Keeping Science Fair

cosmicarus

“I created a sonic boom.†Velocity replied to Nightrival. “When I hit the sound barrier just right, it can be pretty spectacular.â€Â

Hearing the moan from one of the others, Velocity moved over closer to the one called Goop. “So, you ready to give up? Or you want to try a few more rounds?†She asked, tensing slightly to see if he was going to try to keep fighting.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“I created a sonic boom.†Velocity replied to Nightrival. “When I hit the sound barrier just right, it can be pretty spectacular.â€Â

Hearing the moan from one of the others, Velocity moved over closer to the one called Goop. “So, you ready to give up? Or you want to try a few more rounds?†She asked, tensing slightly to see if he was going to try to keep fighting.

The last concious villain's head, still covered by the exoskeleton mask lags from side to side.

“So, you ready to give up? Or you want to try a few more rounds?â€Â

...Nightrival crosses his arms and glares at the villian with a piercing stare. He says nothing, bearing down on Goop with an imposing stance.

Upon seeing the two heroes standing over him, the villain formerly known as Goop suddenly sobers, "No, no! I'm sorry, no!" He holds his hands over his face mask. "I didn't even want to do anything, I was just interesting in the science, I swear! Please don't send me to Blackstone..."

The last concious villain's head, still covered by the exoskeleton mask lags from side to side.

“So, you ready to give up? Or you want to try a few more rounds?â€Â

...Nightrival crosses his arms and glares at the villian with a piercing stare. He says nothing, bearing down on Goop with an imposing stance.

Upon seeing the two heroes standing over him, the villain formerly known as Goop suddenly sobers, "No, no! I'm sorry, no!" He holds his hands over his face mask. "I didn't even want to do anything, I was just interesting in the science, I swear! Please don't send me to Blackstone..."

NightrivalHS.jpg

"No, no! I'm sorry, no!" He holds his hands over his face mask. "I didn't even want to do anything, I was just interesting in the science, I swear! Please don't send me to Blackstone..."

Nightrival steps closer to Goop and leans right into his face.

"If yer so inta science, then why did ya try ta rob these folks and hurt that guy back there? Here I was thinkin' that science actually helps people, not take advantage of 'em."

NightrivalHS.jpg

"No, no! I'm sorry, no!" He holds his hands over his face mask. "I didn't even want to do anything, I was just interesting in the science, I swear! Please don't send me to Blackstone..."

Nightrival steps closer to Goop and leans right into his face.

"If yer so inta science, then why did ya try ta rob these folks and hurt that guy back there? Here I was thinkin' that science actually helps people, not take advantage of 'em."

'Goop' has no answer for this. A look of shame spreads across his face before he hangs his head low.

“Its not really up to us what happens to you.†Velocity replied. “Maybe if you cooperate with the DA, he might give you a deal that keeps you out of prision.â€Â

At this, the villain's head pipes up. He glances at his companions before looking back to the heroes. He whispers, as if trying to relate a secret, "Oh, I'll comply - I'll say anything you want. I swear!"

At this point, there are flashes. Behind the heroes, the a crowd has gathered and members of the public and the press are busy taking photos. Some of the press have even started asking questions: "You, the man in black, what's your name? Velocity, Velocity - do you go to uni here? Is this the beginning of a new team-up? Velocity, is the man in black your boyfriend? Are you married? Who were these villains? What did they want?" Two security staff from the uni are doing their best to keep the crowd at bay.

'Goop' has no answer for this. A look of shame spreads across his face before he hangs his head low.

“Its not really up to us what happens to you.†Velocity replied. “Maybe if you cooperate with the DA, he might give you a deal that keeps you out of prision.â€Â

At this, the villain's head pipes up. He glances at his companions before looking back to the heroes. He whispers, as if trying to relate a secret, "Oh, I'll comply - I'll say anything you want. I swear!"

At this point, there are flashes. Behind the heroes, the a crowd has gathered and members of the public and the press are busy taking photos. Some of the press have even started asking questions: "You, the man in black, what's your name? Velocity, Velocity - do you go to uni here? Is this the beginning of a new team-up? Velocity, is the man in black your boyfriend? Are you married? Who were these villains? What did they want?" Two security staff from the uni are doing their best to keep the crowd at bay.

NightrivalHS.jpg

Nightrival winces at the flashing cameras and lifts up his arm to cover his eyes. For a moment, he thinks the two heroes are a about to face to another wave of technological trouble-makers. He's relieved when he sees cameras instead of ray-guns and quickly resigns behind Velocity.

"You, the man in black, what's your name? Velocity, Velocity - do you go to uni here? Is this the beginning of a new team-up? Velocity, is the man in black your boyfriend? Are you married? Who were these villains? What did they want?"

"My . . . my name? N-Nightrival. Although the r-real man in black was J-Johnny Cash, bless 'em."

He leans over to Velocity. "Ya know how ta deal with these folks?" he whispers, "'cause I'm kinda new at this."

NightrivalHS.jpg

Nightrival winces at the flashing cameras and lifts up his arm to cover his eyes. For a moment, he thinks the two heroes are a about to face to another wave of technological trouble-makers. He's relieved when he sees cameras instead of ray-guns and quickly resigns behind Velocity.

"You, the man in black, what's your name? Velocity, Velocity - do you go to uni here? Is this the beginning of a new team-up? Velocity, is the man in black your boyfriend? Are you married? Who were these villains? What did they want?"

"My . . . my name? N-Nightrival. Although the r-real man in black was J-Johnny Cash, bless 'em."

He leans over to Velocity. "Ya know how ta deal with these folks?" he whispers, "'cause I'm kinda new at this."

“A good start would be getting out of your armor.†Velocity replied to Goop before turning towards the crowd of reporters that was starting to come forward.

Velocity smiled as Nightrival gave his name to the reporters, seeming a bit out of sorts at their questions. “Yeah, they take some getting used to.†She whispered back.

Moving forward, she put on a broad, winning smile as she looked over at the press. “No, I don’t go to the university here. Science isn’t really my strong point, home ech is more my speed. I just happened to be in the area.â€Â

“Nightrival and I just met during the fight. I’m always happy to work with other costumed heroes, particularly ones as skilled as Nightrival is.â€Â

“A good start would be getting out of your armor.†Velocity replied to Goop before turning towards the crowd of reporters that was starting to come forward.

Velocity smiled as Nightrival gave his name to the reporters, seeming a bit out of sorts at their questions. “Yeah, they take some getting used to.†She whispered back.

Moving forward, she put on a broad, winning smile as she looked over at the press. “No, I don’t go to the university here. Science isn’t really my strong point, home ech is more my speed. I just happened to be in the area.â€Â

“Nightrival and I just met during the fight. I’m always happy to work with other costumed heroes, particularly ones as skilled as Nightrival is.â€Â

NightrivalHS.jpg

Nightrival scratches the back of his head and gazes at his feet, his ears burning bright red underneath his mask.

"I'm . . . uh . . . I mean, um . . ."

After pausing for a moment, he takes a deep breath. One o' the first things Master Lee taught me was ta conquer my fears.

Nightrival puffs up his chest and steps forward to stand beside Velocity. "Well, it's not everyday ya get ta work with a talented powerhouse like Velocity. Ya shoulda seen what she did ta those robots back there. Man, they might as well 'ave been made outta tinfoil."

NightrivalHS.jpg

Nightrival scratches the back of his head and gazes at his feet, his ears burning bright red underneath his mask.

"I'm . . . uh . . . I mean, um . . ."

After pausing for a moment, he takes a deep breath. One o' the first things Master Lee taught me was ta conquer my fears.

Nightrival puffs up his chest and steps forward to stand beside Velocity. "Well, it's not everyday ya get ta work with a talented powerhouse like Velocity. Ya shoulda seen what she did ta those robots back there. Man, they might as well 'ave been made outta tinfoil."

“A good start would be getting out of your armor.†Velocity replied to Goop...

At the bequest, Goop starts to slowly fiddle with the armour plating over his body, finding tabs and joints that released it.

As for the heroes, the photographs and questions don't stop, they just become more inane, "Velocity, what did you have for breakfast? Nightrival, how do you feel about the portrayal of Jahnny Cash in 'Walk The Line'?" Eventually, a group of police officers force their way to the front of the crowd, "C'mon, step aside. Let us through..." They come for the front and stop when they see the heroes. The leader in charge gives them an odd look before directing his team about, indicating Tricorder "Ok youse guys, get those bums outta here. And clear these reporters - this ain't a circus." He turns back to the heroes, "Youse guys can go now - we'll clean this place up." He speaks, not with disdain, but with a little bit of huff.

“A good start would be getting out of your armor.†Velocity replied to Goop...

At the bequest, Goop starts to slowly fiddle with the armour plating over his body, finding tabs and joints that released it.

As for the heroes, the photographs and questions don't stop, they just become more inane, "Velocity, what did you have for breakfast? Nightrival, how do you feel about the portrayal of Jahnny Cash in 'Walk The Line'?" Eventually, a group of police officers force their way to the front of the crowd, "C'mon, step aside. Let us through..." They come for the front and stop when they see the heroes. The leader in charge gives them an odd look before directing his team about, indicating Tricorder "Ok youse guys, get those bums outta here. And clear these reporters - this ain't a circus." He turns back to the heroes, "Youse guys can go now - we'll clean this place up." He speaks, not with disdain, but with a little bit of huff.

NightrivalHS.jpg

"Youse guys can go now - we'll clean this place up." He speaks, not with disdain, but with a little bit of huff.

"Alright, officer. Whatever ya say," replies Nightrival. There's gratitude for ya.

He walks away from the crowd and climbs on top of the stage, beckoning Velocity to follow him. Removing another swing line from under his belt, he returns his attention to the speedster.

"Say, um, I meant what I said ta thos' reporters," he says in a low voice. "I'm puttin' together a - I don't know what ta call it exactly - a team or a group of some sort. I think you'd make a great addition."

Velocity was not too happy with the attitude of the officer that was in charge either, nor that he was sending off the press. She gave them a little wave and a smile as they left before noting that Nightrival had moved away and indicated for her to follow.

In a flash, she was back beside him as he looked over and talked about his plans to for a team of sorts. "Thanks." She said in reply to his comment about her making a good addition. "What sort of team?" She then asked.

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc243/Shadowboxer_album/NightrivalHS.jpg

"Well, a team o' folks like us. I figured sooner or later one o' us is gonna come across some punk with real firepower, and havin' some back-up would help. And," he adds with a shrug, "we can exchange info wit' each other, that sorta thing. I'm thinkin' it's more like a network o' costumed do-gooders than another Freedom League. Folks workin' the streets need help too."

Nightrival suddenly feels embarrassed. Asking another superhero to join the new team proved to require more courage than he anticipated. This woman just single-handedly flattened a handful of crooks, why would she need help from anyone? Nightrival silently chides himself for his impetuousness. He tosses the swing line into the air and the hook catches onto the skylight.

"I know we just met an' all, but it's not everyday a guy like me meets a hero like you. If ya think I'm being too pushy or weird or whatever, I'd unnerstand if yer not interested."

The pair are interrupted momentarily by a younger police officer who walks up to the them - he's a lean guy with dark hair. He stands on the floor, looking up onto the stage, "Hey, I'm really sorry about the boss back there - he's got issues with supers. You just gotta ignore him. From what I heard, you guys really aced this one. Saved a lot of people their valuables, more even. Anyways, I just wanted to say, great work." He ends up a little gushy before walking back and joining the rest of the 'boys in blue'.

The press begins to move away, only under duress, snapping pictures as they could. A 'clean up crew' pushes their way to the front of the crowd with the bracers they use to handle supervillains and the like. They start rounding up Tricorder - Goop was almost out of his while costume when they got to him.

Velocity was about to respond to Nightrival, when a young police officer came over and congratulated them on a job well done. The teen speedster gave him a warm smile as she replied, "Thanks."

After he had returned to where the other police were, she focused back on Nightrival. "Well, like I told the reporters, I am always up for working with other heroes, and sharing information on stuff is always nice." Reaching into a pouch at her belt, she pulled out a small business card. "This has the number for the phone number I give out to the police and the like. Probably one of the best ways to reach me."