A New Day (IC)

Dariusprime

"I'm fine, just fine. I wasn't stuck in the parallel world as long as Viktor was, okay I was technically, but relatively the distillation between the worlds made my stay about two days and his stay about two years. Plus, in the world I was in, and there was nothing there anyway, nothing at all."

Her voice dropped a little at the last phrase but it perked back up,

"Honestly you should put the costume on, the whole tarp toga look just doesn't suit you."

She slipped out of the hug quite easily,

"Anyway, we got some things to talk about, lots of things happened when you were gone, when we were gone honestly. Also, family, that's gonna need some tactical pre-planning, I caught a heck of a lot of slack disappearing when I did and that was only like two, three weeks."

She looked back and forth between the two, blinking in uncomprehendingly at the multitude of adventures she missed. "Yes, obviously we do have many things to discuss. Two days? Years?"

"If you'll excuse me a moment please," she announced, taking a deep breath. Tensing momentarily, her form blurred for a split second. She refocused wearing her new costume, the tarp rolled neatly underarm. "Ah, much better. Thank you again, Carrie."

She looked to them again, this time her voice catching a bit. "I...never wanted this to happen to either of you. I did what I had to do for both of you. All of you. But...thank you both so much."

Her eyes welled up, but instead of bear hugging them again, she let them their space and wiped her face. "You never know your true friends until the going gets tough."

~fin~