Dine and Crash (OOC)

Aoiroo

• 3 weeks later...

By the way, for the conversational bit, Carrie assumes that Dok knows about Earth Victoriana, maybe through Mona, or more likely the Freedom League as she would of thought one of the other heroes might of informed the Freedom League of any new alternate universes(Edge very well could of considering his vast experience with visiting alternate dimensions).

• 1 month later...

Okie dokie, we have started combat with a surprise round by Alphadroid. This is blast meets wall, which makes stratenal which given the rapidness of the blast and the wall being wood it only absorbs about three DC, making a DC 26 reflex save which if you miss, DC 26, if you make it, it halves. 20, there goes Carrie's reflex, damage is normal since she isn't in her alternate form, but she isn't flatfooted because of uncanny dodge. 17, Carrie is Stunned and Bruised, and now we're going into initiatives.

25 is Carrie's initiative, and Alphadroids 27, yesh. Also, dusty and smokey for first round which gives the Alphadroid partial cover as the drywall dust is filling the air and obscuring him from the view of all normal senses. Also, it's really dusty so DC 18 fortitude save for breathing in dry wall dust, which 21, Carrie actually makes.

Also, almost forgot have to roll out the actual attack by AD on Fulcrum. Wow, natural one, well he didn't hit his target, but accidental area attack thing still valid.

Okay, easy thing first

initiative (1d20+7=16)

Since he's not used any HPs this thread, Dok starts with his full compliment of 5.

Now the more difficult (i.e., Ref-ly) things:

Okie dokie, we have started combat with a surprise round by Alphadroid. This is blast meets wall, which makes stratenal which given the rapidness of the blast and the wall being wood it only absorbs about three DC, making a DC 26 reflex save which if you miss, DC 26, if you make it, it halves. 20, there goes Carrie's reflex, damage is normal since she isn't in her alternate form, but she isn't flatfooted because of uncanny dodge. 17, Carrie is Stunned and Bruised, and now we're going into initiatives.

What does "stratenal" mean?

"given the rapidness of the blast": pardon? Are you referring to the Autofire on the Alphadroid's Blast (rockets)? If so, you do still need to make an attack roll, to see how much the attack hit by, to figure out how much is added to the Damage DC. Though, since it is attacking an inanimate object (wall), I suppose it could Take 10 on the attack roll.

"the wall being wood it only absorbs about three DC": I'm not sure what you're doing here. If the Alphadroid's blasting the wall to get in, that's a straightforward attack; the wall makes a toughness save like any other target, and if it fails badly enough it crumbles. Barriers don't reduce the DC of an incoming attack, at least not by any written rule.

"making a DC 26 reflex save which if you miss, DC 26, if you make it, it halves": This sounds like an Area attack, but I see no Area attacks listed on Alphadroid's sheet. It is Large (bigger than everyone but Fulcrum), so its unarmed attacks might be treated as an Area attack (Reflex save to halve Damage DC), but that's only if its attack misses the target by 1 (the amount of its size penalty to attack).

What, exactly, is going on here? I'm not entirely certain from your IC post, but it looks like an (some) Alphadroid(s) fired rockets into the Bistro (through a window?) at Fulcrum. Is that the case?

25 is Carrie's initiative, and Alphadroids 27, yesh. Also, dusty and smokey for first round which gives the Alphadroid partial cover as the drywall dust is filling the air and obscuring him from the view of all normal senses. Also, it's really dusty so DC 18 fortitude save for breathing in dry wall dust, which 21, Carrie actually makes.

Whole bistro is filled with drywall dust?

What's the effect of this? That is, what happens to those who fail the save?

Are those with Immunity 2 (suffocation) (which is included in Immunity 9 [life support]) safe from this effect?

Also, almost forgot have to roll out the actual attack by AD on Fulcrum. Wow, natural one, well he didn't hit his target, but accidental area attack thing still valid.

So is this the attack roll for the rocket(s) fired through the window at Fulcrum? If so, this is something that should be done first thing. And, as I pointed out, the Alphadroid's rockets have Autofire, not Area, and the "bigger things may be treat as having area attacks" is meant just for their unarmed attacks.

All this said, GM Fiat/Complications can cover a multitude of situations. So, what do you want to see going on?

Ohh sorry if I lost you, he's firing at Fulcrum through a wall(because he doesn't need a window to focus on her with her supersense), and the word is shrapel, I just didn't know how to spell it. The effect is that the wall is blowing up because of the rocket and it's blowing in with bits of wall and wood and drywall really fast around as the effect which is the area effect.

If it's firing through a wall, it needs to fire through the wall. I.e., make a missile-sized hole in the wall first. (It needs line-of-effect, which the intervening wall prevents.) Otherwise, it needs Indirect on its Blast to be able to fire "through" a wall like that.

Unless you're saying that, this round, it was attacking the wall, to get to her next round.

Or it's so stupid that it fired in her direction when it sensed her, but the intervening wall (that it did not notice) got in the way of the rocket.

Also, I'm not sure a mindless robot can have mental senses. I'm asking he other Refs on this.

Also, the area effect isn't an intentional area attack, it's the result of that section of the all caving in because the Alphadroid just blasted through it to try and get a hit on Fulcrum. So I still want those saves for reflex and toughness for everything coming down as well as the fortitude save to go against mild suffication from having to breath in drywall dust that's everywhere and providing an obscure that's currently concealing the alphadroid.

There was something of mine you'd left unanswered:

What's the effect of this? That is, what happens to those who fail the save?

Are those with Immunity 2 (suffocation) (which is included in Immunity 9 [life support]) safe from this effect?

If it does help, Dok is fine -- his Immunity (life support) is not Linked to his Force Field, it's its own thing (separate system that snaps on as soon as it senses the slightest hint of a problem).

Reflex save, DC 21 (1d20+6=11) fails, so full Damage DC

Without his Force Field (which takes a Free Action to snap on).

Toughness save, DC 26 (1d20+4=5) :shock:

Toughness save, DC 26; HP re-roll (1d20+4=9) Wow, crap rolls. But add +10, that's 19, so fails by 7, so he's Bruised + Stunned. (And he's down to 4 HP.)

Also, is there so much drywall dust that we are (visually) Obscured from each other? And (visually) Obscured from the 'Droid?

The Droid's following a radio based sense for targeting Mona so the drywall dust doesn't effect him, the Obscure does effect everyone else though. Yeah sorry, it's suffocation so he doesn't make a fortitude save like you said. Anyway, once Darius posts Fulcrum's initiative and her toughness save(because she has +18 fortitude she has that as an autosave, and her reflex isn't high enough to make the reflex save). Also, Alpadroid link for mine and this threads convience.

She could make the Reflex -- the DC for the Reflex part of an Area attack is 10 + rank, not 15+ rank. Which should be the case even for an impromptu Area attack like this. So the Reflex save should be 21, then a DC 26 or 21 Toughness save; if she makes the Reflex save, her Impervious 10 lets her auto-pass the Toughness save.

Okie dokie,

Alphadroid (27) Unharmed

Carrie (25) Bruised and Stunned 2 HP

Mona (17) Unharmed 1 HP

Doktor Archeville (16) Bruised and Stunned 5 HP

Alphadroid's first, so he attacks blasts Mona with a rocket, 20, so that's a regular hit no autofire bonus DC 29 toughness save for Fulcrum. Carrie's stunned this round, so it's Mona's turn.

Right, Darius said spending an HP for countering punch, for the redirection, I need a DC 24 strengh roll to replace the toughness roll, and than a direct attack roll to see if the redirect actually hits the Alphadroid, if you fail the strengh roll, the rocket blows up on you and than I need a DC 29 toughness roll.