Apex Predators (IC)

"Why don't you just melt it?"

She leaned over and looked at the armor,

"It's clearly not immune to acid, get a few plastic tubs, make sure they're plastic by the way, the acid eats through anything but plastic. Fill it with some hydroflauric acid and let it sit it should breakdown into it's baser components and be completely unusable. Why the whole thing would take about one trip to most major hardware stores and about a day or two to soak."

"Hm."

Marcus had to admit, the solution was elegant in its simplicity. He didn't really need to buy anything to do it either; an Earth-rune based ritual could quite easily do the job. The problem was, unfortunately, transporting Gauntlet, keeping the Cult from tracking it, and then keeping the cultists away from the ritual site. He'd already had one domestic run-in with the golem, and he was reminded of it every time he walked in and out of the door at the Parkhurst Hotel.

And then, there were the moral implications.

"I dunno," he muttered, reluctance in his voice. "What happens to the soul in the armor?" Immediately, Marcus thought about Nick Cimitiere. The man WAS, after all, a necromancer. It was a question worth asking--if he could separate the soul from the armor, he wouldn't feel nearly as bad about destroying it. Certainly, it couldn't feel physical pain, but it wasn't necessarily the human component of the eldritch construct that was trying to destroy him. The Beast Rune fed on aggression...

"I didn't mean to get you dragged into this. Not even sure who to call for this sort of thing." He rubbed at the back of his neck and sighed heavily. "Man, what a bother." He looked down the hill at the people stirring below, reaching into his shorts pocket and producing a piece of chalk. It didn't look like any normal piece of chalk, carrying an unusual glow when the sun hit it.

"...so you're okay with this whole magic thing, right? I mean, you're not gonna freak out and shoot me again, are you?" He grinned, mostly joking.

"Well I understand the concept but only just, nevermind anything detailed like that. Really, I do not think there is much to freak out about since you yourself seem trustworthy enough. Though I'm curious as to how we are to explain this to them."

She poked out a thumb in the direction of some people coming up the walk. She really doubted any of them would think she was responsible for any of this, so convincing them otherwise was not a problem in the least.

"Well, I'm sure they all saw it tearing through the woods trying to get to me..." Marcus felt a little guilty for that. He wasn't sure why he'd even left Parkhurst without some sort of masking agent. He reminded himself to figure out some way to ward himself against detection. If Gauntlet showed up at school...

"Might be best if people didn't see you with a barely clothed guy in a mask either. This isn't Tarzan." He smirked and turned around, starting to head back the way he'd come in the first place. "I'll be back to clean this up, but... you might want to encourage everyone else to leave, just in case."

He started running, shifting forms midstride as he scrambled back up the hill and into the woods--just as the rest of the picnicking group returned to the scene and got a good look at the gold-armored monstrosity lying face down in the dirt.