Black Knight

Introduction

Who are you? Sum yourself up in one sentence.
“I am the Black Knight, Inheritor of the black mantle, The kings-bane!â€

Do you have any nicknames, street names, titles, or nom de plume?
“people call me BK sometimes or other…less pleasant things.â€

What is your full birth name?
“Jonathan Haleâ€

Where do you live?
“Currently in a small flat provided by the governmentâ€

How old are you? What year were you born (if applicable)?
“’m 18, Was born in 1996.â€

Physical Traits

What is your gender? If not applicable, please explain.
“’m a man.â€

How would you describe your heritage?
“Apparently more Complex than it would first seem.â€

How tall are you?
“6’ Nothing.â€

What is your body type?
“big boned and barrel chested.â€

Do you have any particular weaknesses, such as allergies or physical disabilities?
“none really..not that I'm much of a super hero.â€

How do you carry yourself? Are you graceful, or heavy on your feet? Can you be stealthy, do you walk with confidence?
“im pretty heavy on my feat when I'm wearing the armour, aldonite thinks my posture is lacking.â€

Describe your skin, eye, and hair color.
“Pale skin, Dark brown eyes, Raven Black Hairâ€

How do you wear your hair, if applicable? Do you have facial hair?
“Combed back in a widows peak, I keep myself shaved at aldonite’s insistence, says that it makes me look cleaner and better.â€

Do you consider yourself attractive? Do others?
“nah, I’m a unemployed nobody.â€

Do you have any scars, tattoos, piercings, or birthmarks?
“no scars yet, but if I keep getting my butt kicked I'll pick up a few.â€

Do you resemble anyone famous?
“the black knight.â€

Do you have a dominant hand?
“im left handed, something that annoys aldonite to no end.â€

What kind of clothing do you wear?
“mostly black a bit of red, purple or white.â€

Do you wear makeup?
“nah..not a goth..though I do like the clothes.â€

What is your vocal range? Is your voice distinctive in some way?
“Baritoneâ€

Do you have any distinctive habits, nervous tics, or mannerisms? Where did they come from, and what causes them? Do other people notice and remark on these habits? Do they annoy you or other people?
“Tend to stand around and stare into space, people call it “looming and glooming.†Hehe.â€

History
Where do you come from?
“Wiltshire, England.â€

Have you made any major moves, or do you live in your hometown?
“not yet, thinking bout going to Freedom city and seeing if I can restart my schooling.â€

Do you feel loyal to your country of citizenship? Do you consider yourself patriotic? How do you feel about the government of your country?
“Pretty I guess, governments been looking after me for a while now…I guess I feel indebted.â€

How do you feel about the place you come from?
“Its nice.â€

Where is your home town? What was/is it like?
“quite, rural little hamlet called blackstone.â€

Growing up, were most of the people you knew similar to you, or were you somehow a minority? How did that affect you?
“Didn’t really get on with the other boys at my school, was always sort of alone.â€

Is there something you've always been really good at or really bad at? How has that affected your life?
“Not particularly…not to hot at this heroing stuff or being a knight at the moment but I'm sure ill pick it up.â€

Were there any traumatic experiences in your early years (death of a family member, abandonment, orphaned at an early age)?
“my parents died quite recently.â€

Briefly describe a defining moment in your childhood and how it influenced your life.
“finding a huge, empty suit of black armour in my living room great-sword in its hands.â€

What stupid things did you do when you were younger?
“nothing comes to mind.â€

Where did you go to school? How much school did you have, and did you enjoy it?
“Went to Dunlakes Acadamy for boys, it was alright, didn’t have any close friends but I wasn’t exactly hated…then my parents died and my tutition dried up and I found myself out on my ear.â€

Do you have any mementos of your childhood? What are they, and why did you keep them? If you have none, why not?
“I guess not, probably destroyed with the house…haven’t claimed any inheritance I might’ve been left…â€

When did you decide to become a hero? Why? Did anyone influence you one way or another in the decision?
“When aldonite dragged the armour out of our old basement and hauled it towards my flat in wiltshire, kinda funny,I was spooked by the armour on my way home, thought it was a nutter with a great big sword chasing me.â€

Is the reason you give people for becoming a hero different than your real reason? If so, why?
“nah, im pretty upfront about it, its my destiny apparently. For better or worse.â€

Do you have any deep, dark secrets in the past that may come back to haunt you?
“Not really.â€

Do you represent yourself as being different from who you really are? Why?
“I don’t like who I am right now.â€

If you do have these secrets, what do you fear would happen if the truth became known? How far would you go to protect those secrets?
“I don’t think I would be all that bothered..things can’t get much worse.â€

Do you have any sort of criminal record? If so, is it public knowledge?
“nope, law abiding black knight.â€

Family

What are your biological parents' names?
“Wilbur and Nikita hale.â€

Were you raised by them? If not, please explain and describe who raised you.
“yeah for a while, then they sent me off to dunlakes for my schooling…and died.â€

What was their standing in the community? What did/do they do for a living?
“they seemed well liked.â€

Where are your parents now?
“Wiltshire Cemetery, plot 40.â€

Did your family stay in one area or move around a lot?
“I dunno. We stayed in one place whilst I was around.â€

How did you get along with their parents? How do you get along with them now (if applicable).
“we were distant but loving I prefer to think.â€

How do your parents view you now, or how would they?
“I hope they’d not be too disappointed in me…maybe proud I’ve taken up the mantle.â€

Do you have any siblings? If so how many and what are their names? Describe your relationship with them.
“nah, I'm an only child.â€

What was your birth order in the family?
“First and Last.â€

Where are your siblings now (if applicable)? Do they have families of their own? What do they do?
“don’t have any, but If I did id be happy for them, and a little bit glad this burden fell on me and me alone.â€

Do you stay in touch with them or have you become estranged?
“probably keep away so they’d not have to worry about me.â€

Do you love or hate one member of the family in particular?
“miss my mother the most, dad was a bit dour even for my standards but I loved him all the same.â€

Is any member of the family special to you in any way (perhaps, as a confidant, mentor, or arch-rival)?
“I sometimes go talk to them at there resting place.â€

Are there any black (or white) sheep in the family (including you)? If so, please explain.
“hehehe, Well I'm the black knight of the family…and its sole surviving member.â€

Do you have a notorious or celebrated ancestor? If so, please explain, including how it has affected your life.
“long history of betrayer knights that smote beloved kings before they could fall to deeply into the madness of the foe-sword.â€

Do you have a partner and children currently? If so, please describe them.
“nah, no girl would give me a second glance let alone a happy marriage.â€

If you do not have a partner or children, do you want them someday? How firm are you in your opinion on this, and what might change your mind?
“it would be nice….though mayhap its not for the best if it’d get my wife killed and my child saddled with this nasty job of mine.â€

What type of person would be your ideal mate?
Someone sweet and understanding who could love me in spite of my flaws.

Relationships

Do you have any close friends? If so, please describe them, and how you came to be close to them.
“not really at the moment, Hope to be making a few when I get to finding a team.â€

Do you have a best friend? If so, how did they become your best friend? How close are you to your best friend?
“again, not really, though id try not to play favourites with friends.â€

If you were to go missing, who would worry about you?
“probably not anyone overly…â€

Have you lost any loves? If so, how did it happen, and what did you do?
“wow, im kinda a shut-in huh?; I guess I might go a little crazy and maybe just maybe let aldonite have its way.â€

Do you have any bitter enemies? If so, please describe them and their history with you.
“nah, not effective enough as a hero just yet to have made any…plenty of people who think im a joke though.â€

If you have enemies, how do you think they might attempt to work against you in the future?
“probably try to find out who I am and where I live so they can get me when im outside the armour and without aldonite.â€

What is the worst thing someone has done to you?
“sent me to boarding school and broke contact with me.â€

Where do your loyalties lie? In what order?
“the innocent people of the world, Aldonite and then lastly the dark duty.â€

Who or what do you trust the most? Why?
“aldonite; for all our disagreements and squabbling it is genuinely on my side and much more experienced than me.â€

Who or what do you despise? Why?
“Abusive authority figures…and I don’t really know; prehapse its part of the duty, maybe I never really forgave my math teacher.â€

What qualities do you admire most in other people? Are these qualities you possess?
“experience and cool heads under pressure, I tend to freeze and freak out a little if im surprised, which is often.â€

What qualities do you hate most in other people? Do you have any of those qualities?
“greed and arrogance; I think I’m rather humble.â€

Do you have a secret identity? If so, who knows it? Do you hide it from people who are close to you? Why?
“I Do, By night I am the black knight, by day Jonathan Hale.â€

Do you work well on teams and in groups? Are you a leader or a follower?
“I think id benefit from having someone giving me orders…butt ive yet to find a team.â€

Are you on a super team? If so, how do you get along with your comrades? Do you trust them, or do you have secrets from them?
“nope; I would like to be able to trust them when I do find one though,â€

Are you a member of any church, fraternal organization, club, committee, political party, or other group? How much time do you spend on that?
“I was baptized when I was a baby; don’t really practise it, starting to wonder if its one of the conditions of wielding aldonite as the black knight.â€

Personality & Beliefs

Who are your heroes?
“I like the centurion, the freedom league, young justice…all those American supers who make it look good and easy... Young Britannia too and that pitch person, She’s got it a lot rougher than me and still manages to pull it off.â€

Did you ever become disillusioned with former heroes or idols? If so, why and what were the circumstances?
“not really, I imagine nobody is quite as great at the glossies would like you to think.â€

Do you like being a hero? If so, what is the most rewarding part? If not, what makes you keep doing it?
“I Do, I love having the ability to make a difference and intervine, just gotta figure out how to wield it.â€

Is there anything that would make you give up hero work, or even switch sides?
“nah, like aldonite keeps reminding me, I’m in it till the end.â€

What are your short term goals (what would you like to be doing within a year)?
“become a more competent hero.â€

What are your long term goals (what would you like to be doing twenty years from now)?
“Fufil the duty.â€

What is your greatest fear? Why? What do you do when something triggers this fear?
“I think I fear failing the duty more than anything…aldonite keeps telling me horror stories about what the previous weilders got up to before they could be dealt with.â€

Is there anything you would give you life for?
“The duty.â€

How do you feel about money and material wealth? Do you desire it or disdain it? Are you miserly with what you have, or do you like to share? Is it a mark of success, or a means to an end?
“It’d be nice to have some more…though I don’t want to claim my inheritance in case I didn’t get left one…its nice being able to have that doubt about how my parents thought about me.â€

How do you generally treat others?
“As befits them, if they’re good folk, like good folk, if they’re villains and blackguards, like villains and blackguards.â€

Are you a trusting person? Has your trust ever been abused?
“Not really..on either case, I guess it might be I have had no one to trust.

Are you introverted (shy and withdrawn) or extroverted (outgoing)? Do you have a lot of self-confidence?
“introverted I’d say, don’t think im much up to scratch, adlonite is quite sure I’m not.â€

How do you act around attractive, available members of your preferred sex?
“like a big coward.â€

What are your most annoying habits?
“I dunno..maybe I whine too much.â€

Do you feel contempt for any general category of people? Who are they, and why?
“authority figures…power corrupts after all.â€

What is your favorite food? Do you prefer any particular type of food? Do you take the time to enjoy your food, or do you eat as fast as you can?
“really like savory pies and meats…I like to take my time when eating.â€

What is your favorite drink (alcoholic or otherwise)?
“I like fruit juices, not had any alcohol yet.â€

What is your favorite treat (dessert)?
“Cornish Cream Ice-cream.â€

Are there any specific foodstuffs that you find disgusting or refuse to eat?
“haddock, salmon and trout…eww, nasty oily things.â€

What is your favorite color? Are there any colors you dislike?
“purple.â€

What sort of music do you like? Is there any that you hate?
“fan of heavy metal and rock…maybe I should look into getting a theme song?â€

If you have a favorite scent, what is it?
“I like the smell of Cooked meat.â€

Do you have a favorite animal?
“horses…they’re really majestic…maybe I should look into getting a mount..play up the whole knight angle?â€

What is your most treasured possession? Why?
“a watch my parents bought me for my 16th birthday.â€

Do you enjoy "roughing it", or do you prefer your creature comforts?
“haha, I quite like comfort! What little of it I have.â€

Is there a job or a task you would absolutely refuse to do?
“I don’t like washing the dishes by hand…the soap bubbles make me dry heave.â€

Do you consider yourself a spiritual person? If so, how do your beliefs affect your life?How important is it to you?
“not really…I guess I have a moral center based around belief in the goodness and rights of all sentients.â€

Was your faith influenced or molded by anyone special?
“Not really…aldonite keeps trying to force antiquated chivalry on me.â€

If you belong to a religious organization, how often do you attend? Do you have a specific place of worship, or friends within the organization? How much do you agree with the beliefs of your organization?
“nah…neither did my parents; part of me thinks I was baptized so I fulfilled the requirements of being heir. My mom was Russian after all.â€

Could you kill? Have you killed?
“if Aldonite is to be believed I may have to when the time comes.â€

What circumstances led to you forming that conviction, or taking that action?
“it’s the duty, it falls to me to sacrifice my spiritual needs to protect the world.â€

Are there circumstances under which you believe it is permissible to kill? What are they?
“To protect the world if not the cosmos at large from a terrible evil.â€

How would you react to watching someone kill another person? Would your reaction be different if the killer was a friend or an enemy of yours?
“I would probably be horrified.â€

How would you react if something important was stolen from you?
“I think I would panic.â€

How would you react to public humiliation?
“Eh im used to it by now…id shake it off eventualy like I always do.â€

How would you react if a good friend or relative were purposely or accidentally killed? Has it happened to you?
“I was devastated when I was told about my parents murders.â€

What do you consider to be the worst crime someone could commit and why?
“Hippocracy.â€

If your life were to end in 24 hours, what five things would you do in those remaining hours?
“try to secure an heir so the duty would pass on and the world continue to be safe guarded…sounds awful and callous to say but its important.â€

Career & Training

Do you have any special training in your hero skills? If so, where and how did you get it?
“Nope! Part of why I keep getting my tin can kicked probably.â€

Who taught you the most about your heroing abilities? What was your relationship with that person?
“aldonite inbeween his complaining and raving…id say our relationship is one of Begrudging understanding.â€

Do you have any particularly unusual skills? How did you acquire them?
“aldonites been teaching me the finer points of fighting…it’s not very patient however.â€

Do you do something besides hero work for a living? Have you ever done anything else, or do you plan to?
“nah..I used to be a student…id like to pick it up again.â€

What is your preferred combat style?
“burst in, sword swinging!â€

Have you ever received any awards or honours?
“nah..was a pretty mediocre student.â€

What skill areas would you like most to improve in? Is there anything you can't do that you wish desperately you could?
“Wish I was just better over all, you know?â€

How do you act around people who are more skilled than you in areas you'd like to improve? Are you jealous, or do you try and learn?
“I would like to improve, so I try to learn.â€

Lifestyle & Hobbies

What is a normal day for you? How do you feel when something interrupts this routine?
“Eh generaly I take each day as it comes…though I feel a bit self conscious if I don’t get my morning shower.â€

Do you have any hobbies, or interests outside hero work? What are they, and where did you pick them up?
“Quite like the idea of learning how to ride…though if I did id be making it a part of the black knight persona I guess.â€

What do you do for fun?
“read, watch T.V. Go for walks, nothing special.â€

Do you have a costume? What does it look like?
“got the armour, black as midnight and imposing as anything.â€

How do you normally dress when not in costume?
“lotsa black and a bit of purple, maybe a little bit of red.â€

What do you wear to bed most nights?
“Pajamas.â€

Do you wear any special jewelry? What is it, and what does it look like?
“The watch my parents gave me, and some signet ring that came with the armour but other than that nope.â€

Do you have a special place where you keep your valuables?
“In a old biscuit tin in my wardrobe. Between the boots of the armour when its not in use.â€

What's your preferred means of local travel? How about long distance?
“I Like walking if its near enough or catching a bus or taxi for further destinations. be pretty cool to have a steed though.â€

Miscellaneous

Have you ever made a will, or tried to make arrangements for your death? What provisions did you make?
“No, but I probably should considering it.â€

If your features were to be destroyed beyond recognition, is there any other way of identifying your body?
“uuh wow, dental records I guess? Maybe aldonite and the Armour if I was killed in action.â€

What would you like to be remembered for after your death?
“Stopping Excalibur, no matter the personal cost.â€

Do you believe you pose a threat to the public? Why or why not?
"As much as any other super does..ive got a sword that can cut through anything ive tried it against when it wants too.â€

What do you perceive as your greatest strength?
“Aldonite.â€

What do you perceive as your greatest weakness?
 â€œMy Inexperienceâ€

As a player, if you could, what advice would you give your character? Speak as if he/she were sitting right here in front of you. Use proper tone so they might heed your advice...
“Don’t worry, Everything will be okay.â€

Edited by Exaccus

1.Where is your hero from? Wiltshire, England.
2. How would your hero physically describe him/herself? Is this different from how others would? He would in general describe himself as tall and angular, Others would probably include Dark and handsome.
3. Does your hero have distinguishing speech characteristics or recurring mannerisms?

Doleful eyes seem to pervade his face even amidst better and brighter emotions,
4. What is your hero's motivation?

Living up to the legacy left to him.
5. What are your hero's greatest strengths and weaknesses?

His greatest strength is his Determination to improve His greatest weakness is his low self-esteem
6. What does your hero love? What does your hero hate?

He loves more than anything the romanticized ideals he tries to live up too, He despises more than anything abusive authority figures, be they kings of parents.
7. How would you describe your character's mental and emotional state?
Depressed or perhapse repressed.

8. What does your hero fear the most?

Failing or falling in with the swords draconian ways.
9. What is your character's greatest ambition?

To prove himself worthy of the mantle and get his life back on track.
10. How does your hero feel about the state of the world and his/her place in it?

Determined to See Both Improve.
11. Does your hero have any prejudices? How does he/she get along with others?

He has no noticeable prejudices and tries his best to be unobtrusive and Polite
12. Where do your heroes loyalties lie? In what order?

The innocent people he protects, His friends, Aldonite, The Duty.
13. Does your hero have a lover or partner? How do they feel about the hero now?

He has not been fortunate enough to find love.
14. Does your hero have a family? What is the relationship there like?

His immediate family are dead, No members of any extended family he might posses stepped forth to Claim legal guardianship so he is over all indifferent to them.
15. How would the people closest to your hero describe him or her?

Very Sad.
16. Is your hero a role model?

Any Sufficiently Experienced Hero.
17. How spiritual is your hero? Does your hero follow a relgious tradition?

He’s a Baptized Christian But he doesn’t practise it actively.
18. Is your hero part of a team, or would he/she like to be? Why?

He would very much like to be, so he’d have someone to help him make sense of everything.
19. How does your hero feel about the place of metahumans and aliens on Earth?

He has no Strong opinions either way; but tries to be open minded.
20. If you could give one piece of advice to your hero, what would it be?

To thine own self be true.