Freedom City PbP Ideas

Endless Flight

Hey EF, a few things that came to me.

2) Perhaps there should be a thread where Refs that run adventures can put in a small post providing a summary of what happened in the adventure, with things that might have made the local news being highlighted. This could be a way for other players to keep tabs on what other heroes (and villains) have done.

This is somethign which has been brought up between refs SO I would say it will be done... Both for dropping "Hints" of Scenario starting up & for "News" of resolved Scenarios

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey EF, a few things that came to me.

2) Perhaps there should be a thread where Refs that run adventures can put in a small post providing a summary of what happened in the adventure, with things that might have made the local news being highlighted. This could be a way for other players to keep tabs on what other heroes (and villains) have done.

This is somethign which has been brought up between refs SO I would say it will be done... Both for dropping "Hints" of Scenario starting up & for "News" of resolved Scenarios

Another idea, which has possibly been discussed by the Refs, an NPC bank.

I basically see two types of NPCs, ones that are specifically tied to a character, and more general ones.

In Barnum's Halloween adventure, Raindancer's parents have been discribed, so the Ref can help in running them. That description (and perhaps Ref notes on anything that happens with the NPCs that might be important in the future) might be best put in Raindancer's character thread.

But more generall NPCs, like say a police officer some characters interact with, it might be good to have a general NPC thread for them, creating a "bank" of NPCs that can be generally used by Refs.

Now, clearly Refs will NPCs that they want to maintain more control over, those would just be left out of the "bank."

I basically see two types of NPCs, ones that are specifically tied to a character, and more general ones.

In Barnum's Halloween adventure, Raindancer's parents have been discribed, so the Ref can help in running them. That description (and perhaps Ref notes on anything that happens with the NPCs that might be important in the future) might be best put in Raindancer's character thread.

But more generall NPCs, like say a police officer some characters interact with, it might be good to have a general NPC thread for them, creating a "bank" of NPCs that can be generally used by Refs.

Now, clearly Refs will NPCs that they want to maintain more control over, those would just be left out of the "bank."

Cause I dont like those Names...:) But a revision Scorpion, or Venom, or countless others would be cool...:)

I just wanted to ask everyones opinion cause I dont really want to muck up everyones fun...:)

It wouldn't bother me at all as long as the character was unique and not a revamp of the character.

Indeed the name "Hybrid" which I am using here was used by Marvel...Twice!

If you used a guy named Venom who was a Symbiote with a big mouth I might take exception. You use Venom and he is a cool assassin who favors poisons (or any other of a hundred different ideas) that is fine with me.

Cause I dont like those Names...:) But a revision Scorpion, or Venom, or countless others would be cool...:)

I just wanted to ask everyones opinion cause I dont really want to muck up everyones fun...:)

It wouldn't bother me at all as long as the character was unique and not a revamp of the character.

Indeed the name "Hybrid" which I am using here was used by Marvel...Twice!

If you used a guy named Venom who was a Symbiote with a big mouth I might take exception. You use Venom and he is a cool assassin who favors poisons (or any other of a hundred different ideas) that is fine with me.