Trollthumper - Tracer - PL8 Hero (Possible Bronze Idea)

After throwing out the idea for Dominion before, I've been wrestling with possible choices for a Bronze hero. I finally settled on Tracer, a young parkour artist who manages to draw power from the psychic footprint of cities. Think of him as Spider-Man with elements of Jack Hawksmoor's power set -- he can't tell a building to hit someone (yet), but he can borrow the city's senses, talk to buildings to learn what happened before, move like nobody's business, and borrows some of the city's strength and toughness. I had trouble trying to get him at PL8, though, so I want some opinions on his make-up before I put him up for submission.

Tracer

PL8

Attributes [26 PP]

STR 14 (+2)

DEX 18 (+4)

CON 14 (+2)

INT 12 (+1)

WIS 14 (+2)

CHA 14 (+2)

Combat [16 PP]

Initiative: +4

Attack: +4 (+8 Melee)

Grapple: +12

Defense: +4 (+8 Dodge Focus), +2 Flat-Footed

Knockback: -4

Saving Throws [12 PP]

Toughness: +8/+2

Fortitude: +5 (+2 CON, +3)

Reflex: +10 (+4 DEX, +6)

Will: +5 (+2 WIS, +3)

Skills [11 PP]

Acrobatics 9 (+12)

Bluff 4 (+6)

Diplomacy 4 (+6)

Gather Information 4 (+6)

Knowledge (streetwise) 6 (+7)

Language (English (Native), Farsi)

Notice 8 (+10)

Stealth 8 (+12)

Feats [13 PP]

Accurate Attack

Acrobatic Bluff

Attack Focus (Melee) 4

Dodge Focus 4

Evasion

Move-By Action

Redirect

Powers [42 PP]

ESP (sight and sound) 6 (20 miles) (Power Feats: Alternate Power 1) [19 PP]

AP: Comprehend (Objects) [4 PP]

Protection 6 [6 PP]

Strike 6 (Power Feats: Mighty) [7 PP]

Super-Movement (Swinging, Slow Fall, Sure-Footed, Wall Crawl 2) [10 PP]

Attributes (26) + Combat (16) + Saving Throws (12) + Skills (11) + Feats (13) + Powers (42) = 120 PP

Any suggestions?

You could possibly throw in a few APs to the ESP array and call it your "Urban Power Array" eg

Move Object

Transform

Illusion

Permeate

Environmental Control (Slow movement, fluff would be odd angles and obstacles just happening to appear).

Some of these powers could have drawback only in urban environment. Or in a few cases limited to urban materials, I suppose (if careful).

Some kind of tracking power in cities might be in order later?

Looks like a fun character.

Thanks for the advice on powers, but right now, I want to have him as someone who's just starting to learn his powers. When he gets up in PLs, he can be Doctor Metropolis 2.0, but for right now, I want to keep him as someone who observes from the city and draws some small power from it, not someone who uses it as a weapon and walkway. More focus on parkour, less on Teleport. I'm just wondering if I'm using the points as efficiently as I can.

Subtler stuff for a Hawksmoor-type character...

In a city, he never hits a red light; maybe he 'persuades' the traffic lights to be nice, maybe he's just so 'in synch' with the city that he automatically gets the timing right when he's driving.

"Money Sense" -- the city knows everything about the ebb and flow of financial activity within its borders, and the character can tap into that knowledge. Most people wouldn't look twice at a decaying storefront; this character can tell that $10K in small bills flows thru that storefront every day, even tho it appears to be a struggling pawnshop or whatever.

Politics, power struggles, are part and parcel of a city's existence. The character has a sense of where the real power lies in any situation -- who's actually in charge, who's just a figurehead, etc.

It's not uncommon for people to hide spare copies of their housekeys under doormats and such. The character knows where every one of those 'hidden' keys is.

Everybody knows where the obvious roads/sidewalks/etc are; this character knows where all the physically feasible routes are. Which fences have suitably large holes in them, which walls can be easily scaled, which sewer manholes are or are not uncovered, etc.