Training in progress. Do not Disturb.

Barnum

"As for my patrols.. the day after next was what I had in mind, we could indeed make a full day of it if you prefer."

"I'll have to ask Sister Agatha if it's okay. I usually do schoolwork until lunch, so maybe a half-day? I'll have to call you. Do you have a phone number...or something?

"I have this sort of.. luncheon.. thing, I think on the morrow by contrast, and then several reports to write and proposals to read. And various other activities that fall under the umbrella of my duties."

Agnes smiled knowingly. It sounded like her mornings of being tutored by nuns. "Sounds awful." Agnes didn't really think that school was awful, but the more she stretched her wings (literally and figuratively), the harder she found it to sit still and get her work done.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"As for my patrols.. the day after next was what I had in mind, we could indeed make a full day of it if you prefer."

"I'll have to ask Sister Agatha if it's okay. I usually do schoolwork until lunch, so maybe a half-day? I'll have to call you. Do you have a phone number...or something?

"I have this sort of.. luncheon.. thing, I think on the morrow by contrast, and then several reports to write and proposals to read. And various other activities that fall under the umbrella of my duties."

Agnes smiled knowingly. It sounded like her mornings of being tutored by nuns. "Sounds awful." Agnes didn't really think that school was awful, but the more she stretched her wings (literally and figuratively), the harder she found it to sit still and get her work done.

He looked thoughtful.

"Perhaps the afternoon and early evening then? Oh, and yes, there is a telephone line to the embassy, and I have taken to carrying around a cellular phone"

He provides the numbers for both.

"And my duties are not /horrible/.. some are.. well some are less desirable than others, but in many ways having them reminds me of the trust my people have in me, and the goals I work towards in my role as ambassador. Not that I would somehow complain if I had more time in the day just to enjoy the simple pleasure of flight, mind you.."

He looked thoughtful.

"Perhaps the afternoon and early evening then? Oh, and yes, there is a telephone line to the embassy, and I have taken to carrying around a cellular phone"

"And my duties are not /horrible/.. some are.. well some are less desirable than others, but in many ways having them reminds me of the trust my people have in me, and the goals I work towards in my role as ambassador. Not that I would somehow complain if I had more time in the day just to enjoy the simple pleasure of flight, mind you.."

He looked thoughtful.

Agnes put down her ice pack and took the numbers.

"I'll call you tomorrow," she said. "Afternoon sounds great."

Agnes loved flying at night the most, but she rarely got the chance. Too many other duties to perform.

Not that I would somehow complain if I had more time in the day just to enjoy the simple pleasure of flight, mind you.."

Agnes practically beamed. "Flying is sooooooo great. I just...I just love it."

Agnes loved flying at night the most, but she rarely got the chance. Too many other duties to perform.

Not that I would somehow complain if I had more time in the day just to enjoy the simple pleasure of flight, mind you.."

"Oh.. flying is wonderful. The feel of being amidst the sky, the air about you.. the sense of freedom, possiblity, to move with the clouds.. or to feel as if the cool, quiet blanket of evening is as an ocean to swim through.. or to herald the dawn as it overtakes in purples and oranges and golds.."

He smiles all happily with her.

"Oh.. flying is wonderful. The feel of being amidst the sky, the air about you.. the sense of freedom, possiblity, to move with the clouds.. or to feel as if the cool, quiet blanket of evening is as an ocean to swim through.. or to herald the dawn as it overtakes in purples and oranges and golds.."

"I KNOW!" Agnes' eyes lit up and she became hyper-animated. "I got up really early one morning. I skipped my entire morning routine so I could be out before sunrise. I flew down to the bay, and then just as the sun started to rise--even before it rose--just when I could see a tiny sliver red on the horizon, I flew straight up as fast as I could. I went way up above the clouds over downtown, but I could still see the ocean clearly. I flew up, and kept flying up, until ice started to form on my lips. I felt so light up there. I don't think I was in outer space, but I felt lighter, you know, like gravity wasn't even bothering! And then when the sun rose, because I was so high up, in just minutes it went from red to orange to yellow, to brilliant white. The atmosphere was so thin, it was like I was looking right at the sun. It was so beautiful and so pure. And then I just fell back like I was in my bed and fell and fell and fell, and just before I hit the clouds I started flying again. When I finally broke through the clouds, the city was all sparkly from the sun. It was so beautiful."

Agnes stopped. She realized that she have been going on and on and talking louder and louder.

"Anyway...I like flying," she said more quietly. She put the ice pack back on her face to cover her blushing cheeks from the Emissary.

"I KNOW!" Agnes' eyes lit up and she became hyper-animated. "I got up really early one morning. I skipped my entire morning routine so I could be out before sunrise. I flew down to the bay, and then just as the sun started to rise--even before it rose--just when I could see a tiny sliver red on the horizon, I flew straight up as fast as I could. I went way up above the clouds over downtown, but I could still see the ocean clearly. I flew up, and kept flying up, until ice started to form on my lips. I felt so light up there. I don't think I was in outer space, but I felt lighter, you know, like gravity wasn't even bothering! And then when the sun rose, because I was so high up, in just minutes it went from red to orange to yellow, to brilliant white. The atmosphere was so thin, it was like I was looking right at the sun. It was so beautiful and so pure. And then I just fell back like I was in my bed and fell and fell and fell, and just before I hit the clouds I started flying again. When I finally broke through the clouds, the city was all sparkly from the sun. It was so beautiful."

Agnes stopped. She realized that she have been going on and on and talking louder and louder.

"Anyway...I like flying," she said more quietly. She put the ice pack back on her face to cover her blushing cheeks from the Emissary.

He blinked.

"Why did you stop? That was a wonderful description! I could have entirely become lost in it. You should consider writing such things down."

He nods firmly.

Then he notices her blush, and blinks again.

"I just... like when people are enthusiastic, is all."

He pauses for a moment, then reaches over to very, very gently lower the icepack.

"I also do not mind when people blush. I'm actually a little jealous. I mean, I can't. Well, I can feel what it's like when a blush should be showing up, as I understand it, the tingling and the warmth and the need to sort of look away and hide and I find that in describing it I am in fact feeling such right now!"

He pauses again.

"But, ahm, still, blushing, nowhere near as good as flying, but still, do you think I am missing out a little in that people can't tell? I wonder if I should generally let them know when I am, it seems like I am otherwise not getting a key part of the experience."

He blinked.

"Why did you stop? That was a wonderful description! I could have entirely become lost in it. You should consider writing such things down."

He nods firmly.

He pauses for a moment, then reaches over to very, very gently lower the icepack.

"I also do not mind when people blush. I'm actually a little jealous. I mean, I can't. Well, I can feel what it's like when a blush should be showing up, as I understand it, the tingling and the warmth and the need to sort of look away and hide and I find that in describing it I am in fact feeling such right now!"

He pauses again.

"But, ahm, still, blushing, nowhere near as good as flying, but still, do you think I am missing out a little in that people can't tell? I wonder if I should generally let them know when I am, it seems like I am otherwise not getting a key part of the experience."

He blinked.

He nods firmly.

He pauses again.

"Oh I keep..." Agnes stopped. What was she going to say? "I keep a diary" That sounded so juvenile. "I write some," she said.

"I wouldn't do that," she said making a funny face. "You'd sound like one of those ridiculous southern accents from old movies." Agnes put on her best Scarlett O'hara voice..."Oh look at me, I'm practically blushing! Dear me!"...and began fanning herself with her hand.

"Oh I keep..." Agnes stopped. What was she going to say? "I keep a diary" That sounded so juvenile. "I write some," she said.

"I wouldn't do that," she said making a funny face. "You'd sound like one of those ridiculous southern accents from old movies." Agnes put on her best Scarlett O'hara voice..."Oh look at me, I'm practically blushing! Dear me!"...and began fanning herself with her hand.

"That's fantastic. You should keep such things collected as a basis to work from should you ever decide to have something formally published."

He just laughed warmly at that.

"That's fantastic. You should keep such things collected as a basis to work from should you ever decide to have something formally published."

"Trust me, no one would want to read what I write." To be truthful, Agnes would be absolutely horrified at the thought of someone reading her diary. What she wrote in there was only for her and the Lord to know.

"What about you? Do you write anything other than reports?"

"Trust me, no one would want to read what I write." To be truthful, Agnes would be absolutely horrified at the thought of someone reading her diary. What she wrote in there was only for her and the Lord to know.

"What about you? Do you write anything other than reports?"