GM

3:30 PM, Friday April 12th, 2024

City Center, Freedom City

Powers Holdings Office Building

It started innocently enough. Parker had been to a family dinner, his family had asked him about his friends and students, and he had mentioned a few of them. When he mentioned Iris and Daniel and their telepathic powers, Tracy, his older sister, had perked up and asked more about them, how powerful they were and so on. Apparently, one of the R&D teams under her is working on a device that should, hopefully, be able to expand the scope of telepathic powers, potentially allowing a telepath to aid rescue efforts in a much wider area in terms of catastrophes. So... Parker had asked Iris and Daniel to come with him, explaining things as well as he could, and when Michael had overheard, Parker invited him along as well. 

The weather is nice for mid-April, as the group exits the car that had been sent to get them once classes were over for the day, once it has stopped in front of the Powers Holdings office building in Midtown. The building doesn't particularly stand out. Sure, it is tall, but so are most of the buildings in midtown, and the area is dominated by Freedom Hall, City Hall and the DuTemps Building, so, it doesn't particularly stand out.

Still, there is a big POWERS HOLDINGS INC. name plate over the revolving glass doors, and on the window next to them, the large P with an explosion inside the upper part of the letter that makes up the Powers Holdings logo, which makes it easy to identify the building, at least.

Edited by RocketLord
Posted (edited)

Spaceman

Parker has to remind himself that this is all to help out Tracy's team, and to maybe help out Iris and Daniel. He doesn't like to flaunt his family's wealth or status. They are doing good with their resources, but it still feels wrong, when he knows that many of his friends have had to deal with poverty or worse during their life, something he has never tried. 

Stepping out of the car that had come to collect them (it is a nice car, though not overtly so. A generic model, nothing too fancy), he is wearing a pair of jeans and a white t-shirt, with his bomber jacket held in one hand. It's never cold inside and the weather's nice enough, anyway. 

"So... yeah. This is it, I guess. Powers Holdings' big Freedom City office building." 

He is feeling awkward. It's the first time he has brought any of his friends here.

Edited by RocketLord

Powers Holdings. Of course Parker Powers would be the scion of Powers Holdings, though he hadn't said anything about his assumptions to his friend before; it wasn't his place to say anything.

While Michael wasn't exactly a scientist himself- obviously far from it, he was just a high schooler!-, he kept an eye on and off on the stock market at times, and he had seen Powers Holdings as a company in Freedom City; one of the ones that he'd have to get to know if he ever finished his goal of becoming a politician in the city, understanding the motions of big business in the area, and the people in charge of it. So he was aware that Powers Holdings was a combination of old money and new technologies, two things he had an interest in. It had been very easy for him to agree to come along to see where his friend 'came from', so to speak.

In early spring, it meant appropriate spring colors to match Michael's own Spring palette. Dauchsand brown loafers and matching belt, with biege slacks. His biggest splash of color was a sweater vest with hibiscus and georgia peach coloring and a flower imprint; standing out to match his palette and make a focal point on his outfit.

"It's a nice building." he said, a bright smile directed at Parker. "It was recently highlighted for it's interior decorating, right? I'm excited to see it in person, interior design is something I'm not super well versed in. Thanks for inviting me." he finished to Parker before he turned to help Iris and Daniel from the car, offering a hand.

Cerebral and Cerebellum

The twins stared up at the large building in awe. They did not expect their classmate to come from some place so high end. Sure it might not be the tallest building in the city but compared to what the Twins had seen it was mighty impressive! 
They would thank Michael and step out of the car. They were wearing matching shirts with some floral patterns on them for the springtime. Iris would have her shorts on, denim, along with running shoes. Whereas Daniel had sweat pants instead, something a bit lighter then normal. 

They would look around as Daniel wondered why they had been chosen specifically. After all while he had met Parker before, they were not exactly close. Still friendly gestures were friendly gestures and since this was for research it was actually not hard at all to convince Iris to come. 
Speaking of Iris, she was staring at the building in awe. "
What do you guys develop here?" She asked, a hint of excitement in her voice. 

Spaceman

"I think so," Parker responds to Michael's question about the interior decoration. He is probably right, but it's honestly not something Parker has paid too much attention to. The company has always been more his sister's thing. With his powers, he always had other things in mind for what he would do, and besides, Tracy is the heir apparent.

Parker shrugs lightly in response to Iris' question. "So many things, I'm honestly not even sure. My parents are really into trying to use their money to help everyone, so, they bring in anyone that wants to do that." He smiles fondly, as he looks up at the building. "Renewable energy, medicine, anything they can try to fund in some way."

Leading the others into the building, he stops at the reception, where the young man sitting there already have visitor badges ready for them.

"My sister, Tracy, asked me to bring you. She's in charge of a few teams, one of them is doing something with psychics. I don't really know the details, but apparently, having some real psychics like you to help out could really help them out."

Michael placed his badge on his neck with a smile and a quick thanks, looking around at the decor in the building. He wanted to talk about the way this building's layout was designed, it's thoroughfare and presence. But he realized this was not the company for it, so he just smiled and nodded as he listened to Parker.

"So they're looking into just about anything, huh? I wonder if I can help them with some energy studies...or maybe they can help me? Hrmm." he pondered. "But they're working with psychics too? Like...what, trying to awaken everyone's third eye or something?" he looked at the twins. "Like why is it that people always suggest everyone has latent psychic powers, that's clearly not the case, right? This is such a cool place to be, there's plenty of research I'd love to see, even if I probably couldn't understand even the start of it."

Cerebral and Cerebellum 

The twins followed their friends in and would take the badge, pinning it to their collars before turning back towards Michael and Parker with a nod. "Makes sense." Iris would say briefly before her eyes began to scan the building itself. It was almost as if she was trying to get a layout of this floor. Though it would be harder to do that without moving. She did not want to get lost however and would just stay with the boys. Daniel was silent as he was still somewhat awestruck by everything.

Spaceman

"Maybe? Parker offers in response to Michael's question about awakening everyone's third eye or something like that. "I honestly wouldn't put it past Tracy. Some of her ideas are interesting."

He leads the group through the building, using a combination of his memory and his enhanced senses. 

Once they're in an elevator going up, he can't help himself.

"This place is probably the reason why I got powers. Tracy pushed some buttons, and my mom was hit by some strange radiation while she was pregnant with me." He doesn't know why he wants to tell that story, but it feels appropriate. "I kinda hope that she's gotten better at all this since then, but then again, she was three."

The door opens, and Parker steps out, leading them towards a laboratory.

GM

Before they have a chance to go in, the door slides open and a blonde woman dressed in a white lab coat over a black dress shirt and slacks combo walks out, pauses for a moment, then promptly grabs Parker with an arm around his neck and starts playfully messing with his hair with her other hand.

"Hey, bro! About time you showed up! You should've been here ages ago!" Her tone is playfully angry, and while Parker could probably get out of the grab, he doesn't. 

Without letting go, she looks up at the other students, like she is only just noticing them there.

"Oh, hey! Welcome to the lab, I'm Tracy. You guys ready to do super science?"

Michael got what was going on here; he had an older brother. But he understood what being a younger sibling was like, so he just smiled cheerfully at the sibling's play and waited to be acknowledged. When she did, he waved at her.

"Yup. I'm Michael Adon, and I'm ready to do super science. Or to learn about how you manage such a large and broad company. I'm interested in that as much as the actual science; good bureaucracy is a science all it's own, after all." He said, extending his hand to offer to shake Tracy's, and maybe get Parker out of the headlock in a gentler way as he did so.

Cerebral and Cerebellum 

The twins look at each other for a second before watching Parker and Tracy interact. That seemed familiar to them for obvious reasons and as such they could not help but smile, even Iris had a small smile on her face! Once Michael had introduced himself, Iris would bow her head. "Iris Evans."

Daniel then followed suit almost as if this was planned, even though it was not. This was something that happened often with the twins. Both Michael and Parker would have seen this more then once when interacting with them at the Academy. "I'm Daniel Evans. It's nice to meet you Tracy." He would smile brightly at her with a wave. He was excited to get started, and so was Iris actually. 

"So what did you need us to do?