Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
eyeonthemountain

St. George's New Addition Galeb : Others Welcome IC

Recommended Posts

GAleb moved through the pre-dawn light, his huge weight lightly moving across the streets and sidewalks, incongruously not damaging a scrap of pavement, until he stepped on a can or some such and smashed it flatter than flat, almost making it part of the pavement it was now permanently attached to.

He knew where he was going, though he knew not much about this huge temple complex yet. Too many buildings, too many people, and too much damage when he moved. Galeb knew he was big, and cars, poles, and such did not survive contact with him for long. But today he was out, watching those colored lights carefully, hoping no one would run into him today. The last time was so embarrassing. He was supposed to guard the petitioners, not damage their cars, but the cars were so fast, and came out of nowhere. it was hard not to step on them, or just be in the street when they came whizzing around a corner.

So now here, he was, near St. George's church, and the look of the building, though totally different from those he had guarded long centuries before, was familiar in its feeling; peace, and the contact possible with higher powers.

So outside the church he stood, waiting to see a priest, easily identifiable by their white roman collars, one of the reasons he had decided to visit this church first.

Share this post


Link to post

GAleb moved through the pre-dawn light, his huge weight lightly moving across the streets and sidewalks, incongruously not damaging a scrap of pavement, until he stepped on a can or some such and smashed it flatter than flat, almost making it part of the pavement it was now permanently attached to.

He knew where he was going, though he knew not much about this huge temple complex yet. Too many buildings, too many people, and too much damage when he moved. Galeb knew he was big, and cars, poles, and such did not survive contact with him for long. But today he was out, watching those colored lights carefully, hoping no one would run into him today. The last time was so embarrassing. He was supposed to guard the petitioners, not damage their cars, but the cars were so fast, and came out of nowhere. it was hard not to step on them, or just be in the street when they came whizzing around a corner.

So now here, he was, near St. George's church, and the look of the building, though totally different from those he had guarded long centuries before, was familiar in its feeling; peace, and the contact possible with higher powers.

So outside the church he stood, waiting to see a priest, easily identifiable by their white roman collars, one of the reasons he had decided to visit this church first.

Share this post


Link to post

GAleb moved through the pre-dawn light, his huge weight lightly moving across the streets and sidewalks, incongruously not damaging a scrap of pavement, until he stepped on a can or some such and smashed it flatter than flat, almost making it part of the pavement it was now permanently attached to.

He knew where he was going, though he knew not much about this huge temple complex yet. Too many buildings, too many people, and too much damage when he moved. Galeb knew he was big, and cars, poles, and such did not survive contact with him for long. But today he was out, watching those colored lights carefully, hoping no one would run into him today. The last time was so embarrassing. He was supposed to guard the petitioners, not damage their cars, but the cars were so fast, and came out of nowhere. it was hard not to step on them, or just be in the street when they came whizzing around a corner.

So now here, he was, near St. George's church, and the look of the building, though totally different from those he had guarded long centuries before, was familiar in its feeling; peace, and the contact possible with higher powers.

So outside the church he stood, waiting to see a priest, easily identifiable by their white roman collars, one of the reasons he had decided to visit this church first.

Share this post


Link to post

Galeb waits outside the church for a good half hour before some of the early parishioners start coming to the dawn mas.Galeb waits silently and still, and many of the people probably think he is just a statue, though a very inappropriate one for a catholic church, being of some kind of pagan religion.

But Galeb is not a statue and he is watching, even though he does not move. He sends out his magical senses, but not detecting any spirits or demons around, at least not now.

The mass inside goes on for a good hour, and even though it is strange to Galeb, he recognizes the age-old rhythms and chants of worship. New words, new rituals, but the same purpose. Galeb always enjoys the masses and ceremonies, being born of one, peformed oh so long ago. How long even Galeb does not know.

But after the mass is over the young priest walks outsdie with the first few parishioners, a bunch of older ladies, more outspoken than most. One of the old ladies exclaims, Father Tom, what is that statue doing here? Why is it out here? This is a christian place, and that statue is..... well I don't know what it is.

Father Tom walks over to Galeb and frowns slightly, for he is sure Galeb was not here when he arrived two hours ago for the early mass, and cannot figure out how he came to be here. Bu in a city full of supers and .... others, it does not pay to be too careful, so he is slowly backing up when Galeb speaks, Father, I am called Galeb, and I have come to help you, to guard your Temple. and moves a bit to change position to a hopefully les intimidating one.

But to no avail. The movement startles Father Tom out of a year of growth at least and the older women scatter backwards, hands on chests in a flurry of squacks of surprise.

OOC:Any one to jump in?

Share this post


Link to post

Galeb waits outside the church for a good half hour before some of the early parishioners start coming to the dawn mas.Galeb waits silently and still, and many of the people probably think he is just a statue, though a very inappropriate one for a catholic church, being of some kind of pagan religion.

But Galeb is not a statue and he is watching, even though he does not move. He sends out his magical senses, but not detecting any spirits or demons around, at least not now.

The mass inside goes on for a good hour, and even though it is strange to Galeb, he recognizes the age-old rhythms and chants of worship. New words, new rituals, but the same purpose. Galeb always enjoys the masses and ceremonies, being born of one, peformed oh so long ago. How long even Galeb does not know.

But after the mass is over the young priest walks outsdie with the first few parishioners, a bunch of older ladies, more outspoken than most. One of the old ladies exclaims, Father Tom, what is that statue doing here? Why is it out here? This is a christian place, and that statue is..... well I don't know what it is.

Father Tom walks over to Galeb and frowns slightly, for he is sure Galeb was not here when he arrived two hours ago for the early mass, and cannot figure out how he came to be here. Bu in a city full of supers and .... others, it does not pay to be too careful, so he is slowly backing up when Galeb speaks, Father, I am called Galeb, and I have come to help you, to guard your Temple. and moves a bit to change position to a hopefully les intimidating one.

But to no avail. The movement startles Father Tom out of a year of growth at least and the older women scatter backwards, hands on chests in a flurry of squacks of surprise.

OOC:Any one to jump in?

Share this post


Link to post

Galeb waits outside the church for a good half hour before some of the early parishioners start coming to the dawn mas.Galeb waits silently and still, and many of the people probably think he is just a statue, though a very inappropriate one for a catholic church, being of some kind of pagan religion.

But Galeb is not a statue and he is watching, even though he does not move. He sends out his magical senses, but not detecting any spirits or demons around, at least not now.

The mass inside goes on for a good hour, and even though it is strange to Galeb, he recognizes the age-old rhythms and chants of worship. New words, new rituals, but the same purpose. Galeb always enjoys the masses and ceremonies, being born of one, peformed oh so long ago. How long even Galeb does not know.

But after the mass is over the young priest walks outsdie with the first few parishioners, a bunch of older ladies, more outspoken than most. One of the old ladies exclaims, Father Tom, what is that statue doing here? Why is it out here? This is a christian place, and that statue is..... well I don't know what it is.

Father Tom walks over to Galeb and frowns slightly, for he is sure Galeb was not here when he arrived two hours ago for the early mass, and cannot figure out how he came to be here. Bu in a city full of supers and .... others, it does not pay to be too careful, so he is slowly backing up when Galeb speaks, Father, I am called Galeb, and I have come to help you, to guard your Temple. and moves a bit to change position to a hopefully les intimidating one.

But to no avail. The movement startles Father Tom out of a year of growth at least and the older women scatter backwards, hands on chests in a flurry of squacks of surprise.

OOC:Any one to jump in?

Share this post


Link to post

Father Tom looks at the huge statue in fear and says, What do you want? Who are you?

Galeb tries to feel Father Tom's fear (1d20+9=14) and he tries to soothe the people (1d20+0=1) but fails miserably, and the women run away in a panic, and Father Tom reaches for his crucifix to ward off evil.

Galeb moves forward a bit and that sends Father Tom into the church and the ladies down the street, and Geleb stops where he is.

Galeb stands there, trying to figure out what to do next.

Share this post


Link to post

Father Tom looks at the huge statue in fear and says, What do you want? Who are you?

Galeb tries to feel Father Tom's fear (1d20+9=14) and he tries to soothe the people (1d20+0=1) but fails miserably, and the women run away in a panic, and Father Tom reaches for his crucifix to ward off evil.

Galeb moves forward a bit and that sends Father Tom into the church and the ladies down the street, and Geleb stops where he is.

Galeb stands there, trying to figure out what to do next.

Share this post


Link to post

Father Tom looks at the huge statue in fear and says, What do you want? Who are you?

Galeb tries to feel Father Tom's fear (1d20+9=14) and he tries to soothe the people (1d20+0=1) but fails miserably, and the women run away in a panic, and Father Tom reaches for his crucifix to ward off evil.

Galeb moves forward a bit and that sends Father Tom into the church and the ladies down the street, and Geleb stops where he is.

Galeb stands there, trying to figure out what to do next.

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×