Technical Difficulties (OOC)

quotemyname

Both of Blue's complications just kicked in. Her cloaking device won't be working for the rest of the thread. +1 HP. Her Agoraphobia will leave her stunned in the first round of combat. +1 HP.

Feel free to assume that Fenris is nearby / watching / whatever. Enough so that he is able to do whatever you want during the first round without having to waste actions on "arriving", etc.

Roll initiative!

Blue: Initiative (1d20+5=6) Wow. Fail.

Mystic Thief Initiative (1d20+1=10) (PL 8 downgrade from Mystic in Instant Superheroes)

Initiative: Gargoyle 1; Gargoyle 2 (1d20+3=8, 1d20+3=23) (PL 8 downgrade from Demon in I.S.)

Just for the simplicity of listing them in the initiative, I'm going to switch their numbers so Gargoyle 1 actually goes first.

Initiative & Status: Round 1

Gargoyle 1 -- 23 -- Unharmed

Fenris -- 18 -- Unharmed; HPx1

Mystic -- 10 -- Unharmed

Gargoyle 2 -- 8 -- Unharmed

Blueshift -- 6 -- Unharmed, Stunned; HPx4

Apparently they are fiendish Gargoyles. They have hellfire control. I'm going to just do a little ad hoc point shuffling to make them fit a little more thematically like Gargoyles. Lets go with strike for now instead.

Blueshift is currently stunned (FF and -2 DEF = DEF 10) Should be hard for the Gargoyle to Hit! (1d20+8=24) That's a DC 23 TOU save from neon girl.

And she only has +4 when flat footed, oh no! FF TOU vs 23 (1d20+4=22) She takes a bruised! Miraculously!

That'll put Fenris up after my IC description.

Wow. Nice!

He'll need a good roll... (1d20+8=18) And that's not it! That'll leave him staggered and stunned. KB would be rank 9, and since I don't feel like doing math, he'll hit the.... building across the street! Yea! (Man that thing is taking a pounding). He'll have to make another save when he hits the wall. DC 24 this time. TOU (1d20+8=24) He passes that one well enough.

Up next is the mystic.

He'll blast the newcomer (and currently bigger threat) Fenris. Blast DC 25 (1d20+6=24) That's likely good for a hit. After that, he'll turn insubstantial.

While the Sorcerer deals with the new hero, the second gargoyle is going to take a swipe at Blueshift as well. TOU DC 23 on hit. (1d20+8=21) which hits.

Blueshift will try to save, she's currently at a -1 and is using her FF TOU. Her total is +3: TOU DC 23 (1d20+3=23) NO SOUP FOR YOU!

That brings up Blueshift. She does nothing but clear the Stun on her turn. Gargoyle1 gets to go, but he's still stunned and in the wall. Fenris, you're up again, assuming you pass that save! (Gargoyle1 clears his stun at the start of your turn).

Gargoyle 1 -- 23 -- Staggered

Mystic -- 10 -- Unharmed

Blueshift -- 6 -- Bruisedx1; HPx4

That hits so easily it's not funny. But as for the save...

Toughness: 20. Hm. I think I'll reroll; at minimum, I'll take no more than a bruise.

27. Or, I'll totally ace it. :D

Incidentally, I'm invoking the Magic? Really? Complication; he's automatically distrustful of this guy, and may end up behaving more recklessly when all is said and done because magic's getting tossed around. Up to you if it counts, though.

Anyways, my turn! 8-)

Hm. Think I'll stick with Blast. Going against Gargoyle 1 again.

Attack: 20. Not incredible, but not bad, especially with him all disoriented and stuff.

DC 23 Toughness Save.

TOU DC 23 (1d20+8=28) Yea, he doesn't want to take that a second time. ;)

I'm going to say no to the complication this time, and here's why: It doesn't really set you back at all. This situation kind of calls for you to already be distrustful/hostile to the sorcerer. A complication that re-iterates that isn't really worth a hero point here. It's perhaps providing more flavor, which is fine, but it's not changing the situation at all. If his lies and deceit had been in any way actually believable, and the complication caused you to outright disbelieve him, just cause that would be another thing.

The Mystic is up.

Free Action: Switch from Insubstantial to Flight

Move Action: Fly awaaaaaaaay!

Standard Action: Grapple Gargoyle1 with Telekinesis and throw him at Fenris.

As a friendly and a minion, I'm going to rule that the Gargoyle willingly goes along with this plan and that he chooses to fail the grapple checks and such. The Mystic still needs to roll an attack, however: I choose you, Gargoyle! (1d20+8=15) As luck would have it, that hits Fenris' defense exactly. That's another DC 23 TOU save. The Gargoyle has to make the same: TOU DC 23 (1d20+8=19) he fails by 4 leaving him with a Bruise, but putting him back in the fight.

Gargoyle2's turn.

He'll again try to attack Blueshift. He'll have a harder time now that she's actually paying attention, though. We're getting into the thick of things now. It's time for them to start actually using trade-off feats :o

All out Attack 5/ Power Attack 5; DC28 TOU on hit. (1d20+8=9) Yea, that's totally a wash.

Blueshift is next, but that will be a separate post.

Blueshift:

Move: Get behind Gargoyle1

Surge: Move Action: Acrobatics to setup Gargoyle1 for Fenris: DC 25 with Skill Mastery.

Standard: Defensive Attack 5 (1d20+5=18) Which hits! But just!

Gargoyle1's saves:

Sense Motive DC25 (1d20+10=17) Fails: Flat Footed v. Fenris' next attack

TOU DC 25 (1d20+7=26) Told you it wouldn't work :P

Gargoyle 1 -- 23 -- Staggered, Bruised; FF v Fenris

Fenris -- 18 -- Unharmed; HPx0

Mystic -- 10 -- Unharmed

Blueshift -- 6 -- Bruisedx1; HPx2; DEF 27

The Gargoyle is going to ignore the obvious threat of Fenris in front of him, and try to attack the really annoying glowy girl behind him. It barely manages to free up its wings, turn, and swipe.

All out Attack 5 (1d20+13=27) Wow. Another hit. On the dot. What's with you IC?

Blue's Toughness: TOU DC 23 (1d20+7=9) That'll call for a re-roll

HP Reroll: TOU DC 23 (1d20+7=15) 15+10=25 which passes.

EDIT: That makes it Fenris' turn.

Right. So I'm going to nix part of Blueshift's actions being as how I posted them before I saw the results of your save, which admittedly I should not have. I was just trying to speed things up. I'll edit the post in a minute.

She's going to take a standard action to reconfigure her Gadgets.

Gadgets 5pp

"Distance Defibrulator" Healing 1 (Extras: Ranged; PF: Accurate 2) [5pp]

She'll spend a Hero Point to surge and regain that standard then use a full round action to try and pop Fenris back to consciousness.

Fenris is Uncionscious and Prone at the edge of the roof. His Def is effectively a 12, I'll say. (10 for being unconscious, +2 for being prone v. ranged) Blue's attack with this power is a +8. I need a four. Distance Defibrulator (1d20+8=16) got it.

EDIT: I forgot that this power is Rank 1. As a ranged power, it's range increment is 10 feet. Therefore hitting something 50 feet away is at a -4. Miraculously, she still passes!

EDIT2: Take a Hero Point because you got KO'ed

I need a Healing check from you, Fenris. It uses your next full round action up.

Retconned Initiative and Status:

Gargoyle 1 -- 23 -- Staggered, Bruised

Fenris -- 18 -- Unconscious; HPx1

Mystic -- 10 -- Unharmed

Blueshift -- 6 -- Bruisedx1; HPx2

The Gargoyle is going to ignore the obvious threat of Fenris in front of him, and try to attack the really annoying glowy girl behind him. It barely manages to free up its wings, turn, and swipe.

All out Attack 5 (1d20+13=27) Wow. Another hit. On the dot. What's with you IC?

Blue's Toughness: TOU DC 23 (1d20+7=9) That'll call for a re-roll

HP Reroll: TOU DC 23 (1d20+7=15) 15+10=25 which passes.

EDIT: That makes it Fenris' turn.

In the interests of fairness, I will still be using these rolls. Blue is down to 1HP

That brings Fenris up again. Make that recovery check at a +1!

Magic dude turns his sights on blue.

He's got TK and a magic blast. TK grappling is lame and cheap especially when you're out numbered and the only one standing. So he's not going to do that. He tries blasting her. She's still at DEF 22. Blast DC 25 on hit. (1d20+6=8) Ha. Well, it's not a critical miss.....

And the other two Gargoyles don't have any other target. Swarm! Tradeoff attacks and special stuff happens!

Electric blast. DC 23 (1d20+8=23) Hits.

TOU DC 23 (1d20+7=25) Saves.

Blue's Turn (Next post).

Wait, I made a character with skill mastery? What a surprise! DC 25 Acrobatic Bluff. Sense motive and stuff. (1d20+10=19) Nope.

DC 25 defensive attacking for 5 and stuff (1d20+5=19) Against 18 DEF. That hits.

DC 25 TOU (1d20+8=21) Bruised! He's FF v anything Fenris does. Actually, strike that. I forgot his existing bruise. That stuns him. He's FF and -2 DEF v anything Fenris does. Though, considering the descriptors of this weak ass attack, no knock back (KB).

Gargoyle 1 -- 23 -- Staggered, Bruisedx2, Stunned

Mystic -- 10 -- Unharmed

Blueshift -- 6 -- Bruisedx1; HPx2

Fenris. Go.

He's FF and Stunned. That definitely hits. DC 23 TOU (1d20+6=26) What? Seriously? Were it I could roll this well for MY characters!

That makes it the Mystic's turn. Blueshift has proven to be quite resourceful, so he'll be attacking her this time. She defensive Attacked, so her current DEF is +17, or 27. Meaning he can only hit on a crit.

DC 25 TOU on hit. (1d20+6=16) Miss. Yay.

Gargoyle2 also rushes her. Or looks like he does. He'll try and throw her off with a Bluff since she's proving too hard to hit in a fair fight. Bluff for Feint (1d20+11=24) That uses up his Standard, and he gets a respectable roll which blue now has to resist with Will, Sense Motive, or Bluff herself. Sense Motive is her best bet, though Skill Mastery won't do it for her. She needs to roll: Sense Motive DC 24 (1d20+10=11) She fails. She'll be FF vs. his next attack.

He'll Surge to take advantage of that. She get's an HP.

Attack: AoA 5/ PA 5 vs DEF 12 (1d20+8=18) Hits.

Save: FF TOU -1 for Bruise. DC 28 (1d20+3=11) That calls for a re-roll.

HP Re-Roll: HP re-roll DC 28 (1d20+3=12) Wow, +10 makes that a 22. She fails by 6. Bruised and Stunned. I'm okay with this. HP's again to clear the Stun. That puts her at 1 HP. Gargoyle2 will be Fatigued at the start of his next turn.

(I'm doing this all now, but I'll likely break it up into separate posts for coherency sake).

Blueshift's turn. She's going to Acrobatic Bluff Gargoyle1 again for Fenris. He has to pass DC 25 DC 25 Sense Motive (1d20+10=16) Though I forgot the +1 for it being the second time she's done this, he still fails. She'll need to put some distance between her and the fight. She knows she's not capable of the whole toe to toe thing. She uses her move action to skip to a nearby rooftop, gathering up that huge blaster on her way.

Gargoyle1 gets to go, he'll charge Fenris. The guy keeps blasting him! He moves and surges to get the attack off. Fenris get's an HP. He'll be fatigued at the start of his next turn.

AoA 5 PA 5 (1d20+8=26) That'll hit. DC 28 TOU when you get the chance.

That leaves things looking like this:

Gargoyle 1 -- 23 -- Staggered, Bruisedx2, FF v Fenris

Fenris -- 18 -- Unharmed; HPx2

Mystic -- 10 -- Unharmed

Blueshift -- 6 -- Bruisedx2; HPx1

Save first, then. DC 28. Youch.

15? Yeah, no. Gonna use a Hero Point and reroll.

Ha! 31! Eat that, Gargoyle 1!

I think I'll switch to my Close Combat package. Also, using All-Out Attack for +2 Att / -2 Def, and Power Attack for +2 Dam / -2 Att. So attack bonus stays put, Defense goes down 2, and Damage goes up 2.

Booyah, 27. That'll be a DC 25 Toughness Save from Mr. Gargoyle 1.

TOU DC 25 (1d20+6=16) Fails by 9. Bruised and Stunned.

That was a Rank 10 attack. His current KB was -3. He suffers Rank 7 Knockback. He'll be thrown back into that building. Again.

TOU DC 22 for building impact (1d20+5=11) He fails THAT save by 11. That staggers him again. Which means he's completely out now. The building itself also fails. This is it's third failed roll, damaging it enough for the gargoyle to go through it (I'm doing all kinds of ad hoc rounding with the building toughness here ;) ). The wall caves in, and he's laying on the floor inside on the second floor of the building. It looks to be a small office of some kind with cubicles. Ultimately, not very important, though.

Gargoyle 1 -- 23 -- Unconscious, Staggered, Bruisedx2, Stunned

Mystic -- 10 -- Unharmed

Blueshift -- 6 -- Bruisedx2; HPx1

All of a sudden, Fenris is causing damage again! That can't be allowed. He's got the Mystic's attention again. Mystic touches down on the ground, fires a blast, and turns insubstantial again.

Blast DC 23 TOU (1d20+8=26) That easily hits given the all out attack taken by Fenris.

The Gargoyle, on the other hand gives chase to Blueshift, seeing her having retreated. He flies over to her spot on the adjacent building, and takes a swipe at her.

AoA5 PA5 DC 28 v DEF 22 (1d20+8=10) Misses horribly.

For her part, Blueshift is going to spend the entire round by spending her last hero point to "change the situation in her favor" She pinpoints the flaw in the cannon, and begins fixing it up. It'll be ready next round.

That leaves it at Fenris again.

Mystic -- 10 -- Unharmed, Inusbstantial

Blueshift -- 6 -- Bruisedx2; HPx0

Sorry it took me so long to respond. I've been really busy.

TOU DC 23 (1d20+8=28) Ridiculous probability says NO!

What is with the rolls in this thread? They're either really high, or really low!

Mystic will phase back in and take a shot at Fenris for turning his back.

DC 23 TOU (1d20+8=16) Just barely hits.

Gargoyle 2 will ignore Fenris, and continue his assault on the female inventor.

AoA 5, PA 5; DC 28 on hit. (1d20+8=14) Phew. Nope.

Blue fixes up the invention and aims it at the gargoyle.

Disintegration beam; DC 20 Fort then DC 25 TOU (1d20+4=6) that'll miss.

Almost nothing done this round. Here's the new status.

Mystic -- 10 -- Unharmed, Inusbstantial

Blueshift -- 6 -- Bruisedx2; HPx0

If Fenris survives the hit, it's his turn again.