Twilight Talks (IC)

Aoiroo

Dragonfly nodded, sipping her drink. "Good name," she agreed, trying to imagine Creature Feature arguing with himself...and himself and himself and himself. It was surprisingly easy to envision. "Would help, but...have no names to offer. Don't know many heroes out here. A couple on the West End, but they have a team that keeps them busy. Part of the reason it's bad out here, I think. West End and Greenbank doesn't have the...presence. Or the population to justify it, sometimes." She shrugged, shaking her head. "Sometimes tempted to build a small army of drones and sweep the area. Probably wouldn't be wise. Fun, though."

"Maybe not a population that would be counted by the census bureau no, but than again, who ever bothers to properly count the homeless."

Putting a hand on her head she let out a sigh,

"Drone sweeping would be a nice change to what I've seen on a nightly basis. I mean, this is Freedom City, we shouldn't have such a large area absolutely dominated by gangs and drug cartels and weapons dealers. I try my best, been a thorn in there side, and pissed off a lot of people. One reason I keep such a low freaking profile, and I want this group to be the same way. We won't have press conferences, we won't advertise affiliations, we'll be well Strangers, doing good than disappearing. I've got a location for the HQ, you know Ms. Lights, me and Creature have been working with her to rebuild her store, under that is pretty much an old school hero hideout, complete with street access and survailence. Granted, it's pretty out of date, but once we get the topside up to building safety codes again, the bottom shouldn't be too hard to fix. I'll need some help with the updates though, you think you can lend a hand there?"

"Mmh." Dragonfly gestured with a fork, nodding and swallowing a mouthful of soda. "That I will help with," she assured, and gestured vaguely back toward the junk filling the warehouse. "As an outside contractor. And for free. Important to have good security on a base, if you want a base. 's why the surrounding blocks here are relatively clean. Warehouse has a...reputation."

She grinned a bit at that, looking awfully predatory for a moment. "They don't know what's here, just that it's...fortified. Local gangs learned quickly. Attempts to break in are met with defensive systems. Gangs that cause trouble happen to get hit later by a crazy woman with high-tech gauntlets. Very mysterious."

Letting out a chuckle she glanced around,

"Very mysterious indeed."

Laughing a little bit more she took a few seconds before taking another drink of her soda.

"You know where the Video Head is? That's pretty much the place. Down below, it's a gallery of old tech, as well as a few globs of mess from the little mishap with the security system on the first time down. By the way, if you ever have to infiltrate an enemy lair with Creature, don't let him touch ANYTHING."

"Video Head?" Dragonfly tilted her head, lights dancing behind her visor, behind her eyes, as an old flatscreen monitor propped up in one corner of the kitchen counter flickered to life, cycling rapidly through a satellite map of the city. "Do now. Let me know when you're ready, I'll come take a look. And yes," she added, making a face, "certainly don't plan to let him touch things. Do remember how he became Creature Feature to begin with. Nice boy. Not to be trusted around unknown technology. Ever. ....for any reason."

"Yeah, but he makes a pretty good person for running distractions, because pretty much everything he transforms into is pretty freaking distracting."

Tapping her fingers a little bit,

"Could you get me some communicators, like small ones, that can just fit inside an ear and freaking stay there unless taken out. The radio tracking on the mask would be awesome if I had some radios to work with and it would help the team thing."

"Mmh. Earwig communicators. Yes, have built them before. Don't...have any on hand to give out," she replied, frowning for a moment. well - do - but recent recovery - built to release lethal toxin on command - still need to destroy them - don't say that "Small circuitry work. Might take a bit. Would have it done at least by the time I got security done on your headquarters, I think."

She paused, and added, "Worth noting that mask, as-is, cannot actually track radio signals. Receive, yes. Track to a source, unlikely. Did you want that ability?"

Sil thought about it,

"It'd be darn useful I won't deny, but I won't leave it for tweaking just yet, got to get some other planning done. When you have the ear pieces ready you can modify it to fit those."

Standing up she finished her soda and tossed it in the trash can before walking over and somewhat suddenly giving Dragonfly a light side hug. It didn't last long, just a quick squeeze so as not to make it too incredibly awkward,

"Thanks, for agreeing to help, and for helping so much already. You're a really great friend."

Dragonfly blinked, the quick hug thankfully short enough that she could keep herself from wincing or pulling away - she was still not used to that close of human contact, her time with Ellie notwithstanding. "Can't evaluate friendship. Difficult to measure on an objective scale. Satisfied to be able to lend help, however. Will not join your team, but given your goals will be glad to make you more effective. Thank you for the food...and recipe. Very good. Will have to try my hand at it sometime."