New Grounds (IC)

Aoiroo

"There's a kind of complicated legal process that involves the use of magic, and in short, I am legally an adult, and my practice is legal. There's some kind of clause and...I don't know. It's difficult to explain. But I guess my official title would be Paranormal Investigator, although I'm authorized to use non-lethal magical force if necessary. It's a difficult job sometimes, but not so much if you've got the right tools." Blake patted his mojo bag, which contained his magical weapons.

She glanced down at the bag than Blake himself,

"I have to say, that sounds fishy as all heck. But you could probably count out everything I know about the supernatural on one hand. Anyway, you seem a bit itchy to show me the bag of tricks, isn't it a bit dangerous to show you're cards to every stranger you happen to spill a drink on. You're sort of missing the whole mysterious none trusting angle mystics tend to carry."

"I could care less who knew what I had. I really don't bother keeping secret identities anymore. My girlfriend is a superhero, too, and she's more than capable of taking on anyone who's trying to get to me. Hell, my answering machine even has my real name on it. I just go by Warlock because I like the idea of still being a superhero, even if I don't have a mask or a cape. It's so romantic, and I don't mean that in a Fabio sense, of course. Since I lost my Cthulhu powers, I've yearned for the life of a hero again. Through my studies, I can live the life once more." Blake smiled at her. "And, to be fair- I do love to show off my gadgets."

"Should you really be hinting that about you're girlfriend, unless of course her idenity isn't secret either."

Letting out a shrug,

"Anyway, it's only really romantic if you look at the aspect that you're helping people. Not nearly as much as you think of the fact that you're risking your life, working long hours doing patrols, making enemies who usually have a very twisted version of morals used as a sick justifications for there actions. It's a rather sucky job in context, but at least you're getting paid for it."

Sitting down she looked at the bag,

"So, let's see what little magic gadgets you have."

Blake smiled like a madman. "Thought you'd never ask. Let's head outside for a brief demonstration." He led her outside the building, and pulled out a small bag. He whipped out a silver rod about a foot long, and pointed it at a garbage can. "My thunderwand! Behold!" he said, gesturing dramatically. A bolt of lightning raced from the tip of the wand, and struck the trashcan with a bang. The papers inside started to smolder, and there was a small fire within moments. "Ah, crap!" Blake said, trying to stamp out the fire.

While the effect was nice, the fire was not. Carrie sighed, stood up walked past him and dumped her cocoa onto it to extinguish it before looking over at Blake,

"Maybe you should hold off the demonstration until you're in a more controlled testing envirement."

Walking over to her chair she picked up her bag and her book before glancing behind the counter,

"Plus, regardless of who's responsible, I doubt we'll be allowed back if whoever owns this place figures out you invited the firebreather in here. I believe do believe they reserve the right to deny service to the demonically possessed."

She looked at the Blackberry for a few seconds,

"Okay, whatever it is you did, you want to leave now? I know you don't mind being public, but I prefer to keep a low profile."

The less people saw of her associating with heroes the better. Given, she was probably as invisible next to them as she was when someone looked at her on the edge. After all, next to heroes who seem larger than life, the average brunette with some freckles fades into the background.

She snorted as she looked at him,

"Who do I look like, Jimmy Lucas? If you need someone to fight with you, call up you're girlfriend, or the Freedom League."

Heading over to her door she glanced out to see her bus coming,

"If you need me for art projects, computer set up, or errands just name a good price or offer to feed me and I'll be right over. Otherwise, call me up for cocoa sometimes, though it'll almost entirely be on you."

"Fair enough! Peace out, my coffee-loving friend." Blake clicked his heels together twice, and vanished from sight.

He arrived back at the coffee shop, and grabbed his bike. The owner saw him, and shouted, telling the police that that was him! Blake was already gone by the time the police turned around.