Sever News

Ryan sat down in front of the laptop and looked at the screen. He sat back and took a deep breath. He had some questions to answer for his new school.

1. Where are you from?

Right here in Freedom City. Probably. At least that's as far as I know.

2. How would you describe yourself?

Tall, good looking, strong. I work out, and I'm probably pretty good looking. At least, that's what I'm told.

3. Do you have distinguishing speech characteristics or recurring mannerisms?

I swear more than I probably should. I'm a Jersey kid, what can you expect?

4. What is your motivation?

Honestly? The world isn't fair, and we should probably try to make it more fair.

5. What are your greatest strengths and weaknesses?

Well, I'm no fool. I'm pretty strong, pretty smart, and much stronger and faster than I used to be thanks to the sword. Buut I am a teenager, and that means I've got a bit of a temper and poor impulse control.

6. What do you love? What do you hate?

I love a good song. Something pounding, fast and heavy, or something slow and smooth. Either or. What I hate are jerks and snobs. Ain't nobody better than nobody else in this world, not by default.

7. How would you describe your mental and emotional state?

I'm pretty stable for an orphan, but I have plenty of baggage. I have to admit. It bugs me that I ain't got parents, but maybe one day I'll learn.

8. What does you fear the most?

Not making it. Like, I spent my whole life at the orphanage, and I want to make it. I wanna be somebody. Whether that's a superhero or rock star, I want to be something more than some loser kid from an orphanage.

9. What is your greatest ambition?

The stage. Man. Me, a band, and a guitar in my hands. Rockin' out and playing hard and fast, making heads bang.

10. How do you feel about the state of the world and your place in it?

The world sucks. It just does. Like, here I am, some poor orphan from Jersey, with no life and no prospects. That's why I wanna be a musician. Find my way out of that.

11. Does you have any prejudices? How do get along with others?

It's real hard to judge people when you're at the bottom, you know? I try not to judge people, but snobs, man, snobs get to me. And I get along great with other people. I've got no friends, but people like me fine.

12. Where do your loyalties lie? In what order?

That's what I'm looking for, you know? People to be loyal to. Friends, maybe family, bandmates. People I can get along with and learn to trust and be trusted.

13. Do you have a lover or partner? 

Nope. Nobody wants the orphan boy in the shabby clothes. Plus I'm only 16, I got time for that.

14. Do you have a family? 

You know, growing up in an orphanage, you obsess over family. I got lots of people I've known over the years. Caretakers, staff at the orphanage, but nobody I've ever had the back of, and nobody who's ever really had my back, you know?

15. How would the people closest to you describe you?

Friendly, loud, nice. I don't have any 'friends' to speak of, but the people that like me like me well enough.

16. Are you a role model?

A couple of the younger kids at the orphanage liked me. They liked listening to me play guitar, but I wouldn't say I'm a role model.

17. How spiritual is your hero? Do you follow a religious tradition?

Not really, no. I mean, I was encouraged to read the Bible, and I've cracked it open a few times, but I'm not really a book kinda guy. I guess I believe in God? 

18. Are you part of a team, would you like to be? Why?

Having a band to watch my back would be pretty nice, but, no, I've got nobody yet.

19. How do you feel about the place of metahumans and aliens on Earth?

Superheroes protect us, right? I mean some of them are bad people, but some are good people. I never thought I'd be one of them until I got this sword.

20. If you could give one piece of advice to your hero, what would it be?

The kids you've just met are good ones, you can lean on them when you need to.