Back in the Saddle (IC)

Cyroa

"It wouldn't hurt to see if there was a super-teen around who could use the money and is responsible, I suppose," Stesha decided, giving Ammy a gentle stroke on the cheek to wake her from her mid-meal nap. "Or even an adult. We don't have a lot of money to spare, but once I can get back to doing some work, we should be able to pay a decent hourly price." She sighed a bit at that. Stesha certainly wasn't ready to think about going back to work, but they did have bills to pay, and building a new world wasn't exactly an expense-free proposition.

"So," she said with a rueful smile as she lifted the baby for a burp. "I counted twelve more messages I have to respond to somehow, and about twice that for you. I think we're going to be busy bees, to pardon the expression, for the next little while."

Derrick nodded with a thoughtful expression. "I'm not sure who or where else to look honestly. I suppose we can ask some of our friends; they might have an idea or two as well." He wasn't too worried; something would turn up. Nor was money a real concern either and not just because it seldom occurred to either. Living on your own planet had its advantages. "I suppose I could keep some of the money I receive if we need it," he mused. Dark Star did make some money; he was a frequent researcher and assistant for ASTRO Labs, Star Island not to mention a little part time teaching at Claremont. That money had always gone to charities up till now however.

He chuckled happily. "I think even after we get our current 'backlog' addressed, we will be busy. Adjusting to our new life and treasure will take some time," he agreed. "But we'll be fine, I'm certain. We just need to adjust a little."