalyst who is up...

So, Aoiroo can roll her TOU save, then we start our next round; since this round it was snared, the truck will still take 2 rounds to get to the end of the bridge and into Hanover.

Catalyst, unharmed, 2 HP (the van may be damaged)

Asad, unharmed, 1 HP

Weaver, unharmed, 1 HP

Tiger truck running away, unharmed; 1 Feral Tug om board, unharmed

2 Feral goons on foot, unharmed

3 Soldiers with Cover in the Bear truck, unharmed (truck has -1 tou),

17, van is damaged.

Catalyst has parked her van, but she is shooting out another snare to stop the truck again as well as the soldiers outside the truck. She's upping the power with power attack and shifting by two. So,

29, critical snare. so with Autofire, that adds 3 points making it 20, and with the crit, it adds 5 more points, making each person she snared a DC 25 reflex roll to get out. It's selective area, so she didn't hit Asad or Weaver.

ok, the only actions requiring rolls are the two thugs trying to free themselves.

They'll attack their Snare with a Mighty Strike, so the Snare (who thanks to critical and everything has a Toughness of +15) has to make a DC 23 toughness check

1d20+15; 1d20+15 → [19,15] = (34)

1d20+15; 1d20+15 → [15,15] = (30)

yeah, those two ain't getting out of anything.

new round. If he can take All-out movement, next round the fleeing thug will reach the end of the bridge.

Catalyst, unharmed, 2 HP (the van has -1 TOU) in a badass John Woo pose

Asad, unharmed, 1 HP, kind of in the middle of something

Weaver, unharmed, 1 HP, enjoying the show but missing the popcorns

Tiger truck Bound helplessly; 1 Feral Thug, unharmed, on the run

2 Feral goons on foot, unharmed but Bound and Helpless

3 Soldiers with Cover in the Bear truck, unharmed (truck has -1 tou), but Slowed due to feeling akin to dices in the cupped hands of a player.

Also, the bad guys see the heroes as if they have Total Concealment.

ok, so, the Thug is running All-Out, and he arrives at the end of the bridge... where exciting new action awaits!

the two foamed thugs you can forget, they are firmly in the hands of the police.

Asad is still holding the remaining 3

Catalyst, unharmed, 3 HP (the van has -1 TOU)

Asad, unharmed, 1 HP, still kind of in the middle of something

Weaver, unharmed, 1 HP

Tiger truck Bound helplessly; 1 Feral Thug, unharmed, on the run

3 Soldiers with Cover in the Bear truck, unharmed (truck has -1 tou), but Slowed due to feeling akin to dices in the cupped hands of a player.