Bleeding Ink (IC)

Aoiroo

Wesley smiled when the girl stopped. A tiny laugh escaped him when she asked for fluffy angel wing. Of which he obliged her. "Happy now," he asked showing off the wings with a flutter. He shook his head in contempt at the drug dealer statement. "If I were a drug dealer wouldn't I be trying to get away from you?" He smiled, "Though I've met some weirder dealers before. Harder to take out the MAX and ZOOM crowd around here." He sighed unhappily and flew closer to her, but not too close. It was hard to judge personal with on-the-fly size changes, he had to trust his judgement. "Now, if you're not a dealer or a buyer and I'm not the same, what are you and me both doing here? Me? I was hoping to find some addict that needed an intervention. You?"

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking from the now white fluffy wings to the actual person it had taken her a few seconds to connect the dots and see she was actually talking to a miniature Wesley Knight, which factoring in her meeting him earlier today probably meant the person he thought had a drug problem was,

Wow, I need to get more sleep or something. No wonder the dealers in the Fens keep stopping me out of costume.

It was a few more seconds of silence before she let out another breath,

"Well, the plan was to size up the dealers of the area, figure out what the product specialty was and if it happened to be Zoom or Max call the ambulences ahead of time and go and bust some heads. Not much different then my normal gig, except that there's been a new variable that's been added to the equation that makes it exponiationally more difficult to deal with. So was the demon wing thing supposed to scare them straight, because giving someone with a drug problem a heart attack seems a bit counterproductive to me."

Wesley hovered in a relaxed position, hands behind his head and legs crossed as he listened to Silhouette, "Then again I might not have appeared as a big scary demon to the little addict girl. Heck I can't read minds, but I'm not inconsiderate of others. Though you see someone in all black casing down an empty ex-dealer spot you get suspicious." He paused for a second then stood up in midair, "I guess we should make with the acquaintances since we're on the same side." He mock dusted himself off and bowed, "I am Knight. I'm probably not the only hero around these parts, but hey, it's good to meet someone in the same profession." He gracefully extended his tiny hand with a smirk, "and you are?"

Sil shrugged, she couldn't dispute that he did in fact look like a big scary demon to the girl from the shop without making a connection to the two. Not to mention, she looked pretty dang suspicious herself,

"I go by Silhouette, and I work primarily at night so blacks rather good for blending in and stuff. Though I'll admit it has led to one or two misunderstandings, usually they're harmless since I'm not the only hood who roams the street in all black."

She could count on one hand how many other heroes she knew stuck to that color, and they were all male so she was almost never mistaken for any of them, almost being the key word.

"Anyway, who's this addict you're trying to stop in her tracks anyway? A friend with some suspicious needle marks or maybe caught wandering outside a head shop?"

Wesley nodded and listened to Silhouette as she introduced herself and why she wore what she wore. Wesley remembered reading something about how ninjas didn't actually wear black. Dark blue and grey to match the night sky. Not that this girl was a ninja or anything, but hey, random trivia was sorta his specialty. He shook his head when she asked her questions, "Nah, this girl I met earlier tonight was seriously itching to find some drug dealer places to 'stay away from'. Suspicious, I thought. So I thought I'd give her an actual place to go to. There used to be activity here until me and some others cleaned it out. But now that I make this a part of my 'nightly stroll' it stays clear. So yeah. A little intervention. Sorry about the scare back there. I promise I wasn't gonna scare her to death, it would be rude." He chuckled.

Maybe I should of come on a little less strong about the dealers.

She let out a sigh,

"Well, not questioning the good will here because there are few people left that would go out on a limb for a stranger like that, but what was the plan if she was actually wanting to avoid this place? I honestly haven't seen anyone in the area, given I'm just evaluating the area as a whole. The whole drug market's been insane lately, it seems that for every dealer I knock down three more take their place and I've been trying real hard to track down the source."

Taking a few seconds to let out another sigh she glanced at him,

"If you know the area, could you point me in the direction of some places you haven't sucessfully cleaned out? I've talked down like two dozen cartels and I haven't gotten much useful information as to why other then there supplier said so."

"My pleasure," Wesley said turning into a large red Chinese dragon, "I'll take you there myself. Hop on." Wesley didn't track drug dealer migratory patterns, but he knew some places around town that were obvious. Silhouette sat comfortably on the giant flying lizard and they were both off into the air. Rounding Riverside all seemed quiet, "There are definitely some hotspots. Word on the street keeps those in the know about these things." Wesley the dragon began to descend to a lower altitude, "This place is a fairly new name, so they probably haven't cleared out yet." Landing, he chuckled, "You can get off now, i don't want to drop you when I change back"

Flying on a the red dragon was rather interesting, but she couldn't really say it was the most interesting thing she had ever gotten a lift from, though it was in the top three. She glanced around the area they landed before jumping up and landing in a crouch as she glanced over at Wesley,

"Rather interesting things you can do there, you're like the second person I've seen to turn into a giant monster only seen in mythology."

While he transformed she made a point to look ahead while sticking to the walls. She saw a couple of people just a little down the outside a house that had clearly seen better days. There was no real pattern to the type of person there, except she could tell that something was a bit off.

"Hey Knight, what's your standard operation for crowd control?"

"Amazing what you can find in this city, eh?" Wesley said as he turned back into a normal person, "you're the first I've ran into with your unique powers. As or me? I manipulate 'life force' as I like to call it. I can change mine another people's shape. I can also trip every body function in some one's body. Recently I've found out I can take a bit of life force from anything to copy certain aspects of them. Their training, their powers and if all else fails, I turn into something big and smash it." He said all this while following her every move. Little did she know that he had adjusted her eyes to where she could see him and others could not.

"Wow, thank god in heaven you won that power lottery because that is a horrifically terrifying thought to have someone mess with your insides like that. Plus the copying powers thing, that's scary if only because there is so many to choose from in the city limits that are scary in of themselves. I am rather thankful I am not one of these people, my only power turning flat, and I'm fine with it because the most I could ever do to anybody on accident is maybe a particularly nasty paper cut."

Looking down the street down at the house she pointed a thumb,

"Anyway, if you can change biological aspects, can you see far and wide and figure out what exactly is happening down there?"

Wesley looked in the direction he was told to. "Couple of people... standing guard? That seems suspicious enough." He smirked, "Also check this out, I can tell what health condition they're in." Wesley's eyes began to glow bright green as he checked them with his 'sight'. Though he expected to find a bit of info about how they didn't have a healthy diet, he found out something worse. They were not alive and it showed up as a black roiling mass on his 'sight'. "Not only are they standing guard, they have a serious case of being dead." Well, UNdead. This is something way worse than drugs! Well, it could have been drugs. Wesley remembered something about zombie powder. "You know anything about Zombie Powder? If it is drugs we got that going on. If not we got some crazy necromancer. Either way it looks like its time to move. Direct or subtle?"

She looked down at the people guarding the door.

"I don't know about necromancers, but Zombie Powder has been in high circulation lately so it's way more likely."

She turned too him and let out a sigh,

"I'm much better with subtle attacks but I don't know how much good that would do since I don't have much experience with the undead. Can you tell if there's anyone living in the house or is that a line of sight thing you do?"

"My experience with the undead is limited," Wesley frowned, "I know they're usually unresponsive enough to my powers, so if I have to stand up to them it usually takes them form of beatings. Also, not quite on the sensing thing. It's not really sight, it's something that pings in my head. The whole glowing eyes thing is... a side effect I guess? Anyway, they just show up on in my brain if they're within range of the sense." He turned into a large black wolf. "OK, we'll do the subtle thing. First we sneak up and take care of the zombie guards and then see what's going on around there."

Looking at him again she sort of wondered how a large black wolf was supposed to be subtle in the middle of the city, but pushed it aside consider which city this was. Sticking to the wall as usual she flattened and walked smoothly against it not making a single sound as she approached the undead, they didn't see her coming. Walking past them to the door she slipped inbetween the hinges and found probably one of the creepiest drug dens she's ever been in. She had confirmed this was the case from the clay statue with a face of a guy sculpted into it that looked like he was in agony, mixed with the lighting, several strange plants and the heavy scents it sort of felt like she had jumped the border into some weird other country rather then just slipped through a door. Near the center of the room was some dude in a long t-shirt who seemed to quite not fit with the decor sorting out various portions of the greyish powder she had seen circulating brown paper pouches. In the other room she could movement but she couldn't see anything. She was tempted to go look, but in the back of her mind she wanted to back outside and maybe take out the zombies because fighting the undead seemed much more a comforting thought then staying in this place any longer.

Silhouette was quickly followed by Wesley. The guards didn't seem to see him. though the closed door posed more of a problem. He shrank down into a small swarm of bugs (cockroaches, fittingly enough) to get under the door and then reformed himself in normal Wesley form. The smell was angry and bitter. He didn't see Silhouette either. Though she could see him, the guy in the tshirt could not. Wesley decided to get a closer look.

The swarm of bugs forming under the door suddenly reforming under the door sort of caught her attention as she turned to slip back out,

Now that's just creepy.

Looking over at the guy divying up the powder who didn't see this at all. Some guy from the back came forward and he looked a little more appropriate for the house in all, it wasn't his clothing he was just creepy to look at and he started talking to the guy.

"The packs ready?"

The guy in the shirt looked over,

"Almost,"

The creepy guy sort of half glared,

"Hurry up, we've got a deadline and since that shipment got lifted there has been too much competition."

Standing around, invisible all but to Silhouette, Wesley pondered his next course of action. Should he turn into a giat bear and knock the men silly? Should he stay normal and jus pop the guys with paralyzation. He really wished he could see Silhouette at the moment. Either action was not going to be subtle, so he decided to move on without her. First, the path of least resistance. He hoped this is what it'd take. "Boys," he said appearing to them, "You didn't learn your lesson last time? I'm afraid I'm gonna have to take you down again." He targeted the man closest to him. Both he and wesley began to glow a dark purple color as the man felt his body lock up on him.

As soon as Wesley 'appeared' the other man sort of knew he was screwed and was confirmed of it when his companion started to glow. Or maybe it was confirmed when he started running but fell flat on his face. Silhouette appeared quickly afterwards to ring his hands out from under him and bound his hands with some a zip tie.

"You honestly thought you were going to get away?"

He glanced up at her and said something in a language she didn't really know but for some reason it sent a chill down her spine as there was a banging on the front door.

"What the..."

There was more banging from a door connected to the other room.

Wesley smiled as Silhouette popped up from nowhere. "Glad you could join us," he chuckled, "Looks like we got us some one to spill the beans." Wesley focused on the thug but before he could truly grab a hold of his life force again, there was knocking. Wesley cringed, "Do not tell me what I think is happening is happening behind there." He dropped the paralyzed goon and slowly readied himself as he was about to open the door. Before he did, he looked back to Silhouette. "There might be zombies here, you ready?"

"Nope, but that's not relavant, open up."

As the door swung open and the zombies started in, they weren't exactly horror movie esc, from a distance you couldn't tell if they were dead, but they're skin had no color since no blood was flowing and there eyes were distant and glossed over. There might of been some rot but it wasn't that visible since they were created via zombie powder, she almost hesitated what she was going to do with how human they looked, that stopped when they started towards her.

Disappearing on the spot she circled around before taking her flattened head and striking as hard as she could at the base of the spine. There was no blood really, the dead don't bleed after all but the smell was awful as the zombie fell flat, but she cut into the flesh and disconnect the spinal cord, whether it was dead was hard to tell, but she really sort of wanted to stop right there and wash her hands. She stared for a second at the none moving body, except it wasn't none movie in fact it grabbed her leg,

"F&$k."

As soon as the zombies started pouring in Wesley assumed the form of a large grisly bear. He tore some of them up dislocating arms and some heads, but these zombies weren't like any he's seen before! They got up if the could and still attacked with what the had left. Wesley turned and looked to Silhouette. one of them had her grabbed. taking the offending zombie in his massive bear jowels, he flung it across the room. "You alright," Wesley's bear voice was much gruffer than his normal voice.

She didn't know what was more surprising the shock of the zombies or the sudden company of a bear. Given, the voice certianly reassured her she glanced at him and the moving things,

"On an instinctual level, not so sure who to be more afraid of at the moment."

Looking at the severed zombie parts she winced at the disturbingnish at it all, but she also gave the area a quick scan to see if there was anything she could use, there was creepy voodoo stuff, the zombie powder, some lights, a large packs of powdered milk.

Wait,

The idea formed quietly and she started to volt through the room to the powder,

"Knight, grab Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum would you, also, search there pockets I'm going to need a lighter."

Wesley was dealing with the zombies at the time Silhouette was asking her question, though he couldn't fathom why she would need a light at the moment. "Smoking's not good for you," he grunted before ripping the pants clean off the paralyzed man, the zombies haranguing his bear-like form the whole time, "I'm sure it's not going to get these zombies off of us either." A metallic lighter fell out of the frozen man's mangled jeans. Wesley picked it up with his tongue and handed it to her, making sure not to bite it. He was sure she didn't want a faulty lighter. After she took the lighter he went back to mauling the ineffective, but persistant zombies.

Taking the lighter she slipped it under her arm as she grabbed the bags of powdered milk, sliced off the tops with her flattened fingers and carried it with her,

"Toss the dealers out the door and close the zombies in."

Running with one of the bags trailing it on the ground before tossing the other two bags onto the disembodied limbs. As soon as Wes and the dealers were on the other side of the closed door she took out the lighter in one hand and flicked open a flame as she got to the door. The zombies couldn't get a real grip on her as she turned flat and slipped through with all but her three dimensional hand holding the still lit lighter. Taking a second to breath before the act she threw the lighter blindly into the now powder milk covered floor slipped through and ran. She didn't really need too, taking a several steps outside the house she met with Wesley as she looked over at the house and waited,

"Don't tell me it...."

She was cut off by the loud dust explosion. Inside various voodoo artifacts were lighting up as well as the zombies and the house proceeded to slowly burn.

Wesley rushed the two men out on his massive bear back and dropped them on the ground when he got out. He looked to Silhouette to see what would happen next. And then an explosion kicked him out of his bear form and knocked him flat on his butt. Slowly rising, he looked at the burning building, then to Silhouette."That was a bit over the top," he smiled, "but no more zombies I guess." He pulled out his phone and dialed the fire department and told them of the situation. THey were on their way. "That was quick," he said hanging up the phone, "You sticking around?"