Errant.

• 1 month later...

HellQ:

Introduction

Who are you? Sum yourself up in one sentence.

I am lost, I think, and I am trying to find my way.

Do you have any nicknames, street names, titles, or nom de plume?

My mother called me El.

What is your full birth name?

Elias Silvestri

Where do you live?

Claremont academy.

How old are you? What year were you born (if applicable)?

16. 1996

Physical Traits

What is your gender? If not applicable, please explain.

Male.

How would you describe your heritage?

Mixed, I guess.

How tall are you?

5'9

What is your body type?

Skinny, a couple people have called me scrawny.

Do you have any particular weaknesses, such as allergies or physical disabilities?

Milk allergy, at least I think so.

How do you carry yourself? Are you graceful, or heavy on your feet? Can you be stealthy, do you walk with confidence?

My mother and Uncle Corso taught me to be light on my feet.

Describe your skin, eye, and hair color.

I don't really know how to describe it. I tan easy, and I have dark hair, and pale eyes. I never really stopped to think about it too much.

How do you wear your hair, if applicable? Do you have facial hair?

Buzzed close to my head. I do it every couple weeks.

Do you consider yourself attractive? Do others?

I don't know. I don't think so.

Do you have any scars, tattoos, piercings, or birthmarks?

A lot of them. I have two left by my mother, her touch left burns, on my stomach, and back. There are in the shape of her hands.

Do you resemble anyone famous?

Not that I am aware of. But then I don't really follow that kind of stuff.

Do you have a dominant hand?

I am left handed.

What kind of clothing do you wear?

Whatever fits. I tend to patch my own clothes.

Do you wear makeup?

Sometimes camouflage, but that's it.

What is your vocal range? Is your voice distinctive in some way?

It is, everyone says I have a strange accent, and I have a really deep voice. They called me a midget 'Barry White,' whoever that is.

Do you have any distinctive habits, nervous tics, or mannerisms? Where did they come from, and what causes them? Do other people notice and remark on these habits? Do they annoy you or other people?

I've been told I stare a lot.

History

Where do you come from?

Eastern Oregon. And other places.

Have you made any major moves, or do you live in your hometown?

Made a lot of moves.

Do you feel loyal to your country of citizenship? Do you consider yourself patriotic? How do you feel about the government of your country?

A place is only geography, I don't feel too loyal to any government or place.

How do you feel about the place you come from?

It is a place, it isn't that special too me. I remember New Freedom, but it isn't 'home'.

Where is your home town? What was/is it like?

I lived near Malheur. It's high desert, can see a far ways off, lot of birds go there during their migrations.

Growing up, were most of the people you knew similar to you, or were you somehow a minority? How did that affect you?

I only really had my mom, and Uncle Corso when he was around.

Is there something you've always been really good at or really bad at? How has that affected your life?

Dunno if it is my powers, or something, I tend to notice things, tend to read people

Reading people. I don't know if it's because of my powers or is something else... it is hard to say.

Were there any traumatic experiences in your early years (death of a family member, abandonment, orphaned at an early age)?

Being on the run with my mother, having to learn not to 'play' with others minds

Briefly describe a defining moment in your childhood and how it influenced your life.

Fleeing New Freedom. I was 5. Seeing my father again, that was hard.

What stupid things did you do when you were younger?

I almost drowned once because I tried to cross on a log that was over a stream.

Where did you go to school? How much school did you have, and did you enjoy it?

Never really went to school.

Do you have any mementos of your childhood? What are they, and why did you keep them? If you have none, why not?

I remember most everything, I don't need things. I have a couple trinkets, a little stone token from my mom, and a pocket knife.

When did you decide to become a hero? Why? Did anyone influence you one way or another in the decision?

There is no particular instant I decided on this. I just... It hard to shut out the thoughts and feelings of victims.

Is the reason you give people for becoming a hero different than your real reason? If so, why?

I don't give people a reason. I'd rather not be noticed.

Do you have any deep, dark secrets in the past that may come back to haunt you?

They aren't secrets. But my past, my family, it will come back to haunt me.

Do you represent yourself as being different from who you really are? Why?

No. I don't think I do.

If you do have these secrets, what do you fear would happen if the truth became known? How far would you go to protect those secrets?

Not applicable. I am not afraid of what would happen.

Do you have any sort of criminal record? If so, is it public knowledge?

I do not have any record. Except that I am an illegal alien.

Family

What are your biological parents' names?

Hector II (Father, Haywire), Elizabeth (Mother, Cattavaria) Aguayo.

Were you raised by them? If not, please explain and describe who raised you.

Mostly by my mother.

What was their standing in the community? What did/do they do for a living?

Largely criminal. They were mercenaries and murderers. My father works counter insurgency in New Freedom.

Where are your parents now?

I don't know. I don't know if they are alive.

Did your family stay in one area or move around a lot?

My father stayed in New Freedom, my mother and I moved around a lot, eventually sort of settled in eastern Oregon.

How did you get along with their parents? How do you get along with them now (if applicable).

I got along alright. It is hard to say, my father tampered with my mind, and my relationship with my mother is complicated by the situation of where we were

How do your parents view you now, or how would they?

My father wants me back. My mother wants me kept away from him. I don't know how much their desires are driven by love.

Do you have any siblings? If so how many and what are their names? Describe your relationship with them.

None, that I know of.

What was your birth order in the family?

Me.

Where are your siblings now (if applicable)? Do they have families of their own? What do they do?

I don't know if I have any more.

Do you stay in touch with them or have you become estranged?

Again, I believe I am the only one.

Do you love or hate one member of the family in particular?

I do not know how I feel of them. My father is... a source of fear and anger. My mother is a source of anger and love.

Is any member of the family special to you in any way (perhaps, as a confidant, mentor, or arch-rival)?

My Uncle Corso. He isn't really my uncle, but he is the closest thing I had to a friend. It is hard, I cannot express what that is like, because the sense of friendship I felt seemed different. I am set back quite a bit with my upbringing.

Are there any black (or white) sheep in the family (including you)? If so, please explain.

I suppose my mother is, but then that is because she ran with me from my father, who is a loyalist to the Harpers.

Do you have a notorious or celebrated ancestor? If so, please explain, including how it has affected your life.

My parents. They are wanted by the international community.

Do you have a partner and children currently? If so, please describe them.

No.

If you do not have a partner or children, do you want them someday? How firm are you in your opinion on this, and what might change your mind?

I have never really thought about that. Yes, no? I am honest enough with myself that any stance I make now wont be permanent, probaly.

What type of person would be your ideal mate?

I haven't given that a thought ever. I have... intimacy issues.

Relationships

Do you have any close friends? If so, please describe them, and how you came to be close to them.

Except uncle COrso, no.

Do you have a best friend? If so, how did they become your best friend? How close are you to your best friend?

None.

If you were to go missing, who would worry about you?

I assume anyone who knows me at Claremont, I don't try to look too deeply into my relationships there.

Have you lost any loves? If so, how did it happen, and what did you do?

I am 16. I don't.

Do you have any bitter enemies? If so, please describe them and their history with you.

I suppose my father.

If you have enemies, how do you think they might attempt to work against you in the future?

I am certain he wants me back in New Freeom as a dutiful son.

What is the worst thing someone has done to you?

My mom used her powers on me to 'train' me to stop touching others minds unbidden.

Where do your loyalties lie? In what order?

To concepts, more than people or things. Then can fail you. Ideals can.

Who or what do you trust the most? Why?

I really don't trust anyone. People are inherently self-centered, and will work to promote their interests before others. I know this well.

Who or what do you despise? Why?

I hate New Freedom.

What qualities do you admire most in other people? Are these qualities you possess?

Resolve, decisive action.

What qualities do you hate most in other people? Do you have any of those qualities?

I hate abusive people. I might have tendencines towards that. I don't know. I try to disengage from others.

Do you have a secret identity? If so, who knows it? Do you hide it from people who are close to you? Why?

I don't have a secret identity like is traditional. I don't use my name, at all.

Do you work well on teams and in groups? Are you a leader or a follower?

My abilities compliment others, but I am not good on a team. I am difficult, I have been told.

Are you on a super team? If so, how do you get along with your comrades? Do you trust them, or do you have secrets from them?

No. I guess Claremont students.

Are you a member of any church, fraternal organization, club, committee, political party, or other group? How much time do you spend on that?

No.

Personality & Beliefs

Who are your heroes?

I don't have the context of that

Did you ever become disillusioned with former heroes or idols? If so, why and what were the circumstances?

My parents. I am learning more and more about other heroes, but all in postscript so there is less negative feelings about the failings of others.

Do you like being a hero? If so, what is the most rewarding part? If not, what makes you keep doing it?

This is all a training run. I must contend with my parents.

Is there anything that would make you give up hero work, or even switch sides?

I could be brainwashed or worse. If I was harming others I could give it up

What are your short term goals (what would you like to be doing within a year)?

Focusing on training my abilities, I need to refine them, and my other skills. When I am ready I am going to test myself. If I feel that I handle that well, I am going hunting.

What are your long term goals (what would you like to be doing twenty years from now)?

Save New Freedom, I don't know if that is possible. But the feelings of there...

What is your greatest fear? Why? What do you do when something triggers this fear?

Being made Loyal to Leah Harper, and becoming my father's Dutiful son.

Is there anything you would give you life for?

Plenty. My life has no greater intrinsic value than others, and if I could sacrifice and just stop the gears from grinding for a moment, so that others could see what I see... then it will be better.

How do you feel about money and material wealth? Do you desire it or disdain it? Are you miserly with what you have, or do you like to share? Is it a mark of success, or a means to an end?

I am a spendthrift. But I will help others, I just don't really care about material things.

How do you generally treat others?

The same. But I am impatient with a lot of the social games.

Are you a trusting person? Has your trust ever been abused?

I'm not. My mother abused it as it served her purposes. Survival was paramount to her.

Are you introverted (shy and withdrawn) or extroverted (outgoing)? Do you have a lot of self-confidence?

Introverted. I am confident in my abilities and myself, I understand the problem that doubting yourself can do.

How do you act around attractive, available members of your preferred sex?

The same as I normally do. I have issues with intimacy.

What are your most annoying habits?

That I tend to ignore social matters. I will say things I shoulodn't.

Do you feel contempt for any general category of people? Who are they, and why?

Bullies and dictators.

What is your favorite food? Do you prefer any particular type of food? Do you take the time to enjoy your food, or do you eat as fast as you can?

I like fish.

What is your favorite drink (alcoholic or otherwise)?

Water.

What is your favorite treat (dessert)?

Never really ate sweets much. I like candied ginger.

Are there any specific foodstuffs that you find disgusting or refuse to eat?

What is your favorite color? Are there any colors you dislike?

I like blue, I dislike colors that stand out.

What sort of music do you like? Is there any that you hate?

I haven't listened to much music. Mostly like something that has a driving beat.

If you have a favorite scent, what is it?

Euclayptus.

Do you have a favorite animal?

I don't have any special attachment to animals.

What is your most treasured possession? Why?

I don't have any treasured possesions.

Do you enjoy "roughing it", or do you prefer your creature comforts?

I would prefer to be comfortable. But I am used to 'roughing it.'

Is there a job or a task you would absolutely refuse to do?

No.

Do you consider yourself a spiritual person? If so, how do your beliefs affect your life?How important is it to you?

I don't.

Was your faith influenced or molded by anyone special?

If you belong to a religious organization, how often do you attend? Do you have a specific place of worship, or friends within the organization? How much do you agree with the beliefs of your organization?

I am... unsure. I never thought about it.

Could you kill? Have you killed?

I could. I think. I have not.

What circumstances led to you forming that conviction, or taking that action?

I am aware that the choice may not be possible/

Are there circumstances under which you believe it is permissible to kill? What are they?

I do not think killing is a right thing, or a permissable thing, it... damages the people involved. Killer included.

How would you react to watching someone kill another person? Would your reaction be different if the killer was a friend or an enemy of yours?

I have seen it. I... felt sick.

How would you react if something important was stolen from you?

A thing isn't important.

How would you react to public humiliation?

The self can get in the way of things. Humiliation doesn't change me. I am still the same, it does not take from me.

How would you react if a good friend or relative were purposely or accidentally killed? Has it happened to you?

I... it is hard to respond to that. Each situation is unique.

What do you consider to be the worst crime someone could commit and why?

Murder removes all the potentiality of the person.

If your life were to end in 24 hours, what five things would you do in those remaining hours?

Try to get to my parents, and get answers. That would be my only goal.

Career & Training

Do you have any special training in your hero skills? If so, where and how did you get it?

None, really.

Who taught you the most about your heroing abilities? What was your relationship with that person?

I don't really have much training in heroing abilities, training from my mother, yes. But less so the heroing.

Do you have any particularly unusual skills? How did you acquire them?

I am good at reading people, and I learn to survive outside of regular life.

Do you do something besides hero work for a living? Have you ever done anything else, or do you plan to?

I am a student, I am looking for a job. But, there is this whole legal citizenship issue.

What is your preferred combat style?

Unarmed. I don't like being contrained to a single it would make me lazy or over reliant

Have you ever received any awards or honours?

None yet.

What skill areas would you like most to improve in? Is there anything you can't do that you wish desperately you could?

I should really learn to interact with others better.

How do you act around people who are more skilled than you in areas you'd like to improve? Are you jealous, or do you try and learn?

I learn from them, watch what they do and commit it to memory.

Lifestyle & Hobbies

What is a normal day for you? How do you feel when something interrupts this routine?

Up before five, hit the gym, until breakfast, then classes. Lunch. Classes, then dinner, and maybe other stuff. It has a nice rhythm. But it changing doesn't both me.

Do you have any hobbies, or interests outside hero work? What are they, and where did you pick them up?

Skateboarding, and trying to learn this whole parkous thing. People watching.

What do you do for fun?

Skateboard, read, parkour. I do a lot of reading, as I never had the chance before.

Do you have a costume? What does it look like?

Final version is a full body suit. Possibly with some protective plating. A hood over that, and a domino style mask. With padding/plaing over the backs of his hands, forarms, and the tops of his feet, up to his knees. Probably with some purpose built pouches to carry any needed supplies. The color is dark grey and blues, perfect for nights in city.

How do you normally dress when not in costume?

As practical as possible.

What do you wear to bed most nights?

As I have a dorm mate, pajama pants and a t-shirt.

Do you wear any special jewelry? What is it, and what does it look like?

No.

Do you have a special place where you keep your valuables?

I have no valuable things. Physical things as transitory.

What's your preferred means of local travel? How about long distance?

Foot, skateboard, public transport,. For long distance, car I suppose.

Miscellaneous

Have you ever made a will, or tried to make arrangements for your death? What provisions did you make?

I have not. But then I have nothing to leave.

If your features were to be destroyed beyond recognition, is there any other way of identifying your body?

I honestly don't know. Perhaps an empathic projection I leave.

What would you like to be remembered for after your death?

That I was my own person.

Do you believe you pose a threat to the public? Why or why not?

Of course I do. I can touch the mind of anyone in the city.

What do you perceive as your greatest strength?

My willingness to do, I can take calculated risks without a whole lot of self doubt.

What do you perceive as your greatest weakness?

My difficulty in working with others. I hadn't really learned how to deal with them, so I make a lot of mistakes. Frequently. The reality is that I do need help more than I know.

As a player, if you could, what advice would you give your character? Speak as if he/she were sitting right here in front of you. Use proper tone so they might heed your advice...

You are not your parents Elias, you are not your choices. Letting their ghosts linger over you, and hold you down does not help you in any fashion.