Unbalanced: Bombshell's Oct 2010 Vignette

October 15th

"You dastardly fiend, what are you going to do to me?" Bombshell delivered the line with all the bored interest of a star practicing lines for a script she had no interest in performing in. It was, perhaps, a little out of place with the scene as she was currently strung up by her wrists and suspended over what she'd mentally termed 'the cauldron of goo'. She glanced down, arching one brow behind her mask and swinging her feet out of the way to watch the slowly bubbling sludge. "I'm not paying extra for a mud bath, you know. They're over rated. I have a much better secrete treatment to keep my skin looking fabulous."

She caught some of the chanting to peg it as Greek-ish. Not in the figurative 'sounds Greek to me' but in the actual honest-to-Hercules Greek.

"You know, I met Zeus once. Handsy fellow. Well, to be entirely forthright, he wasn't actually the gold-and-shining god at the time. He'd possessed a mortal man to do that thing he does. He does do it well, I have to admit." Bombshell wiggled her wrists a little, looking up at the bindings before her attention went back to the cultists. She smiled at them, a wicked flash of crimson red lips below her black mask. "Lucky for me, my little encounter was post the invention of the pill so I have only fond memories for my reminder. Do you happen to know if he's worked something out with Hestia since then to circumvent that? Dratted fertility gods. Give me a hedonist any day."

The tumblers twitched in the manacles but the chanting was getting awfully loud now and Bombshell had some mild concerns that they were going to get to the big finale before she was ready to take her bow.

"Dionysus now, I haven't met him but I'm sure I would like to. No maenads, however, I prefer my hedonism without that extra edge of madness. The ratty hair thing, I just can't pull it off." Ca-click. "Shall I give you my card... no?"

Bombshell caught the shackles with her fingertips as they opened and swung her legs, enjoying the way that the chanting dissolved into squawks and protests as she tucked and tumbled her way to a tower of boxes. Crouching, she offered them a mocking salute. "Well, I'd love to see what all that was about, but I'm afraid it's just past my bed time. No, don't get up. I can let myself out. Thanks, by the way. You have, oooh, I'd guess two minutes before that little beacon I set off leads all my cape and cowled friends to your little hidey-hole. Ta!"

And with a taunting laugh, the ex-thief was gone.