Introduction

Who are you? Sum yourself up in one sentence.

Just a girl from The Fens with superpowers.

Do you have any nicknames, street names, titles, or nom de plume?
Not that I know of, outside of Shooting Star. Some of the crooks I’ve put down have said very colourful things but nothings stuck, y’know?

What is your full birth name?
Alice Armstrong

Where do you live?
In the Fens, with my parents.

How old are you? What year were you born (if applicable)?
2004, I’m sixteen.

Physical Traits

What is your gender? If not applicable, please explain.

I am a girl.

How would you describe your heritage?
Freedom City, just regular american.

How tall are you?
Five ten.

What is your body type?
Hourglass figure.

Do you have any particular weaknesses, such as allergies or physical disabilities?
Well I used to have a condition that caused my muscles to atrophy, but not anymore, ‘cause of my powers. Now I just need to watch how much I let my weight actually rest on the ground, and I am weak to divine powers.

How do you carry yourself? Are you graceful, or heavy on your feet? Can you be stealthy, do you walk with confidence?
Would it be too much to say graceful and confident? I will admit it’s a bit easier to do since I can fly, if I didn’t all I’d be able to say is that being heavy on my feet would be an understatement. Apparently I’m also real quiet when I walk for the same reason.

Describe your skin, eye, and hair color.
In order? White, blue and black.

How do you wear your hair, if applicable? Do you have facial hair?
I wear it loose, not much I can do with it at this length, and I’ve yet to meet a hair tie that lasts very long in it. I can say I don’t and hopefully never will, have facial hair.

Do you consider yourself attractive? Do others?
I think I’m pretty, apparently the people at school think I am too.

Do you have any scars, tattoos, piercings, or birthmarks?
No scars, no piercings or tattoos either although if it wasn’t for the whole secret identity deal it might have been funny to go in for one and see it fail spectacularly, but I’d probably feel bad afterwards, when all their stuff breaks. I do have a birthmark, apparently. It’s between my shoulder blades.

Do you resemble anyone famous?
Not that I know of.

Do you have a dominant hand?
Right handed.

What kind of clothing do you wear?
Well, mostly it’s second hand stuff stitched up to fit me a bit better. I have at least one hoodie from my brother that hasn’t been modified and I nearly disappear into it when I wear it.

Do you wear makeup?
Not unless there’s a reason to. I don’t bother as Shooting Star, since my mask covers up most of my face, and I don’t in my civvies since I just don’t really see the point.

What is your vocal range? Is your voice distinctive in some way?
I’m a contralto, which is pretty rare apparently.

Do you have any distinctive habits, nervous tics, or mannerisms? Where did they come from, and what causes them? Do other people notice and remark on these habits? Do they annoy you or other people?
I can’t say I do, at least that anyone’s mentioned.

History

Where do you come from?

Freedom City, born and raised. Did you expect me to say I’m a humanoid alien from a dying planet or something?

Have you made any major moves, or do you live in your hometown?
Lived in the same place in the Fens my whole life.

Do you feel loyal to your country of citizenship? Do you consider yourself patriotic? How do you feel about the government of your country?
I’d say I’m fairly patriotic, but I’m loyal to the people before the government or anything like that.

How do you feel about the place you come from?
I’m proud to say I was raised in the Fens. It’s home, regardless or what anyone else thinks.

Where is your home town? What was/is it like?
Do you seriously need to ask where Freedom City is?

Growing up, were most of the people you knew similar to you, or were you somehow a minority? How did that affect you?
Not a minority, so I know I had plenty of things easier than others.

Is there something you've always been really good at or really bad at? How has that affected your life?
I’ve always been pretty smart, not a super genius or whatever, but smart. And of course my power is a wrench in the works but it wasn’t an always thing.

Were there any traumatic experiences in your early years (death of a family member, abandonment, orphaned at an early age)?
Not when I was really little no, I wouldn’t even say my condition, since it was just a fact of life.

Briefly describe a defining moment in your childhood and how it influenced your life.
Well, I think my power would be the big one, but the worst was finding out my brother was the Steel Shade. It wasn’t intentional, he was robbing a place, and I turned up to stop him. So we fought and I ended up catching him under the mask with a swing that was out of measure. It comes tearing off, clattering to the ground, and I see my brother with a great gash on his face from the edge of the mask. He ran and I haven’t had to go against him since but god how are you supposed to react to that? It influenced me a lot. Hell, it’s how I know where we got these powers from.

What stupid things did you do when you were younger?
Best one I can think of was when I was still learning my powers. I’d figured out that I was pretty hard to hurt, y’know and that I could fly in space. So I decided to see what would happen if I just… dropped from orbit. I figured I could pull out of the fall any time I wanted since I can fly. So there I am looking down from what I know now is the L1 Lagrange point between the Earth and Moon, in one of my favourite dresses, a nice blue sundress with white flowers up the left side, and some nice flats, and then I push towards Earth to start falling. Needless to say, I was moving pretty quick by the end, and lit up immediately upon hitting the atmosphere. It didn’t hurt but safe to say the dress was gone pretty much immediately, since I just hit the atmosphere at nearly ten thousand miles an hour, and I know I’ve screwed up, given it doesn’t even take half a minute to reach the ground, so I try to pull out of the fall, cause I was pretty sure I wasn’t going to survive hitting the ground. Well I did slow down, but still hit the ground really fast. So instead of just splattering myself over the ground, I find myself buried in a hole nearly a hundred feet deep, and without any clothes. Cue the spy movie music, cause getting home without being seen was a nightmare. Shame about the dress though.

Where did you go to school? How much school did you have, and did you enjoy it?
I still go to school, and will for a couple more years. Not sure if I’ll go to college, but I can’t say I haven’t enjoyed school, despite having to be really careful in gym class.

Do you have any mementos of your childhood? What are they, and why did you keep them? If you have none, why not?
I have a bunch, I live in my old childhood room, and one thing that comes with not having a huge amount of money is you don’t really throw things away. I’ll probably at least store some when I move out.

When did you decide to become a hero? Why? Did anyone influence you one way or another in the decision?
Well it was pretty much the second I got powers and stopped freaking out about the fact that I had them. I had always loved heroes and the idea of helping others but you can’t really do much as a hero when you can’t walk on your own.
As to someone influencing me… It’s probably gonna sound cliche and corny but I have to say the Centurion. Yeah he was gone before I was even born, but I remember seeing the tributes and documentaries, and listening to my parents and grandparents just talk about him. He inspired hope even after being gone for so long and then I got powers, like his and I knew that even if I only make a pale reflection of the original superhero, I had to try. Even a reflection casts light.

Is the reason you give people for becoming a hero different than your real reason? If so, why?
Not really. I want to help people, and I don’t see a problem with telling people that.

Do you have any deep, dark secrets in the past that may come back to haunt you?
My brother is a superpowered mercenary who works with actual villains, and I know his identity but not the other way around. Also I don’t know if being powered by an artifact of the Greek Gods counts, since I don’t know which god it belonged to. I probably would keep it secret if it was like, Ares or Hades or something.

Do you represent yourself as being different from who you really are? Why?
As in do I secretly hate all the cats I save from trees? Not really… Wait, actually that’s not entirely true. It’s… I really enjoy fighting, I get a massive adrenaline rush, and there’s always this bit of trepidation of like ‘What if this guy is strong enough? What if he can actually hurt me?’ and it makes every fight exciting. Heart pounding.
I don’t really let people know, because I think it’s more reassuring and inspiring to not think that the person between you and the mobster with the laser gun is having fun here.

If you do have these secrets, what do you fear would happen if the truth became known? How far would you go to protect those secrets?
Well obviously people finding out my brother’s secret ID would hurt the family, my parents would be devastated. If people knew that he was Shooting Star’s brother and it became public knowledge, people would lose faith in me, and worse he would now know my secret identity. Otherwise I don’t really know what to worry about in regards to which God I get my power from. And I can’t really say what I would do. I kinda just have to have my fingers crossed that no one finds out Aaron’s identity, and to keep the secret myself. I don’t really have to do anything to keep the secret of my power’s origin- I’m the only person who knows.

Do you have any sort of criminal record? If so, is it public knowledge?
No record, I’m clean.

Family

What are your biological parents' names?

My parents are Calvin and Linda Armstrong.

Were you raised by them? If not, please explain and describe who raised you.
I was raised by them.

What was their standing in the community? What did/do they do for a living?
I mean there’s some standing, my parents are friendly with a lot of the community and most people know that they’ll help where they can. My father is the personnel manager for a Factory Worker Union, and my mother is a cleaner.

Where are your parents now?
They are in the same place as ever. Or do you mean like right now?

Did your family stay in one area or move around a lot?
We’ve stayed in the same house my entire life.

How did you get along with their parents? How do you get along with them now (if applicable).
I’ve always gotten along with them fine. I love them and they love me.

How do your parents view you now, or how would they?
Nothing’s really changed, but I think they would be proud if they knew I was a superhero.

Do you have any siblings? If so, how many and what are their names? Describe your relationship with them.
I have one brother, Aaron. I got along with him well, but it’s hard to stay the same knowing that he’s Steel Shade

What was your birth order in the family?
My brother is the eldest, followed by me.

Where are your siblings now (if applicable)? Do they have families of their own? What do they do?
Aaron is living on his own in the Theatre District. He works part time as a mechanic, and does the whole Steel Shade thing.

Do you stay in touch with them or have you become estranged?
He lives nearby so he visits often, which can be awkward sometimes given… you know.

Do you love or hate one member of the family in particular?
I don’t hate any of my family. Do I dislike that Aaron is Steel Shade? Yes. Do I hate him for it? Of course not. He’s still my brother.

Is any member of the family special to you in any way (perhaps, as a confidant, mentor, or arch-rival)?
My whole family is special to me, none more than any others.

Are there any black (or white) sheep in the family (including you)? If so, please explain.
Aaron probably would be if people knew, but it’s a secret identity for a reason.

Do you have a notorious or celebrated ancestor? If so, please explain, including how it has affected your life.
Not that I know of.

Do you have a partner and children currently? If so, please describe them.
No partner, and I am a bit young to have kids, don't you think?

If you do not have a partner or children, do you want them someday? How firm are you in your opinion on this, and what might change your mind?
I do want at least a partner, and maybe kids, but it’s… complicated. There’s no way I could be with someone long term and keep the fact that I’m Shooting Star from them, which is a lot. There’s also a slight issue, in that my powers make me incredibly dense. I hardly want to accidentally crush whoever I get with.

What type of person would be your ideal mate?
Well… It needs to be someone really trustworthy, even more than normal. Otherwise just the normal stuff, you know? Someone kind, funny. Stuff like that.

Relationships

Do you have any close friends? If so, please describe them, and how you came to be close to them.

I have some friends at school, but there’s a bit of disconnect given that I spend a while as Shooting Star, so I don’t get super close.

Do you have a best friend? If so, how did they become your best friend? How close are you to your best friend?
No best friend really, it’s hard to get that close when you have a second life.

If you were to go missing, who would worry about you?
Well my family of course, and my classmates and teachers would probably worry.

Have you lost any loves? If so, how did it happen, and what did you do?
No young loves cut tragically short, sorry to disappoint.

Do you have any bitter enemies? If so, please describe them and their history with you.
Nothing like that either. Mostly I’ve just stopped things like burglaries and stick ups.

If you have enemies, how do you think they might attempt to work against you in the future?
Well I don’t have any enemies so…?

What is the worst thing someone has done to you?
I’ve been shot at a lot. Worst in that line was a little bit ago where a gangster shot a rocket launcher at another hero, which I stopped. That could’ve hurt.

Where do your loyalties lie? In what order?
The people, my family, the country. In that order.

Who or what do you trust the most? Why?
Hmm, that’s a good question. Probably my parents, purely by process of elimination.

Who or what do you despise? Why?
I don’t really despise anyone, in terms of what there is a lot of evil to draw hate, but talking about what I hate about villains and monsters isn’t exactly a short list.

What qualities do you admire most in other people? Are these qualities you possess?
I admire people who inspire the people around them to be better. Heroes are more than people in tights, they give the people they help hope and courage. I hope to live up to this ideal one day.

What qualities do you hate most in other people? Do you have any of those qualities?
The willingness to hurt others for selfish goals and crush others down to get what you want. I don’t believe I have these traits and hope I never do.

Do you have a secret identity? If so, who knows it? Do you hide it from people who are close to you? Why?
I have a secret identity, I’m Alice as a civilian and Shooting Star as a hero. No one other than me knows it, and I do hide it from those close to me, because I don’t want the risks to them or to my identity.

Do you work well on teams and in groups? Are you a leader or a follower?
I can’t really say. I’ve only worked with other heroes once, and it wasn’t really a team, more like three people who happened to be in the same place who did some good. I also can’t really tell you based on sports given that until I was twelve I couldn’t play, and after I got my powers I was always more focused on not accidentally killing someone.

Are you on a super team? If so, how do you get along with your comrades? Do you trust them, or do you have secrets from them?
No super team sorry.

Are you a member of any church, fraternal organization, club, committee, political party, or other group? How much time do you spend on that?
Well that’s a tough one. My family is Christian although not super big about it, I think it’s more about the community than the faith, and then I found out that my powers came from the actual Greek Gods, which kinda threw me for a loop, and left me with so many questions. Like, is it just the Greek Gods, or are there other ones? If there are other ones, is it allowed for someone powered by one set of gods to pray to different ones? Even if I do decide to worship the Greek Gods, does it matter, since with proof like my powers there isn’t really room for faith. So, uh… Good question.

Personality & Beliefs

Who are your heroes?

The Centurion and Freedom League are pretty big ones. I’m kinda a hero nerd. Outside of, well, hero heroes I’d have to say my parents. They always worked so hard to make sure my brother and I would be okay.

Did you ever become disillusioned with former heroes or idols? If so, why and what were the circumstances?
Well, I used to look up to my brother. I mean he was always so strong, did an apprenticeship as both a mechanic and an electrician and was talking about going to college, and funding it himself. It was a really big deal, and then I found out how he was getting the money. 

Do you like being a hero? If so, what is the most rewarding part? If not, what makes you keep doing it?
I love being a hero. Going out to help people is great, and I have to admit the adrenaline rush from facing down a gunman or falling from orbit is just great.

Is there anything that would make you give up hero work, or even switch sides?
Anything that would make me give up hero work… I guess if I thought that I was doing more harm than good, otherwise not really. And you can bet your ass I’d never go to the other side.

What are your short term goals (what would you like to be doing within a year)?
Well obviously there’s the whole ‘passing school with good grades’ thing, but other than that I’d say still doing hero work.

What are your long term goals (what would you like to be doing twenty years from now)?
Well hopefully I’d have found someone by then, and I’d like to go to college and be working with that maybe, but only if it didn’t interfere with hero work.

What is your greatest fear? Why? What do you do when something triggers this fear?
My greatest fear… I’d have to say helplessness. Being unable to do anything. I had enough of that growing up. If I’m feeling helpless I dig in and try to fight my way through it.

Is there anything you would give you life for?
There are lots of things that would be worth my life. That came out wrong. I’m not saying that I don’t value my life, but I don’t hold it above anyone else’s. Everyone is worth saving, and if that costs me my life, so be it.

How do you feel about money and material wealth? Do you desire it or disdain it? Are you miserly with what you have, or do you like to share? Is it mark of success, or a means to an end?
Money is money. I am definitely frugal though, a habit picked up from my parents, but if I can help people with it I’d definitely share it. Definitely a means to an end, not the end itself.

How do you generally treat others?
I try to be kind and helpful. Do unto others, you know?

Are you a trusting person? Has your trust ever been abused?
I’d say I’m no more or less trusting than anyone else. My trust hasn't ever been abused, although it was broken when I found out my brother was a super mercenary villain.

Are you introverted (shy and withdrawn) or extroverted (outgoing)? Do you have a lot of self-confidence?
Fairly extroverted I guess, I generally think I have a fair amount of self-confidence.

How do you act around attractive, available members of your preferred sex?
Uh well. I don’t really… I mean there were some guys at school who wanted to get with me and were pretty good looking, but it was only because of how I looked, not anything else, so I wasn’t interested. After turning them down a couple times people kinda stopped asking as much.

What are your most annoying habits?
This was already a question, but as far as I know I don’t have any habits like that.

Do you feel contempt for any general category of people? Who are they, and why?
Well, villains and criminals I suppose, for the obvious reasons, they’re willing to hurt others to help themselves.

What is your favorite food? Do you prefer any particular type of food? Do you take the time to enjoy your food, or do you eat as fast as you can?
Uh well… Don’t laugh?
I uh, my favourite food is Ambrosia. I always savour ambrosia, but otherwise eat pretty fast.

What is your favorite drink (alcoholic or otherwise)?
I’m a bit young for alcohol, but I have tried wine and quite liked it. Otherwise I like hot chocolate.

What is your favorite treat (dessert)?
Well I did just say ambrosia.

Are there any specific foodstuffs that you find disgusting or refuse to eat?
Oysters are awful. I’d rather starve.

What is your favorite color? Are there any colors you dislike?
I quite like blue, although the reds and stuff from reentry are quite pretty.

What sort of music do you like? Is there any that you hate?
I quite like older music, like Hooked on a Feeling, Star Man and Under Pressure.

If you have a favorite scent, what is it?
Hmm, well I really like the smell of honey and liquorice. Separately.

Do you have a favorite animal?
I like eagles and other birds of prey.

What is your most treasured possession? Why?
My most treasured possession would probably be my breastplate. It’s… It means a lot. I’d saved a metalworker’s daughter from a driveby, and he made it for me. He repairs it for me too, given that the only piece of my costume that gets damaged as much is my cape.

Do you enjoy "roughing it", or do you prefer your creature comforts?
I enjoy my creature comforts, but roughing it is quite satisfying. It helps I suppose that I’m not bothered about the elements and smaller things like mosquitos don’t really affect me. I know at one point I was going to go to a friends house, but that fell through and instead of telling my parents I just slept in orbit. It was actually pretty nice.

Is there a job or a task you would absolutely refuse to do?
Well, villainy obviously, but otherwise, absolutely refusing to do something is a pretty strong reaction.

Do you consider yourself a spiritual person? If so, how do your beliefs affect your life? How important is it to you?
I think this was kinda already asked, or at least I already explained it. It’s a bit confusing.

Was your faith influenced or molded by anyone special?
Well my parents, obviously. Other than that, not really.

If you belong to a religious organization, how often do you attend? Do you have a specific place of worship, or friends within the organization? How much do you agree with the beliefs of your organization?
I go with my parents to church when I have time.

Could you kill? Have you killed?
I have not and could not kill.

What circumstances led to you forming that conviction, or taking that action?
I’m not a murderer, and am not willing to become one.

Are there circumstances under which you believe it is permissible to kill? What are they?
There are not. Murder is murder. You stop the bad guy and then arrest them.

How would you react to watching someone kill another person? Would your reaction be different if the killer was a friend or an enemy of yours?
I would try to take them in. It is illegal, friend or not.

How would you react if something important was stolen from you?
If it was from Alice then I would go to the police of course, if it was from Shooting Star I would try to get it back myself.

How would you react to public humiliation?
Probably just deal with it and move on, maybe try to save some face.

How would you react if a good friend or relative were purposely or accidentally killed? Has it happened to you?
I would try to bring the killer to justice. If it was an accident then that would make it a bit different, but if they ran then it is still a crime.

What do you consider to be the worst crime someone could commit and why?
There are a few. Kidnapping, murder, torture. They all deeply hurt people, both the victim and those close to them.

If your life were to end in 24 hours, what five things would you do in those remaining hours?
Five things…
I’d probably tell my parents about my identity and that I was dying, go talk to Aaron about his being Steel Shade and well, the previously mentioned. Maybe visit some of the other planets. I’d probably spend the rest of my time with my family. Not like I could really do much hero work with just twenty four hours.

Career & Training

Do you have any special training in your hero skills? If so, where and how did you get it?

Ha! I wish. Self taught.

Who taught you the most about your heroing abilities? What was your relationship with that person?
No one really taught me anything.

Do you have any particularly unusual skills? How did you acquire them?
I’m pretty good at physics and I’ve picked up some stuff from my work as a hero.

Do you do something besides hero work for a living? Have you ever done anything else, or do you plan to?
Nothing for a living, I live with my parents and they don’t want me to have to work when I could be focusing on school.

What is your preferred combat style?
I punch things.

Have you ever received any awards or honours?
I mean, plenty of people have thanked me, but nothing official.

What skill areas would you like most to improve in? Is there anything you can't do that you wish desperately you could?
Well, I could use more practice actually hitting people, and a bit better street knowledge.

How do you act around people who are more skilled than you in areas you'd like to improve? Are you jealous, or do you try and learn?
I’d probably be pretty jealous to be honest, but I would try to learn.

Lifestyle & Hobbies

What is a normal day for you? How do you feel when something interrupts this routine?

I get up, get ready to head out, go to school, mostly do my homework at school, head home, finish any homework, then probably go out to the ‘library’, which is actually going out to be Shooting Star.

Do you have any hobbies, or interests outside hero work? What are they, and where did you pick them up?
Well I do enjoy physics, although I’m sure part of that is being able to experience those physics for myself. I also like the normal things, you know, gaming, wasting countless hours on forums and stuff like that.

What do you do for fun?
That is the same as hobbies, although I suppose you could also add superheroing to the list.

Do you have a costume? What does it look like?
It’s a white bodysuit with sky blue gloves and boots, a white cape with blue on the inside and a bronze chestplate.

How do you normally dress when not in costume?
I wear hand-me-downs from my brother and some friends of the family, generally altered to fit me.

What do you wear to bed most nights?
A singlet and underwear, I don’t really need to wear anything heavier since I don’t have a problem with heat or cold.

Do you wear any special jewelry? What is it, and what does it look like?
Nope, although I know my mother has some old jewelry that might end up being mine one day.

Do you have a special place where you keep your valuables?
My room. Although I must admit I’ve considered starting to store things on the moon or something.

What's your preferred means of local travel? How about long distance?
Well, when I can’t get away with flying somewhere it’s either bussing or in my parents’ car. Long distance is always flying, since that’s the only time I travel.

Miscellaneous

Have you ever made a will, or tried to make arrangements for your death? What provisions did you make?

I have a will, although right now it’s not particularly important. I have also been trying to set things up so that if I die my parents can find out.

If your features were to be destroyed beyond recognition, is there any other way of identifying your body?
Well obviously there’s DNA and dental records, but the other way would probably be the birthmark I mentioned between my shoulder blades.

What would you like to be remembered for after your death?
For being a hero and inspiring hope.

Do you believe you pose a threat to the public? Why or why not?
No, because I wouldn’t do anything to make myself one. Someone else with my powers could be, but I myself am not.

What do you perceive as your greatest strength?
Hmm, should I say my ability to deadlift an APC or my dazzling good looks. Seriously though? The ideals I aspire to.

What do you perceive as your greatest weakness?
I know I can be a little reckless… Okay, a lot reckless and that it might get me into trouble at some point.

As a player, if you could, what advice would you give your character? Speak as if he/she were sitting right here in front of you. Use proper tone so they might heed your advice...
You need to talk to your brother about him being Steel Shade, it will only lead to more issues down the road if you sit on this. He's still your family and the only way to go forward is by talking with him.

Edited by Kaede Kimura