New Character Under Construction - Psionic Gadgeteer

I'm working on a new character, and could use some (a lot of) feedback. I want to make sure he fits in with the ongoing narrative and that his powers and such work like I think they will.

So, first, his signature power. He is a "psionic gadgeteer." His gadgets, though, are based on "psychic imprints" in common items rather than high technology. They seem something akin to magic items, but would have the (psionic) descriptor instead of (magic). He would have the Inventor feat, but since he would have no other gadgeteering-related skills, he's only going to be able to build these psionic devices.

One way he creates gadgets is by taking an old personal item that has been imprinted by its previous owner(s) from regular use. Such an item has potential that can be manipulated and focused into powers associated with the previous owner's personality, psychology or mental state when that owner was regularly using the item. These items are usually old ones as it takes a long time to build up a powerful enough imprint. An example of such an item is his Rolex watch. It was made in 1905 and owed by Harry Houdini. It gives powers associated with escape. 

The second kind of "gadget" simply uses quartz crystal, which acts as a blank slate and can take and hold a mental imprint. This imprint acts as a kind of circuitry which modifies psionic power that is channeled through it. It can translate "mental" into "physical" and produce effects like telekinesis, or it can otherwise enhance psionic powers. This "psi-crystal" technology is what I imagine the Moonstone in Farside is. It's not magical; it's technological. But if you just examine it with conventional devices, it seems nothing more than a big crystal.

Here is the power I designed so far:

Container 4 (Mental Forge; 20 PP available, Flaw: Distracting) [16 PP]

• Enhanced Intelligence 8  (Flaw: Sustained) [8 PP]
  • Enhanced Skill 12: Craft (Electronics) (Flaw: Only for Psionic Constructs, Flaw: Sustained) [2PP]
  • Enhanced Skill 12: Knowledge (Technology) (Flaw: Only for Psionic Constructs, Flaw: Sustained) [2PP]
  • Feature 1: Doesn't need tools for Craft (Electronics) when dealing with psionic constructs. [1 PP]
  • Quickness 8 (x 250 Speed, Flaw: Mental Only) [4 PP]
  • Super-Senses 3 (Detect Psychic Imprints, Acute, Analyze) [3 PP]

When he uses this power, he goes into a meditative state where he can perceive and manipulate psychic imprints and psionic constructions and has an innate understanding of how they work. This meditative state is a kind of dream state, like dreams in Inception -- time passes much more slowly, which is why he has the quickness. The Quickness and Intelligence boost can be used for other purposes than psionic construction, but would require he enter his mental forge to take advantage of them, and would be less unaware of his surroundings (Distracted).

He can examine an item he touches and read its psychic imprints. Those imprints could be from anyone who's handled the item frequently or in extreme emotional states. It can work like a limited form of Postcognition. If there are any imprints from regular use, he might get vague images and the sounds a person heard while holding the item, but not full-on visions. The ability might help solve crimes without giving an instant "I know what happened" that Postcognition would.

It would also let him analyze devices that use a "psi-crystal" style of technology. This character could, theoretically, be a key to understanding the Moonstone a little bit better.

So, my questions are: would this work the way I am thinking it would? Would this ability "fit" well in the overall story, or should it be tweaked a bit? Does it overly intrude on someone else's shtick? Did I get the math right?

Thanks, yeah, this build was getting cheesy. I just read the thing in the house rules about skills and feats being allowed in arrays, but would be watched carefully. Meaning to me: "how about not doing that..."

I'm trying hard not to get too cheesy with the new concept I'm working on, but, gotta admit, cheese is so tempting...

I'm making a magnetic control guy and I'm basing the power over the one in the Mistborn series. It can only push and pull, and action/reaction is in effect, so he has to brace himself by pushing / pulling against metal things in the opposite direction. Best way I can think of to do that in the rules is just make that part a complication.