Poker Face (IC)

"Well, I reckon there ain't no sense in playin' if'n y'all don't wanna." Colt looked down at his cards. He supposed they were good enough. Ace and Jack of Hearts. Colt Called Carrie's bet and the two flipped their cards over since there was no more betting to be done. "We sure had'a good run. Ain't no matter what happens." Colt reached out to shake Carrie's hand as the flop hit the table.

Four of Clubs, Ten of Diamonds, and Seven of Spades.

Grabbing his hand quietly she gave it a squeeze and a shake before flipping her double aces.

"It was good playing with you Mr. Colt."

The turn came around and the dealer flipped around a two of spades. It didn't look like much of a hand for either of them was going to come out of this. She started looking over her shoulder to see if her father was around, there was no use her staying much longer after this and it was probably getting late.

• 2 weeks later...

She gave him a shrug,

"Yeah, though I probably won't do nearly as well, not that I'm here all that often anyway."

Reaching into her purse she saw she had missed a call from her father and promply texted him back that she was almost ready to leave. She would only hang around until she was able to get the prize check, even still she might as well chat up with the person who probably would of beaten her if not for that lucky hand.

"I'm guessing I might see you once or twice more on this scene."

"Well, sure thing." Colt replied. "I'm here 'bout's offin's I c'n be. If'n work don't git'n th'way, that is." Colt watched as the dealer collected the chips and made a final count. If that had been real money, it would have been a hefty sum. Then again, if that had been real money, Colt would have won it.