Earth Victoriana: Deliver Us From Evil (OOC)

Aoiroo

There's about eight this time, also Gab gets an HP because he cannot use Diplomacy on these guys. But now it's seven cause they physically cannot make a DC 28 toughness save.

Gabriel Unharmed 6 HP

Carrie Unharmed 3 HP

Corrupted Inquistion (7) Unharmed

Okay, Carrie is concealed, so she is going to attack all these guys, because she is concealed she'll make a stealth check against there notice to catch them flat footed, also taking ten which is DC 30 so lets make the notice rolls, None of them make it, so Carrie is concealed, she attacks, DC 27 toughness for them plus takedown attack, lets see how many she drops. All six drop, the seventh however she uses a paralyze strike for, so DC 22 Fortitude save, 29, cause these guys do have rather high exotic saves he makes it and is still concious. Everyone else has been dropped however and he still can't see Carrie. So he attacks Gabriel with his gun,

17, that's a miss I'm guessing. Anyway, Gabriels turn.

Gabriel Unharmed 6HP

Carrie Unharmed/Concealed 3HP

Corrupted Inquisition (1) Unharmed

Corrupted Inquisition 26 (20) Unharmed

Lesser Demon Dos 26 Unharmed

Greater Demon Dos 25 Unharmed

Lesser Demon Quartro 21 Unharmed

Lesser Demon Tres 20 Unharmed

Carrie 16 Unharmed 3HP

Lesser Demon Uno 12 Unharmed

Greater Demon Uno 10 Unharmed

Gabriel 8 Unharmed 6HP

Carrie's disappeared as a reaction, Stealth check 36, no one can sense her at all., well the Inquisition are surprised and indisposed so they don't get a turn.

Demons, they see Gabriel, they sense Gabriel, they're attacking Gabriel. Only one hit, DC 23 toughness save then. Greater Demons are attacking too, First one misses, Carrie attacks the other one on her turn concealed, and damage shifted by 3, 17, It hits cause he's flatfooted. DC 30, Demon makes it, but he's not focused on Gabriel, he's looking for Carrie now, and Her found her, ohh, He attacks with hellfire, 27, That hits, DC 32, 24, Carrie is Bruised and Dazed.

Greater Demon Dos 25 Unharmed

Carrie 16 Bruised and Dazed 3HP

Greater Demon Uno 10 Unharmed

Gabriel 8 Unharmed 6HP

Gabriel's turn, he has a DC 23 toughness save to make.

First, that Toughness Save. I'd say a 30 takes care of that.

Let's see....

Free Action: Swap Sonic Control Array to Drain Toughness.

Standard Action: Ranged Attack for Drain Toughness on Greater Demon Uno.

Really? A 1?

Hero Point to Reroll.

Hahaha, a 20.

So that hits for sure, and it's a DC 28 Fortitude Save, Rank 13 Drain.

Move Action: Move up to Greater Demon Uno and get all up in his business.

And because I want to start this off with a "bang", I'm going to go ahead and...

Free Action: Extra Effort! Getting another Standard Action.

Standard Action: Attack with Holy Spear.

I imagine 31 hits.

DC 28 Toughness Save.

Damnit, I closed the tab and lost the rolls. Anyway, he rolled 17 for the Toughness Drain, and then 13 for the toughness so he's dead. Now Gabriel has a target on his back, so lets see, Inquisition Attacks first, sixteen with guns, four with swords. 2 hits with guns, DC 17 rolls each. So, sword attackers, 3 hits, DC 20 each. Now for Demons, Lesser Demon tries to grab Gabriel, 23, so he succeeds in the attack now for Grappling. 18 Grapple Check, DC 18 to beat then. Greater Demon's gonna try and hellfire him, 27, that's a hit with Hellfire, DC 30.

Lesser Demons Attack, 1 hits, DC 23

Carrie's turn, burn an HP to lose the Daze, and roll for Stealth, 36, Sees if she sneaks up on the Greater Demon, Yep she does, so he's flat footed, So she fully Damage Shifts her attack, 20, that's a hit. So DC 32 for Greater Demon Bruised and Dazed.

Lesser Demon Attack Gabriel, Misses, Gabriel's turn.

Greater Demon Dos 25 Dazed and Bruised

Carrie 16 Bruised 2HP

Gabriel 8 Unharmed 5HP

Holy crud monkies lots of rolls. Ho boy.

I'm gonna do these 1 by 1

DC 17 Toughness: 32

DC 17 Toughness: 31

DC 20 Toughness: 15 ; Hero Point to remove the Dazed, Gabriel gets a Bruise and an Injury

DC 20 Toughness: 20 (minus 1 for previous roll)

DC 20 Toughness: 27 (minus 1 for previous roll)

DC 30 Toughness: 17; (minus 1 for previous roll); Hero Point to Re-roll: 20, which squeaks into 30 with the +10 from the re-roll

DC 23 Toughness: 24

DC 18 Grapple: 30

So, Gabriel uses 2 Hero Points, 1 to shake the Daze and 1 to Re-Roll the Toughness Save. He gains 1 Bruise and 1 Injury. He is not Grappled.

Whew. Okay.

Beginning of his turn, I burn a Hero Point to prevent Fatigue due to his Extra Effort last round. All told, he's down from 5 to 2 HP.

He turns and pokes the Lesser Demon who tried to Grapple him.

Standard Action: Melee Attack

22, it's a DC 28 Toughness if it hits.

Done. :?

Greater Demon Dos 25 Dazed and Bruised

Carrie 16 Bruised 2HP

Gabriel 8 Bruised 3HP

Top of the round, Corrupt Inquisition is Swarming Gabriel 13 hits, ouch, DC 22 each, cause they're using swords and I really should of counted that before as DC 22, but it doesn't really matter at all, so no fuss in that. Greater Demon is dazed for the round, the lesser Demons are taking the round to demoralize Gabriel with intimidation, DC 29, DC 33, and DC 17 will saves to not be demoralized by the beasts of hell. Cause they are demons, Gabriel gets a +2 bonus for being a man of great faith.

Carrie's does a stealth check to remain hidden this round, 36, Inquisition can't see her and that's who's she's attacking. Carrie's gonna fully shift her attack since they can't see her and are thus flat-footed she'll hit all of them and with DC 32 attack they can't possibly making toughness save so they're all taken down by her takedown attack. She then attacks the Greater Demon again.

He makes the notice check though, so he does see her coming. So she has to make an attack roll though she is still completely power shifted, 17, she misses.

Last lesser Demon gets a chance to Notice Carrie, 33, nope. He attacks Gabriel instead, regularly, miss. Gabriel's turn again.

Lots of rolls.

First, Toughness. I'm going to do a couple sets of 5 or so, instead of 1 big set, in case I need to start deducting due to injuries.

14 is the first result. So that's a Dazed, and now 2 Injured and 2 Bruised (total).

That makes the 2nd save a 25 (minus 1 for the new Injury). All further rolls will each account for his injuries as they stack.

Then a 18; that's another Bruise and Injury, for 3 of each.

A (now) 13, which is....Dazed and then Injured/Bruised. That's 4

Then 13 again. So, up to 5 Injured/Bruised. Oh, and...re-dazed.

Time for 5 more saves.

This is no better.

15 gives Dazed and Bruised/Injured. That's up to 5 there.

14 gives the same, up to 6.

10 is a Staggered, Disabled, and Dazed, but hey, no loss to Toughness at least!

27 (even after the misses) makes it.

13 is just high enough he doesn't drop (for the moment, but he refreshes Daze is and is down a total of 7, so he's at +6 out of +13.

I'm going to roll the last 3 1 by 1.

21. Which is...not quite enough. So, down to a +5 Toughness on both tracks.

20 is also not enough. Down to +4

9. That's it, Hero Point Reroll.

9 again?. Ugh, well, that's "only" 19, so...another Bruise/Injury.

He's taken 10 Bruises/Injuries, leaving him with a +3 Toughness at the moment.

He is also Staggered, Disabled, and Dazed.

Now for 3 Will Saves. Looks like he'll be at +15

DC 29: 24.

DC 33: 33.

DC 17: 27.

So he failed on the first one. He takes a -2 to all his attacks and checks for a round.

I'll try to figure out something for his actual round in a bit.

Surprise Round for the Pope's Guard come to help the battle.

The Lesser Demons are flat-footed because of their sudden arrival. Four hits of DC 22 for each demon to take.

They all autofire across the lines for the demons and hit each one once.

First Demon is down.

Dos is Bruised x2 and Dazed

Tres is down

Quartro is Bruised x4 and Dazed

Greater Demon fires hellfire to burn the arrows coming at him, GM Fiat, so Carrie and Gabriel get an HP.

Now, Pope Guard iniative, 25.

Lesser Demon Dos 26 Bruised x2 and Dazed

Pope Guard (4) 25 Unharmed

Greater Demon Dos 25 Bruised

Lesser Demon Quartro 21 Bruised x4 and Dazed

Carrie 16 Bruised 3HP

Gabriel 8 Staggered, Disabled, and Dazed 2HP

So, yeah, on principle, I'm doing this.

First, I'm going to assume the demons are basically in front of Gabriel, rather than all around him.

Next, we're going to go with the fact that Gabriel is a staunch Catholic, and apparently the Pope himself is now in this room. Which means these demons need to be gone, and gone yesterday.

So on the advice of chat (mainly Shaen), here is the series of things that happens.

Free Action: Extraordinary Effort.

One part is to Stunt a power (described in a moment), the other is to Surge for an extra action (since Staggered and Disabled would normally curtail what he could do).

Now, for that power stunt....

Start with Rank 13 Corrosion for 39PP. Add the Area extra. We'll go with a General Cone. But that bumps us up to 52pp for the stunt, and he has only 26! So first we'll take the Action: Full Round flaw (hence the Surge above) to knock it back down to 39. Then we'll add Tiring, and bring it down to 26pp. Now he can pay for it (oh, how he'll pay).

So, in order, that will be:

A DC 23 Reflex Save for half effect.

A DC 23 Fortitude save against a Rank 13 Drain Toughness

A DC 28 Toughness Save.

The Cone is aimed at the Demons, and only the demons.

...Oh, and Gabriel will then drop Unconscious and hit Dying, though free Diehard means he stabilizes.

Lesser Demons miss the reflex save.

Both made the Fortitude save though,

Lesser Demon Dos toughness, 7, he's dead.

Lesser Demon Quartro 11, he's dead.

Now Greater Demon Saves

29, made reflex.

31, made Fortitude Save

33 Toughness Save

So Greater Demon is still intact.

So Pope Guard are now attacking Greater Demon

2 miss, 2 hit with high enough autofire to make it DC 25 toughness each,

Toughness Save One bruises and dazes, so his turn is gone, and it's Carrie's turn. She's disappearing for the round, so I'll take ten on her stealth roll making it DC 30

Demon Notice Check for Carrie, 28, so he doesn't notice her.

Okay so she completely power shifts her next attack then, and 10, misses. Uhh, reroll, 24, there we go that's a hit.

So DC 32 toughness roll for Demon,

21, so he's Staggered, yes.

Go to the next round, real quick,

They all hit, though one crit he's a minion so he can't get the bonus. DC 25

So toughness save for Demon,

He's dead, combat is over, the pope demons and the pope is fine, so everyone's going to rest.