[April 2010 Vignette] Trading Faces

Trading Faces

April 1st, 2010 6:55 am The Interceptors' Brownstone

Vince came down for breakfast in a navy blue blazer, still toweling off his impressive coiffure from the shower as he flashed Colt an incandescent grin.

"Hey there buddy, good morning!" He grabbed a mug out of the cupboard and poured himself a cup of joe, which he took black with two sugars. After his first sip, he closed his eyes, took a deep breath and sighed with deep satisfaction.

"Mmm, that is just as tasty as it looks! I've always wanted to try coffee! Hey, do we still have any of those Eggo waffles? Those just look so darn good. Did the paper come yet?" Slurping his java loudly, the formerly noncorporeal AI sauntered into the hall, whistling a jaunty tune.

Yep, it was going to be one of those days... :roll:

At that very instant, GRIM appeared on all the monitors in the Brownstone as well as underground, a maniacal grin on her pretty little face.

"There is nothing wrong with your television set! Do not attempt to adjust the picture! I am controlling transmission. If I wish to make it louder, I will blast your freakin' eardrums! If I wish to make it softer, I will turn it so low...well, if I already made you deaf, I guess it doesn't really matter, but you get the general idea. And if I want to give little kids seizures, I will do so! Mwah-ha-ha-ha!"

Okay, this was getting even weirder... :?

From 7am until a little after ten, it appeared that somehow, impossibly, the AI and the shapeshifter had swapped places; when asked how this was possible, the now digital GRIM merely shrugged as she peered around inside the flatscreen.

"I dunno, it's some new thing that Doc's been working on, I guess; me and Vince thought it would be fun to try it out." Then the Jersey girl leaned closer to the glass to whisper out the corner of her mouth. "Plus the guy was going on and on about all the food he was gonna eat, maybe take in a show..." She shook her head and rolled her eyes. "Computers; what are gonna do? Hey, do you want me to do the weather report?" She spun around and was suddenly wearing some fancy boating clothes, with a windbreaker carelessly tossed over one shoulder, sunglasses perched on her head and an over-the-top smile plastered on her face.

"Today is going to be sunny and warmer, with a high in the low 70s..." :D

For his part, Vince seemed content to loaf around the house, slurping his coffee and gobbling down toaster waffles as he read the sports page. "I can't believe they're trading Thompson; he's the whole darn team! Mmm-mmm I love you, Mrs. Butterworth! And this OJ is darn tasty, too!"

Thankfully, reality returned in a few short hours, with Grim wandering into the kitchen to make herself a sickly sweet cup of coffee and hopping up onto a stool with a sigh.

"Well that was weird; never again, though!"

VINCE popped up on a nearby monitor, dabbing at the corners of his mouth with a napkin. "I'd have to agree with you there, Grim, but hey, those waffles were worth it!"

Neither shapeshifter nor AI ever copped to the prank, and swore up and down it really happened.

Spooky… :shock: