Silver Magus

RobRX

Origin Story

Locked away in his dusty, half-reactivated workshop, Kyle Finley is toiling and working extensively. “Allright, day….day...day number eight, I believe? Yes, day eight. Beginning final testing of the suit’s systems.†says the scientist, recording himself. Kneeling down, he begin to adjust large, heavy metallic boots that reach up to his knee. “Now if I have done my work and I’m not too rusty, these two rocket-powered boots should function and interface properly with the rest of my suit. If they don’t, well, that’s back to the drawing board for me.†For the final phase of his suiting-up, he slip on two metallic gauntlets before putting on his ‘helmet’...a makeshift, ugly jury-rigged device that weighs heavily on his head and is a tangled mess of wires, mechanical pieces and holographic projectors. “Note to self; I probably look rather ridiculous don’t I?†Finalizing his set-up, he plug the wires of his helmet onto the skin-tight, circuitry-laden midnight blue suit that cover his entire body. One would expect an inventor like him to continue this experiment by activating the suit and proceeding to experiment with high-technology, but Kyle has a different, second set of expertise, so to speak. Lifting his arms into the air, he began to chant; “By the silvery shield of-â€

He gets cut off as miss Darcy enters the room. Suzie and him had worked together for ASTRO Labs and he was in her debt as without her he wouldn’t have had a lab to work in. “What are you doing?†she asked him, almost tilting her head in confusion. “What do you mean, ‘what am I doing’? I’m working. Well, more like turning myself into a guinea pig.†replies the inventor, having stopped his incantation. “I thought you were done with ‘science’  and inventing. When you said you wanted the lab back, I thought you were going to turn it into some sort of library. There’s plenty of space here for it.†She’s immediately cut off. “No, no! Far from it! Yes, I know it sounded preposterous when I came back after five years and yes, I know it sounded even more so when I said I was now a sorcerer. I’m glad you believed me, however.†The woman roll her eyes. “Yes, well,  you’re the one who was so desperate to be believed you basically showed it to me.â€

“Which in hindsight was not the smartest thing I did.†admit the inventor. “But I had to tell someone. Everyone need a confidant and in that point in time, you seemed the best choice. See, I’ve even taken an old invention out of the mothballs.†Once more, the retort is quick and sharp. “Yes, the nerve-interface suit, we’ve scrapped that one years ago, what’s the point of using something that never got finished?†Somewhat lacking in attention span, Kyle activate the jet boots, floating into the air a feet or so above the ground as he tries to control. “Whoa! Hold on a moment, I just need to adjust my flight speed. Those boots adds a significant amount of push to my flight. And YES, I AM LISTENING!†he shout as the boots make a ruckus, make it hard to hear things. “Right, well, the nerve-suit is calibrated not only to my nervous system but also connected to my chakra points. Think of it as a magical mocap suit, except it’s not really like that at all. Now, hold on just one more moment. By the silvery shield of Sylferos, may no evil touch my flesh!†A melding of science and magic, the suit and Kyle’s spell worked in tandem, the incantation creating a protective ward for him and the suit. Then the suit would reinforce the barrier.

“Magic and science work as one.†proclaims the sorcerer as he gently float back to the ground, surrounded by his protective wards supplemented by a force field. “In addition the suit posses my entire collection of spells, ritual, wards, you name it. Well, I might have forgotten a few, I need to double-check. Now it does make managing all my spells easier and comes with pre-loaded spell configurations. Oh, right, I forgot the-†Suzie cuts him off, smiling sadly. “I don’t think I’ve seen you this excited in a long time. Look, I don’t claim I can ever understand your mystical mumbo-jumbo but…†Kyle decide to be the one to cut off, this time; “But?†he says, amused. “But you have no idea how glad I am you’re back. Beside, it’s good to see you’ve got the passion for your work back even if it’s different now. Just don’t forget to eat this time, okay?†And with that, she leave. Left alone, Kyle’s smile slowly fade. It was true he had found passion back in his work, but his work was different now. Closing his eyes, everything came back rushing to him. His betrayal by a close friend. Helping unleash an unspeakable horror into the world. Years looking to find a way to send the monster back to the darkness, finally leading him to study magic. He had a new job, now. A purpose and a duty, even.

A few days later, after more toiling, he was ready. The nerve-suit perfectly adjusted, he lifted his hands and called upon the power of the wind. Lifting slowly into the air, he called to him the pieces of his armor, who flew toward him and attached themselves, lightweight plates of a silvery color. Realizing that this accoutrement would not be quite fitting to a student of the arcane, he flicked his wrist at his cape, tossed in a corner. The piece of clothe flew right at him. Yes, it would make a fine addition to his armor.

• 3 weeks later...

As he was leaving his friend Suzie’s house and walking down the street, Kyle found himself approached by a woman he didn’t know. “Mister Finley? Am I correct, are you Kyle Finley?†He stopped walking, pausing, hesitating before turning to face her. “Yes, I am. No, I’m not dead as people often believe. Can I do something for you?â€

“Actually, yes, I’m from the website TechnologyTodayAndTomorrow.com, you see, five years ago when our website opened we were supposed to interview you after you came back from your expedition†His face twisted very slightly as the woman reminded him of that fateful expedition that lead him to becoming a mage. “And I suppose that after you’ve heard I was back, you still want that interview? I’m sorry miss but I’ve been five year out of touch with modern technology. I already feel like a caveman when I handle my phone.â€

“But you were a nearly revolutionary inventor back from your time at ASTRO Labs.†replied the young woman. “I mean, there are still some people out there who remember your work. Beside, now that you’re back are you going to return to ASTRO Labs?â€

Kyle shook his head and the woman immediately looked disappointed. “I’m sorry, I won’t. I have other things I need to attend to now. However, since I don’t want to make you feel that you’ve seemingly tracked me down here for nothing I will answer your questions.â€

(1) “Alright, so; Where are you from, Mister Finley?â€

“I was born in Freedom City but spent years away when I was studying. I came back only when I was hired by ASTRO Labs. Shame that my first project never really went anywhere.â€

(2)â€Here’s an odd one; how would you describe yourself physically? How do you think others see you?â€

“Well I...um...well I was never quite the looker.†chuckles Kyle. “Honestly, this isn’t something I really focused on. My appearance, I mean. I suppose I could joke a bit and say I do look like what you’d expect me to look like. Who knows what the others think?â€

(3)â€Do you have any speech characteristic and mannerism?â€

“I’ll let you decide for yourself on that.â€

(4)â€What is your motivation?â€

“Currently, there are things I need to...fix. And I don’t mean machines.â€

(5) “Ummmm; What would you say is your greatest strengths and weaknesses?â€

“Good question, let me think. Ah, umm…†The man took a moment to ponder everything. “I get easily distracted and tend to make some very poor choices when it come to judging people, or so it seems. Now for strength, ummm...um...well, let’s just say my knack with learning new things and applying them has been quite handy.â€

(6) “Any things you love or that you hate?â€

“I like pistachio ice cream. I really, utterly, truly hate snakes. Beyond that, I love learning and technology, obviously.â€

(7) “How would you describe your current emotional state?â€

“It’s not something I wish to discuss. Things weigh too heavily upon my shoulders.â€

(8) “What do you fear the most?â€

“I would say; not being able to repair the damage caused by a certain mistake of mine.â€

(9) “What is your greatest ambition, Mister Finley?â€

“Good question! I...don’t know, not anymore. Perhaps master...well let’s call it a new scientific discipline, shall we?â€

“Ooo...kay?â€

“It is a long story.†retorted Kyle, not wanting to discuss the subject of sorcery.

(10) “Moving on; how do you feel about the world and your place in it?â€

“A complicated question: Is the world bad? No. Could it be better? Yes, most definately. Any contribution I can make to the world I will gladly do so.â€

(11) “Do you have any prejudices?â€

“WHAT?! What kind of question is this? Beside, even if I did would I really answer honestly in an interview?â€

“I guess not.â€

“With that said no, I don’t think I have any prejudices.â€

(12) “Where do your loyalties lie?â€

“My work. My craft. And my teacher, of course.â€

(13) “Do you have anyone you love? Any...partner?â€

“Are you asking me out? I suppose not. You are too young anyway. And...no, I don’t.â€

(14) “What about family?â€

“My parents recently passed away.â€

“I’m sorry to hear.â€

“No, it’s fine. No point mourning them any longer than necessary. Beyond that I have a sister.â€

(15) “How would the people close to you describe you? I mean, by that, your personality.â€

“I get called absent-minded.â€

(16) “I’ve heard that, yes. Do you consider yourself a role model?â€

“As an inventor? Yes and no. Yes because there’s nothing wrong with dedicating yourself fully to your work and pushing boundaries but I would also say no because people tend to yell at me saying I got far too absorbed into my work! There was a time I even had an assistant just to make sure I eat. As a person? No, I am not a role model.â€

(17) â€Do you consider yourself a spiritual person?â€

“Perhaps. It’s complicated. Let’s just say that I have certainly seen things that made me reconsider my place in the universe.â€

(18) â€What about you and teams?â€

“What, you mean like a superhero team? Absolutely ridiculous why would I get involved with that? Now I suppose I would not mind working as an engineer or inventor for the Freedom League...once my ‘other work’ is done. Personal work. Or rather, personal problems. I won’t go into the details. Now I’ll admit; back when I worked at ASTRO Labs I best worked alone.â€

(19) â€We’ve seen even more superhuman activity in these last five years. How do you feel about these people?â€

“Well, they do their work. I can’t be too ungrateful for what they’ve done.â€

(20) â€If you could give yourself a piece of advice, what would it be?†  

Once more, Kyle chucked. “Don’t forget to eat. Or sleep, as a matter of fact.â€

“Well, I guess that’s enough. Thanks for the interview, mister Finley.â€

Introduction

Who are you? Sum yourself up in one sentence.

I am an inventor, sorcerer and sometimes superhero.

Do you have any nicknames, street names, titles, or nom de plume?

I took the name Silver Magus but sometimes I think I picked a bit too quickly since that means I can’t really paint my armor now without the name making no sense.

What is your full birth name?

Kyle Finley. A bit short, isn’t it?

Where do you live?

Currently I am...squatting the house of a friend of mine whenever I need to take time off my workshop.

How old are you? What year were you born (if applicable)?

Thirty-eight years old. I was born in 1975.

Physical Traits

What is your gender? If not applicable, please explain.

I am male unless some rival sorcerer and/or demon think it would be funny to curse me and change that.

How would you describe your heritage?

Fairly normal, all things considered. Nothing out of the ordinary.

How tall are you?

Five foot nine but I am a bit slouched.

What is your body type?

I’m not exactly in good shape but I am not as pudgy as I used to be after spending years walking around the world.

Do you have any particular weaknesses, such as allergies or physical disabilities?

My eyesight isn’t great. The lenses in my armor’s helmet correct this.

How do you carry yourself? Are you graceful, or heavy on your feet? Can you be stealthy, do you walk with confidence?

I am a bit of a twitchy person, sometimes.

Describe your skin, eye, and hair color.

I am ginger. No, I don’t drink blood. Not unless I am one day turned into a vampire. My eyes are green.

How do you wear your hair, if applicable? Do you have facial hair?

Short hair. Small beard. Any longer and it would make wearing my armor impractical.

Do you consider yourself attractive? Do others?

No and I don’t think others do.

Do you have any scars, tattoos, piercings, or birthmarks?

Only noteworthy scars are those inflicted by Khavanda when he tortured me.

Do you resemble anyone famous?

I don’t think so.

Do you have a dominant hand?

Right hand.

What kind of clothing do you wear?

Whatever I find comfortable and not too pricy.

Do you wear makeup?

Surprisingly enough? Sometimes. I try to avoid looking like someone who endured horrific torture and trials during my five years.

What is your vocal range? Is your voice distinctive in some way?

I don’t know, I never really tried to sing. Not unless it was in college and I was inebriated. My voice is somewhat gravelly.

Do you have any distinctive habits, nervous tics, or mannerisms? Where did they come from, and what causes them? Do other people notice and remark on these habits? Do they annoy you or other people?

My face can sometimes twitch in moments of stress. Got a lot of bad flashbacks.

History

Where do you come from?

Freedom City, Kingston.

Have you made any major moves, or do you live in your hometown?

I spent a large portion of my life outside of Freedom City and only came back when I started working at ASTRO Labs.

Do you feel loyal to your country of citizenship? Do you consider yourself patriotic? How do you feel about the government of your country?

Now that I have seen what lies beyond our world, it is hard for me to find any of this as relevant as before.

How do you feel about the place you come from?

I’ve seen far worse in my travels.

Where is your home town? What was/is it like?

Growing up, were most of the people you knew similar to you, or were you somehow a minority? How did that affect you?

I don’t really remember. I was a bit of a shut-in.

Is there something you've always been really good at or really bad at? How has that affected your life?

I was always good at learning things. I was never good at sports. It doesn’t really matter much to me anyway.

Were there any traumatic experiences in your early years (death of a family member, abandonment, orphaned at an early age)?

My early life was normal and stable. Things only got strange for me during that fateful expedition...

Briefly describe a defining moment in your childhood and how it influenced your life.

My parents scolding me for having some imperfect grades. I was angry at first but I would say it paid off for them to demand much from me.

What stupid things did you do when you were younger?

I drank a lot in college, does it count?

Where did you go to school? How much school did you have, and did you enjoy it?

There was an elementary school in Kingston, I don’t know if it is still there today. I don’t recall my elementary school years much. Same for highschool.

Do you have any mementos of your childhood? What are they, and why did you keep them? If you have none, why not?

I still have a few books I had when I was a child.

When did you decide to become a hero? Why? Did anyone influence you one way or another in the decision?

When I escaped Khavanda, I swore I would find a way to banish that entity back to whatever foul dimension it originally crawled out from.

Is the reason you give people for becoming a hero different than your real reason? If so, why?

No, it’s the same but I don’t really explain the details to people, mostly out of shame.

Do you have any deep, dark secrets in the past that may come back to haunt you?

I was tricked into helping someone unleash a dark and malevolent entity in the world. Sending this creature back to it’s own dimension is why I took the identity of the Silver Magus.

Do you represent yourself as being different from who you really are? Why?

Good question. I don’t know. I’m always busy with my researches, I don’t really have the time to think about that.

If you do have these secrets, what do you fear would happen if the truth became known? How far would you go to protect those secrets?

I am not sure but I am worried it might make me seem like a villain.

Do you have any sort of criminal record? If so, is it public knowledge?

No but I did accidentally help unleash a dangerous evil. The general public is not aware of this.

Family

What are your biological parents' names?

Davis Finley and Karen Finley, née Emery.

Were you raised by them? If not, please explain and describe who raised you.

I was raised by my loving, if somewhat stern and demanding parents.

What was their standing in the community? What did/do they do for a living?

I like to think my father was well-liked and seen as a mature, responsible figure. I’m not sure about my mother, she mostly stayed at home.

Where are your parents now?

Dead.

Did your family stay in one area or move around a lot?

They never moved away from their house in Kingston.

How did you get along with their parents? How do you get along with them now (if applicable).

Later in my life, I was quite distant. In hindsight, I regret not seeing them more often. I suppose they were proud of me, however.

How do your parents view you now, or how would they?

My parents would be ashamed of my connection with darker powers. They would also disapprove of me learning sorcery, which they would likely find satanical. I know better, of course.

Do you have any siblings? If so how many and what are their names? Describe your relationship with them.

I have a sister named Olivia. She’s helped me re-adjust to ‘normal life’ so I suppose we are on good terms. However, she is somewhat angry I wasn’t there when our parents died.

What was your birth order in the family?

I was their first child. My sister Olivia was born two years later.

Where are your siblings now (if applicable)? Do they have families of their own? What do they do?

My sister has a family and work for Bromwell’s Department Stores.

Do you stay in touch with them or have you become estranged?

My sister nags me a lot so I would say that, yes, we are in touch. Maybe it’s because she’s worried about me?

Do you love or hate one member of the family in particular?

I’m not the most sociable person. I don’t like or hate anyone in particular and I don’t think anyone hate me.

Is any member of the family special to you in any way (perhaps, as a confidant, mentor, or arch-rival)?

My sister seems to care about me and I suppose the feeling is mutual.

Are there any black (or white) sheep in the family (including you)? If so, please explain.

Not that I can think of. I would probably be if the truth about me was known.

Do you have a notorious or celebrated ancestor? If so, please explain, including how it has affected your life.

Not any that I am aware of.

Do you have a partner and children currently? If so, please describe them.

I am celibate.

If you do not have a partner or children, do you want them someday? How firm are you in your opinion on this, and what might change your mind?

My work is a dangerous one. I would not be foolish enough to put them in harm’s way. Beside, I am getting old.

What type of person would be your ideal mate?

I don’t know. I don’t usually think about those things.

Relationships

Do you have any close friends? If so, please describe them, and how you came to be close to them.

I have a friend I worked with at ASTRO Labs named Suzie Darcie. I would say we are close friends but this is as far as it goes between us.

Do you have a best friend? If so, how did they become your best friend? How close are you to your best friend?

I had a good friend, once. A trusted friend. Then he betrayed me to obtain dark powers and become host to an entity named Khavanda. I have sworn to banish this entity. Truth be told, I believe his entire friendship was faked simply in order to manipulate me into helping him.

If you were to go missing, who would worry about you?

Suzie would.

Have you lost any loves? If so, how did it happen, and what did you do?

Someone I knew, nay, cared for in college committed suicide. It was long ago, I moved on.

Do you have any bitter enemies? If so, please describe them and their history with you.

Lester Everett, now known as Khavanda. He tricked me into obtaining a Lemurian artifact. Then he used it to become the vessel to a dark and terrible entity. He is the reason why I became a sorcerer. I did it to stop him.

If you have enemies, how do you think they might attempt to work against you in the future?

Khavanda knows I escaped him. Who knows what he might do to me? My guess is that he would syphon my mind for all my knowledge.

What is the worst thing someone has done to you?

Khavanda tortured me, broke my body and mind and ‘fixed’ me every day in order to repeat the torture.

Where do your loyalties lie? In what order?

I am loyal to my work and to my teachers, those who taught me magic.

Who or what do you trust the most? Why?

I trust my knowledge.

Who or what do you despise? Why?

I despise those who abuse knowledge.

What qualities do you admire most in other people? Are these qualities you possess?

I admire intelligence and an openness of mind as well as honesty. Unfortunately, I am not the most honest person myself as my work requires me to lie to people.

What qualities do you hate most in other people? Do you have any of those qualities?

I despise greed, abuse of power and deceit. I don’t think that describes me.

Do you have a secret identity? If so, who knows it? Do you hide it from people who are close to you? Why?

Do you work well on teams and in groups? Are you a leader or a follower?

I am somewhat of a loner. Perhaps this will change in time.

Are you on a super team? If so, how do you get along with your comrades? Do you trust them, or do you have secrets from them?

I am not on any team.

Are you a member of any church, fraternal organization, club, committee, political party, or other group? How much time do you spend on that?

I am a sorcerer, does it count? I dedicate hours of my day to studying the arcane arts. There is much I have to learn about it.

Personality & Beliefs

Who are your heroes?

Albert Einstein. Stephen Hawking. All the Master Mages.

Did you ever become disillusioned with former heroes or idols? If so, why and what were the circumstances?

Not that I can think of.

Do you like being a hero? If so, what is the most rewarding part? If not, what makes you keep doing it?

I am not in it for the reward, I’m in it to repair my mistakes.

Is there anything that would make you give up hero work, or even switch sides?

I doubt it. Ultimate knowledge, perhaps?

What are your short term goals (what would you like to be doing within a year)?

Get a fully functional workshop. Banish Khavanda.

What are your long term goals (what would you like to be doing twenty years from now)?

Retired from active duty, continue my researches. Maybe teach to others?

What is your greatest fear? Why? What do you do when something triggers this fear?

That Khavanda goes after my family and devour their minds, leaving them alive yet empty shells.

Is there anything you would give you life for?

Banishing evil, in any form.

How do you feel about money and material wealth? Do you desire it or disdain it? Are you miserly with what you have, or do you like to share? Is it a mark of success, or a means to an end?

I pay much attention to these things now that I know about the mystical wonders of the cosmic coil.

How do you generally treat others?

Not badly. I suppose.

Are you a trusting person? Has your trust ever been abused?

Yes, it has been abused. Terribly so.

Are you introverted (shy and withdrawn) or extroverted (outgoing)? Do you have a lot of self-confidence?

Introverted. It depends on the situation, some things may deflate my confidence.

How do you act around attractive, available members of your preferred sex?

I try to ignore them.

What are your most annoying habits?

Losing track of a conversation to babble about my researches and think out loud.

Do you feel contempt for any general category of people? Who are they, and why?

I hate those who abuse power.

What is your favorite food? Do you prefer any particular type of food? Do you take the time to enjoy your food, or do you eat as fast as you can?

Pistachio ice cream is my favorite. I eat fast do get back to my work.

What is your favorite drink (alcoholic or otherwise)?

Coffee. Lots and lots of coffee.

What is your favorite treat (dessert)?

Pistachio ice cream, as mentioned above.

Are there any specific foodstuffs that you find disgusting or refuse to eat?

Not in particular.

What is your favorite color? Are there any colors you dislike?

I like green and silver. I don’t think I dislike any in particular

What sort of music do you like? Is there any that you hate?

I am not picky, any music to keep me awake is fine.

If you have a favorite scent, what is it?

Not in particular.

Do you have a favorite animal?

Mongooses. No idea why, the word just made me laugh as a child.

What is your most treasured possession? Why?

Books given to me by my parents when I was a child. Maybe because they’ve set me on the path I am on today.

Do you enjoy "roughing it", or do you prefer your creature comforts?

I don’t know.

Is there a job or a task you would absolutely refuse to do?

Anything involving a wild snake. Anything that would be an abuse of science and/or magic.

Do you consider yourself a spiritual person? If so, how do your beliefs affect your life?How important is it to you?

I have seen what lies beyond our world. Earthly religions have lost their meaning to me.

Was your faith influenced or molded by anyone special?

My master from Shambala Vale showed me what lied beyond our world. This changed my perspective of things.

If you belong to a religious organization, how often do you attend? Do you have a specific place of worship, or friends within the organization? How much do you agree with the beliefs of your organization?

I don’t belong to any religious organization.

Could you kill? Have you killed?

Yes, I would. No, I haven’t.

What circumstances led to you forming that conviction, or taking that action?

I suppose I understand that there some grim necessities.

Are there circumstances under which you believe it is permissible to kill? What are they?

If it can prevent further harm to other people.

How would you react to watching someone kill another person? Would your reaction be different if the killer was a friend or an enemy of yours?

It really depend on the context.

How would you react if something important was stolen from you?

Depending on what it is I may or may not try to chase the thief.

How would you react to public humiliation?

I would most definately try to clear my name at all costs.

How would you react if a good friend or relative were purposely or accidentally killed? Has it happened to you?

I once lost someone in college. I was quite broken but, as with everything else, I must learn to move on.

What do you consider to be the worst crime someone could commit and why?

Abuse of knowledge to twist others and/or the world. Knowledge, whether science or magic, must be used for the betterment of mankind.

If your life were to end in 24 hours, what five things would you do in those remaining hours?

Banish Khavanda. Anything else doesn’t matter. If that is not applicable, I would go see my sister and spend my last moments with her.

Career & Training

Do you have any special training in your hero skills? If so, where and how did you get it?

I was trained in sorcery in Shambala Vale. I learned my engineering skills in school, like everybody else.

Who taught you the most about your heroing abilities? What was your relationship with that person?

My master in Shambala Vale. He quite reminded me of Yoda. Of course I would never say that to him.

Do you have any particularly unusual skills? How did you acquire them?

I use my knowledge of technology to augment my magic. I felt I could try to apply both of my skill sets together.

Do you do something besides hero work for a living? Have you ever done anything else, or do you plan to?

I used to work as an inventor and engineer for ASTRO Labs. I am currently unemployed, however.

What is your preferred combat style?

I tend to blast foes away with lightning bolts. I also restrain targets in ice bonds if they attempt to escape me.

Have you ever received any awards or honours?

None.

What skill areas would you like most to improve in? Is there anything you can't do that you wish desperately you could?

My mastery of magic leave much to desire. There is still much I need to learn about it.

How do you act around people who are more skilled than you in areas you'd like to improve? Are you jealous, or do you try and learn?

I try to learn. There’s always more to learn!

Lifestyle & Hobbies

What is a normal day for you? How do you feel when something interrupts this routine?

I wake up, drink my coffee then go down in my workshop to either build something, study or learn new spells. I go to sleep when I collapse.

Do you have any hobbies, or interests outside hero work? What are they, and where did you pick them up?

Buildings things and learning ARE my hobbies!

What do you do for fun?

...fun? I don’t have time for fun!

Do you have a costume? What does it look like?

It’s a flexible, lightweight battlesuit. It is silver in color and I wear a cape with it. The cape is magically enchanted to never touch my rocket boots as I could risk setting myself on fire.

How do you normally dress when not in costume?

I would say I dress in a fairly normal fashion. Nothing that stands out of the ordinary.

What do you wear to bed most nights?

My pajama of course!

Do you wear any special jewelry? What is it, and what does it look like?

No, I don’t wear any jewelry.

Do you have a special place where you keep your valuables?

A drawer in my room.

What's your preferred means of local travel? How about long distance?

Nowadays I simply teleport. It saves me money. Otherwise, I use a plane.

Miscellaneous

Have you ever made a will, or tried to make arrangements for your death? What provisions did you make?

I wrote down some notes on a bit of paper, I hope Suzie will find it.

If your features were to be destroyed beyond recognition, is there any other way of identifying your body?

DNA tests, of course.

What would you like to be remembered for after your death?

My work at ASTRO Labs.

Do you believe you pose a threat to the public? Why or why not?

No, I don’t think I am a threat to anyone who isn’t actively trying to abuse power.

What do you perceive as your greatest strength?

I am very skilled and knowledgeable in a vast array of subjects.

What do you perceive as your greatest weakness?

I am told I am absent-minded.

As a player, if you could, what advice would you give your character? Speak as if he/she were sitting right here in front of you. Use proper tone so they might heed your advice.

Magus, don’t forget YOU might also abuse the power of magic and science.