Indescribable, Indestructible, Insatiable (OOC)

Fox

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too massive for your average rock, especially a porous one; no electricity or radio to speak of, and the ore composition foils radar (as many ores do). EM says it's putting out some low-level radiation that's harmless, but not in the range one usually detects from raw samples.

Gimme a notice check, though, on that EM. DC...oh, 20.

Physical Sciences - there is indeed something very not your standard mineral in the sample, but test results so far don't bring any possible answer to mind. Additionally, there's an odd anomaly with what you know already: a rock of this composition shouldn't be so porous, and a rock so porous shouldn't be so heavy. How porous the rock is, exactly, would require something like an x-ray to determine.

Life Sciences - you got squat. There's not much to get, here, though.

It's pretty much ignoring you, so you can get a surprise round if you want one, or do anything you like that you think might not attract attention (it has no eyes you can see, so who knows where it's 'looking', though). Feel free to act without GK, as he'll be along shortly (stupid breastplate!).

Yeah, I'd give you the HP if you were inconvenienced somehow, but it didn't even really pay attention (poor Supercape - blobs aren't the best audience).

As IC says, the thing's giving off radiation (far more noticeable, now, on a rhythm like breathing or the tide), but none of it's harmful in any way. So far.

Notice - the creature doesn't appear to be acidic, as such. That is, things that it eats or absorbs do dissolve, but only when they near the center of the blob; things only touched or ground traveled on is unharmed. Or, at least, as unharmed as ground gets when something huge slides around over it.

Physical Sciences - It's really big, and really dense, and radioactive. Combined with your notice check, above, Supercape may note that the rock way down in its core doesn't dissolve (when it probably should, since you know what it's made of, and it's not any more resilient than that steel post it just nommed). Given what it's eating and what it seems to be made out of, it's probably breaking its truly omnivorous diet down into base elements, and then building more of itself from those.

Life Sciences/Behavioral Sciences - It's not stupid. It doesn't necessarily show signs of sentience or the like, but it shows some basic problem-solving and relative caution when it encounters a new material or strangely-shaped object.

No attack roll or save for the poke - it's not really intent on hitting him, just brushing him away, and Supercape would practically have to want to be hit to not dodge.

Ok I don't quite know how this is going to work, but Supercape will try releasing tiny amounts of various EM radiation into the beast (From his radiation array with variable descriptor).

This is still in the "experiment" type of activity rather than damage. I'll leave mechanics up to you - if it has to be a damage it will be at lowest possible level non lethal (damage 1), but he isn't out to hurt the creature.

Naw, sounds like a fine thing to me. A hero can choose how many ranks of a power to use, after all, and how much damage they want to do at most; to me, that sounds like a Damage 0 (or a power limited to 'no damage') that still does something due to descriptors.

The Blob:

Initiative Roll (1d20 - 5=-2)

GK (for when it's necessary):

Initiative Roll (1d20 + 0=9)

Mwaha. Ahaahahhahahahaahahah. (for when it's necessary):

Initiative Roll (1d20 - 3=2)

ROUND ONE:

9: Gaian Knight - 2HP - unharmed, not present

6: Supercape - 1HP - unharmed

2: ???? - ????

-2: The Blob - unharmed

Supercape is up. Double-post away, sir! If you're not comfortable double-posting, let me know and I'll put up some GM filler.

It'll play out as mechanics dictate - blob'll get hit a second time during Supercape's turn (which is now), unless he uses the attack again. You are still in combat, though: the blob spent its turn doing something that wasn't hitting you.

Speaking of, bookkeeping!

ROUND THREE:

9: Gaian Knight - 2HP - unharmed, not present

6: Supercape - 2HP - unharmed

2: ???? - ????

-2: The Blob - unharmed, impending Secondary Effect (Blast 10, Supercape)

Ok I'll see what we get from a Drain Toughness ATtack 10.

Again Perception Range, DC 20 this time

Rules, unfortunately, do not make it clear which would "Ping" first, the secondary effect of blast or the Drain Toughness (clearly the drain first would be more advantageous, but I would guess the secondary effect might take precedence - I'll leave that for you to call).

My inclination is to say that since Supercape moved then attacked last round, and simply attacked (without moving first) this round, the Drain Toughness hits before the Secondary Effect does - taking the Secondary Effect as having an initiative of 'Supercape's initiative + a move action'.

Fortitude Save vs. Supercape's Drain Toughness, DC20 (1d20 + 10=28)

Well, you had just under 1:2 odds. That's not so bad, and would have been crippling if you'd managed it! Guess the order doesn't matter after all.

Secondary Effect kicks in.

Toughness Save vs. Supercape's Blast [secondary Effect], DC25 (1d20 + 18=37)

Did you, perhaps, insult Invisible Castle's mother?