Playing With Toys (IC)

Raveled

GM

Vincent glanced at his dad before answering Changling. "I saw them in the store window. I told Dad they'd be perfect for my set!"

Julio's face went pale at his son's words. "Oh, my god. It... it's happening again?" He rubbed at his eyes, shaking his head slightly. "Vincent, what did I tell you about doing that to toys that weren't yours?"

Vincent hung his head. "I'm sorry, Dad." His voice started trembling. "I... I told them I'd be back! I didn't think they'd follow me..."

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"It is alright,"

She said it in a soothing voice before looking at the father,

"This has happened before has I am guessing. But, it is still alright. I know we have only met, I am not well known, however, I know what can be done, and who it is that can help. I will be making a call, and I know who you can talk to about this."

She looked at Vincent, and extended her hand,

"But now, you should talk to soldiers, they need to be told to return to their stores for now. Can you do that for me?"

Vincent looked up at his dad and nodded. Changling lead them to the other side the barrier, where Glowstar and the general were still having a stare-down. When the young child appeared, though, the entire plastic army snapped to attention, the tanks dropping and elevating their turrets and the soldiers holding their weapons out for inspection. Even the general saluted, driving his vehicle over to the boy. "Sir," he snapped. "The army awaits your orders!"

Vincent was clearly overawed by the sight of so many toy soldiers drawn up in serried ranks, all waiting on him, and Changling had to nudge him before he remembered to speak. "Um. You all. Go back to the store. Go back to being toys." He paused and added, "And don't get out and walk around when someone buys you. In fact, don't walk around at all anymore!"

The general took in the orders without changing his plastic expression one nonce, and when Vincent fell silent he just nodded curtly and turned back to the troops. "You heard the Sea-Eye-Sea," he called out. "Back to base, soldiers!" The tanks rolled out and the plastic troops fell in line behind them, some jumping up and catching rides on the vehicles. The general saluted the boy again. "We'll be waiting, sir, for when you need to deploy us again!"

Glowstar watched as the army rolled away, shaking his head in amazement. "That's it?" he muttered under his breath. "All we had to do was find the right person to give the order?"

• 3 weeks later...

"Chain of command works like that sometimes yes."

She looked at Glowstar then smiled at the boy,

"Usually it is far more complicated, but Vincent was able to make things right."

Leaning down put a hand on his shoulder before looking up at his father,

"And things will continue to be right, you may of been scared, there is a place for him where he can be cared for."

Pulling out her phone she waited for the phone to ring before talking a little bit and handing it over to the father,

"Some information will be nessicary, and then someone will visit. Do not fear, I have inquired about the program before, and there will be no seperation between Vincent and yourself or any other family members. But there will be much more details given when you are visited."

She let the father talk as she moved to the side and looked at Glowstar,

"Would you like to visit any more shops before we go?"