Sun and Flowers

"I had a shower this morning," Stesha said, her voice half-muffled by the towel she had her face against. "I don't really need anything to drink today. But it might be nice to cool off later." The sun was already turning her hair from the springy green of new leaves to the deep green of a forest canopy . "I like to sit in the sun, watch movies, go out with my friends when I have time. And, y'know, garden. Obviously."

She kept her eyes closed while she talked, which made her feel a little silly, but not silly enough to stop. "Weird thing with friends is, it goes in phases. Most of them are paired off right now, so it's more awkward to tag along. But then some people will get dumped or break up, and we'll all get together again, I hope. What do you do, besides fighting crime?"

"Besides fighting crime, eh," Moira questioned Stesha, completely oblivious to her guest's embarrassment, "Well, I own a pub in the West End named Morley's. It's been in the family for generations. I don't run it, though I am a frequent visitor there. I sorta grew up with almost everyone who goes there."

She smiled, watching her friend's hair turn all sorts of green. It seemed like her face was getting a lot of sun also, with it being red. She wished she would remove some of her clothes though. Tan lines are embarrassing.

"Besides that," Moira purred as she yawned, "I'm what some would call a hedonist. Living for all that is pleasurable. Some people think that means I have sex a lot, but no, it's more than that. Basking in the sun is pleasurable, right? So yeah. That said, I'm an extremely social person. I love people, lots of people. As long as everyone's happy and pleased."

Stesha snorted with laughter, nearly inhaling a faceful of sand. "Yes, I suppose I could see that in you," she replied drolly. "I keep meaning to get out to your pub, but I keep being so busy. Aside from He Who Will Not Be Named, I haven't even been on a date since I moved in here, and that's been, god, close to half a year. Between the hero work and being in a new place, there's just no time or opportunity. Is your bar the sort with a lot of guys who hit on single women?" She asked it half-hopefully.

"Not been on a date since you've been here," Moira asked suprised, "Surely you jest. Someone cute as yourself? No." She thought about it for a second, "I feel bad for the incident a few nights ago. So, I'll tell you what I'll do. I'll set you up on a date with someone. Though there are a few nice guys at Morley's I have someone perfect for you." She sighed, "He's such a gentleman too. He'd be perfect for you."

Stesha gave Moira an exceedingly skeptical look, skeptical enough to have her even opening her eyes. "Not to put too fine a point on it, but the last time you set me up with a guy, the last thing I remember is being wrapped around a cedar tree on his front lawn. And I think I was singing. I'm not sure I'm brave enough to walk that road again."

She laughed as she remembered the 'singing' Stesha did. "Don't worry, this will be different. No family recipe for you to get vocal with. In fact, this will be a formal affair. Custom tailored attire. Dinner and dancing at The Starlight Room. I'm going to go all out for you and him. You won't even know I'm there."

"I dunno..." Stesha said, still sounding very dubious. She'd wanted to see the Starlight Room, which was both exclusive and expensive, but she still wasn't sure this was a good idea. Who knew what kind of guy Moira might try to set her up with? It was better just to say no right away, get all this nonsense out of her head. But it had been almost half a year since she'd had a date that had gone well...

She sighed. "What's his name?"