Discovery of Ourselves, Delight in Recognition (IC)

April

Eve made a quiet, irritated noise as she dodged a blast of flame from Ember, a member of the Psion family and a powerful pryokinetic, and wondered (not for the first time) how a simple date ended up being so complicated.

Nothing can ever stay simple, Eve thought with a rueful grin and a shake of her head. Taking a risk, the telepath glanced at her girlfriend, and she felt her cheeks flush and her heart beat faster as she set eyes upon Etain. The Psions came for Eve, they were pretty upfront about that, attacking the young Martel because of her own psychic capabilities and they offered Etain a chance to leave.

Eve was glad she stayed, and Eve very much wanted to kiss her for that. Well, the telepath thought to herself, I want to do that anyway. First things first though.

Etain distanced herself from the fireflinger but kept close enough to Eve to ask,

"Why now are they trying so much to take you again? It seems rather strange that they would confront you as such."

Really the whole situation confused Etain. They went to see a nice movie, then when they were leaving the theatre the firey girl moved over and some man in a wheelchair with another group of people came over claiming something strange like genetic superiority and a new era. What was wrong with this era? The genetics seemed to be just fine as there were several people with good genetics all over if the powers were the only thing they were looking for.

"It seems very strange to be singled out."

-The Psions, Etain,- Eve thought to her girlfriend. -Psychics like myself or the Scarab, just lacking in any sort of ethics. People like myself are obstacles.-

Whatever Eve said, Etain seemed to do something in response to it. There was a look of shock on Ember's face and the flames surrounding her fists suddenly winked out, and both Aura and Argent had a similar expression as the gold and silver auras surrounding the twins winked out. Whatever it was Changeling did, Jump moved with great alacrity, grabbed hold of the elder Psion and winked out of existence before the wave of nullification could take effect.

In the moment of confusion consuming both twins, Sage leaped forward, blade forming in her hand, and made a great sweeping attack against the twins. The blade fuzzed slightly as it passed through the twins, sending disruptive impulses along their nervous system. For Aura it proved to be too much and she dropped to the ground, twitching though her twin fared better; the contact with the mental weapon merely left her reeling.

The last Psion, Empath, snarled a word best left unsaid and directed her attention at Sage. The eldest grandchild tried to reach somewhere deep inside the telepaths mind, seeking to summon forth nightmares and other feelings of terror.

"Psions, that is a strange thing you call yourselves."

Etain looked at the girl losing her firey presense as well as the smaller oriental looking twins,

"Psi, as in mind, you think your minds are so very powerful. It is not wise to get so complacent with such things, I have met true psychics who have endured worse for longer, but you who claim superiority think that you all would try to use such things here without my permission. There is nothing a mind can do here without my permission."

She took a step forward and looked at Empath,

"Though it seems the teleporter escaped, and you,"

Etain moved forward pushing back the fear as she drew her sword and swept forward. In a swift arc she slashed her blade across Empath's chest,

"You are centuries too early to try such things against my companion."

There was a ripple in the space near the twins as Jump reappeared, and he shot a questioning look toward Ember, who nodded slightly.

"You presume much, girl," the Psion snarled, then hissed in pain as Changeling's sword met some resistance though whether it was a fortuitous half-step backward or Empath's costume was tougher than it appeared, the illusionist's blade did not bite deep. "What we came here to do is done," Empath continued, closing the distance between her and the twins, and soon joined by Ember. There was murder in the eyes of the villainous family, but they made no further move to attack.

"Tick tock," the eldest Psion murmured, glancing at the shaken Sage before reality rippled around them and they vanished.