Vanquish and Vitriol (OOC)

JackgarPrime

Surprise Round:

Free Action: Pop Armor

Free Action: Pop Staff, setting it to an electrical descriptor.

Standard Action: Strike Attack: FAIL with a 13

Standard Action: Reroll with HP...That's a crit, oh yes And with an All-Out Power Attack no less.

OK, that's DC 15+17+5+1 (since it's 15 for a Tou save, 17 for the Power Attack, 5 for the Crit, and +1 because it's Electricity) so DC 38. Harrier is frightened enough to do lethal, so that's what he's doing.

OK, let me know how that turns out, and I'll post IC.

Harrier stabs the SOB again.

Move Action: Startle 11; ouch. Well if he was scared of Omegadrones, I guess he wouldn't hang out in the Terminus!

Standard Action: Attack! The first one misses so HP for a reroll: 28, so that hits That's DC 12+15+3 (the +3 is from the Autofire that I forgot to add during the Surprise Round, since Harrier exceeded Vanquisher's DEF by 6) DC 30

Lemee know how that goes...

He rolls much better this time, although it still gets him another Injury and Bruise

Toughness Roll (1d20+10=28)

And his next one

Toughness Save (1d20+9=16)

Fiat to Improve Roll

Improve Roll (1d20+9=28)

No damage

And on his turn, he switches his Cosmic array to Dazzle 13 and lets loose with a Power Attack...

Dazzle Attack (1d20+12=30)

(EDIT: I made a mistake and forgot to put -5 on for Power Attack, so it's a 25. Still hits, though.

That's a DC 28 Reflex save for Harrier

Harrier moves back to ground-level, and makes a notice check to see Harrier in the hole

Notice (1d20+10=24)

He sees him and changes his array to Flight 5/Strike 9 and Charges (And Power Attacks) in. Harrier's in Cover, giving him +4 Defense, to a total of 18 for this turn.

Charge Strike (1d20+11=25)

-5 for Power Attacking gives him 20, which is still just enough.

DC 35 Toughness check for Harrier.

Free Action: Harrier does have one functioning sense. He uses his Detect Weakness on the tunnel walls all around them. (This is a radio sense, so it isn't covered by his blindness). He's looking for a weak spot that's not inside any buildings or under a busy street. 29.

Move Action: He flies 250 ft backwards (I figure limiting him to half a standard move makes sense inside a tunnel, while blinbd)

Standard Action: Harrier blasts the section he saw, sending a cascade of rubble falling down between himself and Vanquisher. (This will probably open up a small sinkhole in the landscape overhead, giving you a reason to get Victory into the thread: this is City Center, it's a busy area, and someone'll notice a cosmic blast bursting through the ground) His Detect Weakness is not Accurate, so he's got that 50% miss chance...and he does. OK, he'll surge and try again. Heh, I'll wish I'd saved that nat 20!

OK, unless you want him to actually roll, he does shoot the ceiling, and causes a collapse that blocks him off from Vanquisher. He'll be fatigued next around. Let me know, and I'll post IC.

Alright then. Victory is joining combat next turn, but two checks to make before then (Do whatever you need on your turn. Vanquisher can't see you.)

First, rolling for Vanquisher doing a blanketing energy rain on parts of the city. On a 20 he hits above where Harrier's been retreating...

Blanketing fire. (1d20=2)

He's just firing randomly. Collateral damage and lots of holes in the ground, but Harrier isn't near any of them.

End of turn stats

Harrier (0 HP, Blind, 1 Bruise, fatigued)

Vanquisher (3 bruises + Injuries)

Victory joins combat next turn.

Make your Blindness check. Fortitude +2

Alright then. Vanquisher does take the bait, but he isn't especially frustrated by it. He switches his array to have full Flight, moves past Harrier (let's say he plans to end another 1000 ft on the other side) , and uses his Cosmic Energy to Snare, with an All-Out Power Attack as a Move-By.

Snare Power/All-Out (1d20+11=13)

And whiffs like crazy!

Okay, next turn starting. On harrier's turn, his sight will be completely back to normal, having shaken off the Dazzle and gotten the -1 turn over with, and Victory's joining combat. Vanquisher will also be down to +7 Defense this turn from All-Out Attacking.

Victory (2 HP)

Harrier ( 0 HP, 1 Bruise, sight completely recovered)

Vanquisher (3 Bruises and Injuries, - 5 Defense for the turn)

Victory's turn, and he takes the chance to try and get the drop on Vanquisher (which he can't really, due to Uncanny Dodge, but he doesn't know that!). He's just within range this turn to switch himself to Flight 5/Strike 9 and do an All-Out Power Attack with a Charge.

1d20+8=10

...well that's mighty embarrassing, isn't it?

He's gonna burn an HP to Improve Roll

Improve Roll (1d20+8=26)

Better. DC 36 Toughness for Vanquisher, -3 for the bruises:

Vanquisher Toughness (1d20+9=25)

Stunned and Staggered,with 10,000 feet of knockback (if I calculated right), in time for Harrier's turn.