Hands and Feet (IC)

"It's the right thing to do. What more needs to be said? Anyways, keep your ear open for my call in a couple hours. And thank you for the hospitality. Though, as for the bees...I might swing by once. Maybe."

He shudders slightly again, then braces himself for the trip.

"Okay, I'm ready for the jump. Maybe this time I won't taste lemon."

He gives Stesha a teasing wink at that comment.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"It's different for everyone," Stesha told him with an amused shrug. "In the summer, people were saying it smelled like mown grass. Lately it's been pine needles. I'm usually too busy navigating to pay very much attention. Lemons is a new one, though." With that, she teleported them both, and there was indeed the definite tang of pine needles accompanying the green light and motion of the transfer. They came out where she'd picked him up, like usual with these little jaunts. "Take care of yourself," Stesha encouraged him, patting his arm once. "You deserve to get some rest."

Carson blinked as they rushed through the green tunnel for a moment, before shaking his head and smiling a bit.

"Definitely catching the pine. Bit of peppermint in the background."

He dashes over to set the muffins he brought on his counter, walking back over. After a moment's thought, he gave her a quick side-by-side hug.

"You don't need to overwork yourself, either. Don't worry about those supplies. You'll get them; only think you'll need to do is transport them to the refugees. Take care, Stesha."

Stesha hugged him back, giving him one more pat on the arm as she stepped away to leave. "That'll be just perfect. Once I've got the supplies all sorted out, I think I'm going to kick back myself and have a little rest. This is the perfect time of year to lay in a sunny window for awhile and have a nap. I'll check my voicemails on the hour, so if you call and I don't pick up, you can expect to hear from me soon. I'll talk to you soon!" With a wave and a smile, Stesha disappeared, only the faint scent of flowers left behind.

Carson returned both wave and smile.

"Rest well!"

When she had gone, a more serious expression crossed his face. He turned, picking up his apartment's land-line phone, quickly dialing a particular number.

"Shouldn't take too long...Ah, yes, this is Carson Keefe. Yes, that Carson. Could I speak with James? Excellent, yes, I'll hold."

It was just about 3 hours later when Stesha got the call (or at least the voicemail) that the children's shoes were ready for pickup.

Over the next couple of weeks, the trend continued, as more and more of the needed clothing, vitamins, and other supplies flowed in. It seemed Carson knew someone willing to give away just about anything, if you asked correctly. Which he always managed, of course.