Alternate Powers

Kai927

I was reading over the alternate power rules, and became a little confused. What I am wondering is when buying alternate powers, beyond the cost for acquiring the feat itself, does the alternate power eat up power points?

As an example, buying Air Control rank 3, with Alternate Power (Blast 2). Would I have to, in addition to the 7 point cost for Air Control and the power feat, would I also pay the 4 power points for Blast, thus having a total expenditure of 11 power points?

Sorry if this should be obvious, I'm still slowly working out the system.

No there isn't an additional cost beyond the cost of the Alternate Power feat.

Basically The alternate Power Feat gives you an additional setting for the power useing up to the original powers PP value to create the Alternate Power. The two powers can not be active at the same time but it will allow you to get the flexibility many comic heroes show in the use of their powers.

For example Iceman can freeze things. He can use this to just do damage (Blast), or freeze you to slow you down/encase you in Ice (Snare), Or freeze the ground you are standing on (trip). Each of those are Alternate powers of each other and each has the same size pool of PP to spend on the power. You can not however freeze and damage the person with one use of the power needing to do one then the next round switch the array setting to do the other.