Umbra WIP

Casey

What is the Mind Shield extra listed in Force Field? If you're linking it to the Mind Shield power, last I checked that's 2 PP/rank, not 1. Why is her Force Field Selective? I can't think of any benefit to that.

What exactly is Transmit? I'm not familiar with that power. Is it Teleport?

Again, Dazzle (Visual) is 2 PP/rank, not 1. If you're going to link it to your Damage, you need to pay the whole price.

Can't do the math ATM as I don't have my books on me, but Drain on an AoE strikes me as overpowered. Also, she doesn't hit combat caps, which is going to be a big problem in fiths.

What is the Mind Shield extra listed in Force Field? If you're linking it to the Mind Shield power, last I checked that's 2 PP/rank, not 1. Why is her Force Field Selective? I can't think of any benefit to that.

According to Ultimate Power, Mind Shield is 1pp/rank.

Selective allows Umbra to allow certain things through her protections while still keeping them up. For example, if she wanted to communicate telepathically with an ally or touch someone.

What exactly is Transmit? I'm not familiar with that power. Is it Teleport?

Yes, it is like teleport that requires a medium.

Again, Dazzle (Visual) is 2 PP/rank, not 1. If you're going to link it to your Damage, you need to pay the whole price.

Yes, I just realized that. I'll have to see what can be done about it. May have to just drop it.

Can't do the math ATM as I don't have my books on me, but Drain on an AoE strikes me as overpowered. Also, she doesn't hit combat caps, which is going to be a big problem in fiths.

Well, I'm not too worried about it considering I'll probably be making her into an NPC.

I certainly hope that people can deal with characters who aren't maxed to the gills.

I certainly hope that people can deal with characters who aren't maxed to the gills.

Not only is that unnecessarily derogatory, it's also WRONG, considering the game system, and especially considering you're considering submitting her as an NPC. PL is descriptive for NPCs. If you make something with 105pp, but it hits PL6 caps, it's a PL6 with 105pp, not an undercapped PL7.

For a PC, it's a whole other ballgame. We recommend at least meeting caps up until PL10. After that, it's not as necessary, because most of the canon NPCs are designed assuming a PL10 superteam is facing them. But underneath PL11+, I'd advise hitting caps simply so your superheroes can perform the superheroic task of fighting people.