Meet the Neighbors (IC)

Raveled

Robin wasn't about to tell this woman, a stranger off the street, her entire life's story. She hadn't told Wesley everything, and they had been an... item. "I taught myself magic," she said, truthfully, "after my parents died. I traveled after that, quite a bit. I learned other forms of magic, made all the stupid mistakes a young person is supposed to. The power I used then doesn't have much to do with what I do now," she admitted, "but I'm a better person for it.

"So what are you doing in Freedom City, Etain Maher? What's a woman like you do in the big city?"

It was an interesting story, but it fit what she saw. Some people could self teach magic just fine after all, and there were traces of darker magic that she had to squint to find because of how faded they were.

""

Though technically the here wasn't the city as it was this dimension but she wanted to stay close just in case.

""

• 1 month later...

Robin fought down a grin at Etain's choice of words. "So that's how you spend your day? Going around the city, looking for things that, ah, interest you?" She shook her head, finally showing a smile. "Sounds like a nice life, but not too profitable. Do you live with your, ah, gaurdian?"