Arcturus

GranspearZX

• 2 weeks later...

20Q

1. Where is your hero from?

"I was born in Chicago. Moved to Freedom City when I was like 10."

2. How would your hero physically describe him/herself? Is this different from how others would?

"I was always a pretty athletic kid. A little on the heavy side when I was younger; I don't think anybody really thought I'd grow out of that 'pudgy kid' stage. Most people who see my old pictures don't even believe it's me. Puberty, huh?"

3. Does your hero have distinguishing speech characteristics or recurring mannerisms?

"Not really. I don't really have a good poker face though... if I'm annoyed with someone, they can definitely tell."

4. What is your hero's motivation?

"I want to DO something with this power. At first, all I was trying to do was keep my head above water and not let the Beast Rune consume me, but now that I understand it... I feel like I need to find some greater purpose.  I still don't know what that is... but I'm looking."

5. What are your hero's greatest strengths and weaknesses?

"My greatest strength? I guess it's my need to know things. I don't often act without understanding my situation, and there's always some cool new thing to learn. Sometimes I let my impulses get the better of me though... Can't even blame that on the Beast Rune. It amplifies the whole aggression thing, but it didn't create it."

6. What does your hero love? What does your hero hate?

"Well... I don't HATE anybody really. I mean... it seems like a lot of effort that's ultimately wasted on people. I hate situatons, not people. I hate bullies. I hate liars. That's just how I am I guess... real simple.

"Love is... a strong word. I mean, I never really thought about it. I love my parents I guess. Even my mom. Never mind what she did or didn't do. I still don't know why, but... y'know. Whatever."

7. How would you describe your character's mental and emotional state?

"Let's face it; I'm a control freak, at least when it comes to my own feelings. I spent so long just trying to guard my inner rage against the Beast Rune that I don't really know how to be any other way. I can always feel it though... just a constant, nagging annoyance at everything."

8. What does your hero fear the most?

"I... don't deal with water well. Large bodies of it, I mean. I had a bad experience once. Let's just leave it at that."

9. What is your character's greatest ambition?

"It used to be just living a normal life, but that's just silly. I mean, I have an ancient runic symbol on my back that lets me turn into an eight-foot bear. Still... the first user of the Beast Rune taught people how to survive against some pretty ugly odds. I guess that's all I really want... to be able to give something like that back to people."

10. How does your hero feel about the state of the world and his/her place in it?

"To be honest... I feel kind of invisible. For a long time, the threats I've had to deal with are stuff that no one really knows about. No one'll ever hear about an extradimensional demon preying on dreaming kids or vampiric monsters snatching the homeless off the streets. I'm surprisingly okay with that... I guess that's really my place in the world, at least right now--making sure the darker elements of the world stay in the dark."

11. Does your hero have any prejudices? How does he/she get along with others?

"I don't really like bossy people. I guess it's a little arrogant on my part, thinking that I'm a little smarter than most people, but I own that. So when someone tells me what to do, it doesn't usually go over well. Don't really have much use for authority, but I'm not gonna go out and break any laws or anything."

12. Where do your heroes loyalties lie? In what order?

"Family. Friends. And everybody else. Pretty much in that order."

13. Does your hero have a lover or partner? How do they feel about the hero now?

"I used to. but that was before the whole magic thing. I'm not even sure if she still lives in the city, to be honest..."

14. Does your hero have a family? What is the relationship there like?

"Well, my dad's in jail. I'm closer to him than anybody, and not just because my magic comes from the experiments that were done on him. He's been there for me even from behind prison walls, which is a lot more than I can say for a lot of people. My mother's... on the run, I guess. I haven't seen her in years. I haven't stopped long enough to look for her. I'm a little afraid of what traveling that road might look like... but I know it's coming."

15. How would the people closest to your hero describe him or her?

"Adamas thinks I overthink everything. He might be right... I've heard Errant say the same thing. When I don't think, though, stuff gets broken, so who knows? I'm sure there's a happy medium in there somewhere..."

16. Is your hero a role model?

"Me? Nah. I mean, I try to do positive things in public, but a role model? Nah. Too much pressure. Leave that to the real cape-wearing heroes."

17. How spiritual is your hero? Does your hero follow a religious tradition?

"Spiritual? Well... the Beast Rune is, in effect, a collection of animal spirits. I guess it does take a certain amount of spiritual awareness to even begin to commune with something like that. The tradition that spawned the Beast Rune is long dead, though--unless you count the Cult of the Beast Rune. Definitely not subscribing to that level of crazy."

18. Is your hero part of a team, or would he/she like to be? Why?

"It'd be nice to bounce some of my magical knowledge on other people. The only people I've ever talked to about it are a lot older than me, except for maybe Crow and Etain. Being on a team... sounds nice. The last time I tried to do something dangerous on my own, I ended up being mind controlled. Not fun."

19. How does your hero feel about the place of metahumans and aliens on Earth?

"Eh. I mean, who am I to judge? I mean, you never really know who you're talking to these days... and I know several metahumans who're just, y'know, regular people underneath all the other stuff. Pretty sure we can all coexist reasonably well."

20. If you could give one piece of advice to your hero, what would it be?

"Don't be afraid to just let stuff go. Sometimes, certain things really aren't worth holding onto."

Edited by GranspearZX
  • 1 year later...

Origin Story
When The Only Light Is Fire

Long ago, when the world was dark, Prometheus stole fire from the gods, and was ultimately punished for doing so. Before then, man despaired when the sun dipped below the horizon, and fell prey to countless denizens of shadow, both natural and otherwise. A single woman, a devout follower of the Goddess of the Hunt, took it upon herself to tame the darkness as best she could. A skilled and knowledgeable hunter herself, she recognized that physical skill alone would not be enough.

She pleaded through prayer with Artemis, and through prayer, she was given a trial--seek out the animals that dwelled within the wilds and tame their spirits. Though she didn't fully understand, she didn't hesitate to take on the endeavor. For two weeks, she lefter village and did not return. When she did finally go back, she was forever changed.

[--Work In Progress--]

Edited by GranspearZX