Sagrado Corazon

Twenty Questions 

1. Where is your hero from? 

Mother is From Tampico but Chris grew up in a remote part of the inland foothills in Veracruz until age 12 when they emigrated to the US and took up residence in Vibora Bay.

2. How would your hero physically describe him/herself? Is this different from how others would?

Fit, Athletic, Young, Latino.  Others would probably use full sentences and talk about face/hair/eyes instead of the verbal equivalent of a chest only grinder pic.

3. Does your hero have distinguishing speech characteristics or recurring mannerisms?

Normally no.  Even in Vibora Bay it's important not to be 'too' ethnic so in professional settings he clamps down hard on his accent.  When upset more of it slips in, and when at the club he'll affect the slang of the latest season of Drag Race.

4. What is your hero's motivation?

As a hero he's looking to make people think of others more.  as a person he is tempted by wealth and fame just not willing to get it at others expense.

5. What are your hero's greatest strengths and weaknesses?

Greatest strength is solid moral compass.  He doesn't have doubt about what to do and acts almost without thinking about it.  This to is a weakness when he gets in over his head and he's not as durable as the average hero so that can be a problem as well as his powers lack of utility on targets not vulnerable to mental attacks.

6. What does your hero love? What does your hero hate?

He loves love and hates hate.  Which is simplified but pithy.

7. How would you describe your character's mental and emotional state?

Chris is uncertain if he's losing his mind from some tumor that is giving him psychic powers or if he's actually what the Voice says he is.  He's kinda hoping for the tumor.

8. What does your hero fear the most?

He should fear where his road leads.  But mostly he's afraid of wasps.  Hopefully as he ages he'll get over it and a more mature outlook.

9. What is your character's greatest ambition?

He wants to headline his own EDM festival.

10. How does your hero feel about the state of the world and his/her place in it?

He wishes the world was more accepting of him having a place in it but also is well aware he's got it pretty good on that front.  If he thinks about it too hard he'd like that to be true for more people like him in the US and abroad.  But when he thinks about deep subjects like that too hard the Voice gets alot louder about it's place for him in the world and then he starts thinking about something less important real quick.

11. Does your hero have any prejudices? How does he/she get along with others?

Chris genuinely thinks the best of people until they prove otherwise.  He's not so dumb as to be unguarded given prejudices people have against people like him, but he'd rather be unpleasantly surprised by a jerk than closed off to someone who's cool.

12. Where do your heroes loyalties lie? In what order?

It's complicated.  If you ask him he'd say his Mother, His friends, His community, the City the World.  He's worried that isn't true and that someday the greater good is going to put that to the test.

13. Does your hero have a lover or partner? How do they feel about the hero now?

Chris has a vibrant 'dating' life.  They don't know about his powers, his hero work, or often his full name.

14. Does your hero have a family? What is the relationship there like?

Chris still lives with his mother though more as a roommate than mother son.  She lets him have his space and is still young enough and active enough to appreciate some of her own.  He's very close with his mother of course, and trusts her with almost everything, though has not told her about the powers or the Voice, he doesn't want her to look at him differently.

15. How would the people closest to your hero describe him or her?

Fun loving and easy to like.  Generous, funny, and kind though a little sad under the facade.  They know there's something there he's not ready to share.

16. Is your hero a role model?

He tries to be.  At least in costume.  He knows how the city and country if not world look at heroes and that's alot of why he went all in on a costume and everything when he started getting involved.  He wants the world to know that Sagrado Corazon is a Gay Latino and for kids to look up to that image and know they can be who they are.  In his personal life less so.  He knows full well he's a bit of a disaster and while he isn't ashamed of how he lives his life he's not about to encourage any one that might look up to Sagrado Corazon to emulate Chris de la Cruz.

17. How spiritual is your hero? Does your hero follow a religious tradition?

Well that is the question.  Chris is deeply spiritual, he was raised too Catholic and seen, or been, too much that demands belief in something bigger.  But he knows the Churches stance on his sexuality and has seen too much of the abuse of power from the Church to trust his faith to it.  His mother remains deeply religious, though the way she talks about it Chris thinks it might be out of pure spite.

18. Is your hero part of a team, or would he/she like to be? Why?

He is not, mostly due to his youth and inexperience.  He'd do well on a team and would like to eventually find a place.

19. How does your hero feel about the place of metahumans and aliens on Earth?

People are people even when they're not.  Those with the ability to do so should try to help those who need it.  But part of people being people is that you can't say anything more about them in general.  Some are good some bad.

20. If you could give one piece of advice to your hero, what would it be?

Fate is what you make of it.  There is always a choice, it may be a terrible one, but you still choose and that matters.

The Questionaire!  

Introduction

Who are you? Sum yourself up in one sentence.
Just a man trying to leave this place better than he found it.

Do you have any nicknames, street names, titles, or nom de plume?
Well Chris is a nickname but alot more hire-able than Christobal.  There was a brief stint where I leaned into the family name and tried to be DJ Cris Cross, that's better left in the dumpster of history.

What is your full birth name?
Jesus Christobal de la Cruz Iglesias  is what's on my birth records in Mexico.  Cristobal de la Cruz on my immigration and citizenship papers.  The original first and last names were family names and mama isn't fond of her family at this point.

Where do you live?
Vibora Bay FLA.  Go Hammerheads.

How old are you? What year were you born (if applicable)? 
As of now? 20, almost 21.  Born in sept 98.

Physical Traits

What is your gender? If not applicable, please explain.
All man no matter what the haters say.

How would you describe your heritage?
Latino.  Grew up too out of the way to really key into Mexican culture when I was a kid, too old to be 'All American' by the time we got here.  So Latino, not some weird half and half Mexican/American.

How tall are you?
Tall enough to ride all the good rides?  5'9"

What is your body type?
Athletic, fit?  Gymnast build?  I mean there's a word for it but this isn't the place ;)

Do you have any particular weaknesses, such as allergies or physical disabilities?
Oh no Bullets!  My only weakness how did you know!

How do you carry yourself? Are you graceful, or heavy on your feet? Can you be stealthy, do you walk with confidence? 
Confident grace, I know who I am and am happy with it.

Describe your skin, eye, and hair color. 
Caramel, Chocolate, Espresso in that order what can I say I'm Yummy ;) 

How do you wear your hair, if applicable? Do you have facial hair?
Messy fade long on top with blond highlights when I can.  Clean shaven always.

Do you consider yourself attractive? Do others?
Is this where I'm supposed to humbly pretend I'm surprised everyone else thinks I'm hot?  Yea I look good and I know it.

Do you have any scars, tattoos, piercings, or birthmarks?
mostly faded scar on my left side right over my third rib.  Fell on a stake when climbing as  kid, little bit in either direction and it'd gone right between the ribs, got lucky I guess.

Do you resemble anyone famous?
I'd rather have it put what famous people resemble me.

Do you have a dominant hand?
Right handed.  But I can work with both.

What kind of clothing do you wear?
Flirty and fun, or whatever the uniform is.

Do you wear makeup?
I keep it light, little eyeliner at night sometimes, some gloss if I want to draw attention to my lips but I usually don't need it.

What is your vocal range? Is your voice distinctive in some way?
I have an impressive range, and yea it can be distinctive what with the carrying my will on the weak minded.

Do you have any distinctive habits, nervous tics, or mannerisms? Where did they come from, and what causes them? Do other people notice and remark on these habits? Do they annoy you or other people? 
Not really.  I mean I probably do but don't notice, god now I'm overthinking it, is that one?

History

Where do you come from?
Tampico?  That's where my moms family is from.  I never met them mostly grew up in convent for unwed mothers.

Have you made any major moves, or do you live in your hometown?
Yea when one of the Nuns went all old testament on me Mom got us out of there that night.  Took awhile but we landed in Vibora and haven't looked back.

Do you feel loyal to your country of citizenship? Do you consider yourself patriotic? How do you feel about the government of your country?
Of course I do i swore the oath and everything.  You guys ever think how weird it is that you all make immigrants do that but people born here it's just like assumed?

How do you feel about the place you come from? 
The Convent was harsh and boring which I guess is the point and possibly why it was illegal.  I never knew anything else of Mexico though and from what mom says that's good when it comes to her family.

Where is your home town? What was/is it like?
I think Mom tipped off the federales on our way out so the Convent got closed down.  It was a weird insular monastery int he hills.  Locals dropped off food on the regular but didn't stick around.

Growing up, were most of the people you knew similar to you, or were you somehow a minority? How did that affect you? 
I mean, I was like the only kid in the Convent, others got adopted out, therapists would probably say that not being wanted makes me sleep around or something but I stuck with my mom so I think it's probably just being a healthy 20 yea old.

Is there something you've always been really good at or really bad at? How has that affected your life? 
I've always been good at making friends even in the Convent the sisters liked me, when we got here I barely spoke English but bilingual kids were happy to help and I made alot of good friends.

Were there any traumatic experiences in your early years (death of a family member, abandonment, orphaned at an early age)?
I mean when Sister Josephine switched me for wearing moms makeup that coulda messed me up if mom hadn't made clear exactly how not ok that was.

Briefly describe a defining moment in your childhood and how it influenced your life.
I mean see above.  Learned you don't take nothing from no one no matter how much they think you owe them.

What stupid things did you do when you were younger?
Usual kids stuff, sneaking treats, sneaking out, thinking my mom didn't know.  (Editor's Note: He is still younger and doing his stupid things now)

Where did you go to school? How much school did you have, and did you enjoy it?
I did primary school with the sisters at the convent.  junior high and high school in Vibora Bay.  I've never  been an 'engaged' student.  But I met some good people there.

Do you have any mementos of your childhood? What are they, and why did you keep them? If you have none, why not?
I do not.  We got out of the convent with a couple changes of clothes and some stolen cutlery to fence for passage out of the country.  I wasn't really allowed much int he way of personal items while there anyway.

When did you decide to become a hero? Why? Did anyone influence you one way or another in the decision?
I don't know that decide is the right word.  It's just kinda happened.  Though I guess when I got the costume that pretty much was acknowledgement that it was happening.  I mean, the Voice acts like it's because of them.  But, you can't just not help right? what kind of world would that be?

Is the reason you give people for becoming a hero different than your real reason? If so, why?
I don't give people a reason.  That's my business.

Do you have any deep, dark secrets in the past that may come back to haunt you?
I don't really.  But, Moms family she doesn't even talk about them but I know she grew up with money, prestige enough that me coming along unannounced wasn't going to fly.  The Voice isn't in the past unfortunately but certainly not a secret.

Do you represent yourself as being different from who you really are? Why?
No.  Ain't nobody got time for that.

If you do have these secrets, what do you fear would happen if the truth became known? How far would you go to protect those secrets? 
I dunno what would happen if people knew about the Voice.  Most would probably think I'm nuts.  Hell I wonder myself.  But worse would be the ones who don't, I can't be that for people no matter what it says.

Do you have any sort of criminal record? If so, is it public knowledge?
I got busted for curfew, drinking, drugs a few times in high school.  I was a minor so sealed records.  I have a truly impressive number of unpaid tickets if that counts? 

Family

What are your biological parents' names? 

Maria Guadalupe De La Cruz
Were you raised by them? If not, please explain and describe who raised you.
Mom raised me.  Sisters tried to stop it but then we left.

What was their standing in the community? What did/do they do for a living?
Moms family was something big but she hasn't been part of that for a long time.  Around here she's respected in the neighborhood, and at work.  She's head of hospitality at one of the beach resorts.

Where are your parents now?
Mom is probably working late.  Or on another Tinder Date.  Gross.

Did your family stay in one area or move around a lot?
I don't think I saw the outside of hte convent till we left.  Since then, we've been a few places.

How did you get along with their parents? How do you get along with them now (if applicable).
We don't talk about moms family.  I guess I could look them up but why? I got nothing to say to them.

How do your parents view you now, or how would they? 
Mom thinks I need a real job, college, to settle down find a nice boy and get tiny spoiled dogs.

Do you have any siblings? If so how many and what are their names? Describe your relationship with them.
Only child, fingers crossed since mom started dating again (gross)

What was your birth order in the family?
N/A

Where are your siblings now (if applicable)? Do they have families of their own? What do they do?
N/A

Do you stay in touch with them or have you become estranged?
N/A

Do you love or hate one member of the family in particular?
Probably grandpa.  I know he was the one that kicked mom out, I don't get how you do that to your own kid.

Is any member of the family special to you in any way (perhaps, as a confidant, mentor, or arch-rival)?
Mom I guess.  I mean she's always been super mom, taking care of me.

Are there any black (or white) sheep in the family (including you)? If so, please explain.
That would be me and Mom yea.  She got pregnant with me at 15, unmarried, guy not in the picture even.  They sent her off to a home for unwed mothers, then she took off when the Sisters tried to discipline me.  If they care enough to think about it she'd be the cautionary tale.

Do you have a notorious or celebrated ancestor? If so, please explain, including how it has affected your life.
Yes this one is of the unbroken line    NO!

Do you have a partner and children currently? If so, please describe them.
Whoo boy no.

If you do not have a partner or children, do you want them someday? How firm are you in your opinion on this, and what might change your mind?
I don't know.  One person forever?  Seems it would get stale but I mean maybe I haven't met the right guy?  No kids.  Well no kids of mine, not really up for taking one for the team and plenty of kids need parents if I get the nesting bug.

What type of person would be your ideal mate?
Summers with Anderson Cooper, Winters with Idris Elba?

Relationships

Do you have any close friends? If so, please describe them, and how you came to be close to them.
Alot of them moved away after high school, went on to college somewhere, or work, one guy into the coast guard.  I guess this is that post high school drift everyone talks about.

Do you have a best friend? If so, how did they become your best friend? How close are you to your best friend?
Not really.  Kinda more the social butterfly.

If you were to go missing, who would worry about you?
Mom, Franco whould worry he'd have to cover his own shift for once.

Have you lost any loves? If so, how did it happen, and what did you do?
Nah.  but I'm young? whoa dark.

Do you have any bitter enemies? If so, please describe them and their history with you.
Those that take the Blood for granted shall stand against   Not that I know of. 

If you have enemies, how do you think they might attempt to work against you in the future?
Lets move on.

What is the worst thing someone has done to you?
I guess I'm lucky that nothing has risen above the level of racist and homophobic slurs.

Where do your loyalties lie? In what order?
Probably to Mom, then like my community.  The world?  that sounds like too much but like we all do what we can?

Who or what do you trust the most? Why?
Mom.  One thing I have learned is she has my back even if she doesn't like what I'm doing.  Not that that'll stop her from telling me exactly what I should be doing instead.

Who or what do you despise? Why?
Racists and Homophobes.  Like I get it, I can't stand people who think country is music, but I'm not saying they should get kicked out of the country or be drug out in the streets and shot.

What qualities do you admire most in other people? Are these qualities you possess?
Patience I guess.  I see people who have been fighting their whole lives just to be seen as people and they still fight and manage not to be mad just resolute.  It's amazing.  I'd like too have that kind of awareness but man it takes so long ;)

What qualities do you hate most in other people? Do you have any of those qualities?
Hate.  People who just hate without knowing a person.  And yea I guess I do.

Do you have a secret identity? If so, who knows it? Do you hide it from people who are close to you? Why? 
I do.  People already talk about Sagrado Corazon like he's more than a man and I can't handle the pressure.  People are looking so hard for something that I can't be for them.  Even without the religious stuff I can't be on duty all the time I'm a mess and people need the symbol not the disaster behind it.

Do you work well on teams and in groups? Are you a leader or a follower?
I do well on teams.  I'm not really a planner?  but I can get a team worked up for hte big game as it were.

Are you on a super team? If so, how do you get along with your comrades? Do you trust them, or do you have secrets from them?
I am not.  Maybe someday but this whole thing is so new and, yea I dunno.

Are you a member of any church, fraternal organization, club, committee, political party, or other group? How much time do you spend on that?
Technically?  I mean I'm sure I'm in the rolls at moms Church, I sometimes go with her to christmas mass.  Not lately though, Churches are kinda ALOT right now with things.  I'm involved with some LGBT orgs in and out of costume but try hard not to cross the beams.

Personality & Beliefs

Who are your heroes?
I'm not really down with idolizing people like that its unfair to me and them.  But I guess like the big names in justice, MLK, Cesar Chavez, Harvey Milk.  Wow I put the names out and realize what a sausage fest even social justice is.  Depressing.

Did you ever become disillusioned with former heroes or idols? If so, why and what were the circumstances?
Well see above, yikes.  Sorry I'm having a moment.

Do you like being a hero? If so, what is the most rewarding part? If not, what makes you keep doing it?
I do.  It's really satisfying being able to make a difference and see it.

Is there anything that would make you give up hero work, or even switch sides?
I mean no?  We all eventually run out of luck and time I guess but like...  yea this is getting Dark.

What are your short term goals (what would you like to be doing within a year)?
Get a Paying DJ Gig

What are your long term goals (what would you like to be doing twenty years from now)?
Get a Paying DJ Gig, I kid.... kinda I'd like the music to take off though.

What is your greatest fear? Why? What do you do when something triggers this fear?
I dunno, Bees?  Right 'Serious' I worry that the Voice is just me losing my mind, or that it's not.

Is there anything you would give you life for? 
Lets move on.  Martyrdom is a sensitive subject.

How do you feel about money and material wealth? Do you desire it or disdain it? Are you miserly with what you have, or do you like to share? Is it a mark of success, or a means to an end?
Yes please?  Anyone who says they disdain wealth have never gone without it tru fax.  Not that that stops me from sharing I just wish more people would.  I mean it's a means to having food and shelter?

How do you generally treat others?
I try to be kind.  I don't always succeed.  A friendly joke isn't on the wrong day you know?

Are you a trusting person? Has your trust ever been abused?
Too trusting my mom says.  I mean yea that's why it's trust.  If it wasn't a risk it wouldn't be trust it would be the objectively smart thing to do.

Are you introverted (shy and withdrawn) or extroverted (outgoing)? Do you have a lot of self-confidence?
I am Extra

How do you act around attractive, available members of your preferred sex? 
See above?  I'm a flirt and a ho.

What are your most annoying habits?
yikes See above?

Do you feel contempt for any general category of people? Who are they, and why?
I try to give what I get.  So yea.  I get pretty contemptuous of the Racists, Homophobes and demagogues that use it for power.

What is your favorite food? Do you prefer any particular type of food? Do you take the time to enjoy your food, or do you eat as fast as you can?
I'm a sucker for a good ceviche.  Overall I'm pretty open to food but like it on the spicy side.  Vibora Bay is a good place for it.  I mean I take my time when there is time to take but usually it's on a break at work or the beginning of a date so I got other things to do to earn my keep yea?

What is your favorite drink (alcoholic or otherwise)?
I'm underage so... Sweet cocktails mostly.  Shots if I want to get a buzz going.  4 Loco was pretty key to a stretch of my life.

What is your favorite treat (dessert)?
I like the sour sweet stuff mostly.

Are there any specific foodstuffs that you find disgusting or refuse to eat?
Poutine?  There is this thing with gravy in way too much 'American' food.

What is your favorite color? Are there any colors you dislike?
I like lots of colors. A full rainbow you might say.  Yea I'ma be 'That Bitch'

What sort of music do you like? Is there any that you hate?
Depends on mood honestly.  I mean EDM broadly but I like some pop and even some of hte folksy ballads when the mood strikes.  I was gonna say I can't stand Country but.  Well Old Town Road.  So I guess not!

If you have a favorite scent, what is it?
Petrichor

Do you have a favorite animal?
Puppies!

What is your most treasured possession? Why?
Uhm.  I guess my DJ deck.  Mom and I saved up for like three years for it.  It's not anything fancy but it gets it done and 

Do you enjoy "roughing it", or do you prefer your creature comforts?
Noooooo.

Is there a job or a task you would absolutely refuse to do?
Lots?  I guess that is part of the problem.  Mom says I'm too picky.

Do you consider yourself a spiritual person? If so, how do your beliefs affect your life?How important is it to you?
I do.  It's compex though.  I do believe in a higher power.  My connection was supposed to be ineffable, now that it might not be I don't really know what to think.

Was your faith influenced or molded by anyone special?
My mom really shaped alot of my beliefs of course.  But she really showed me that you can have faith even if you don't necessarily believe in the Church.

If you belong to a religious organization, how often do you attend? Do you have a specific place of worship, or friends within the organization? How much do you agree with the beliefs of your organization? 
Technically a two mass Catholic, and I skip one of them.

Could you kill? Have you killed?
I have not and don't know if I could.  I think there has to be a better way.

What circumstances led to you forming that conviction, or taking that action?
It's just a waste.  There is a balance, if killing would prevent other deaths but is that he only way?  For now for me it isn't.

Are there circumstances under which you believe it is permissible to kill? What are they?
Permissible?  Lots.  Cops have permission to kill when they feel it's warranted, Soldiers have rules of when they can or can't.  Reasonable?  That's different.  There are better answers.

How would you react to watching someone kill another person? Would your reaction be different if the killer was a friend or an enemy of yours? 
I would be very very sad.  It doesn't matter who's life is taken or who's taking it.  The world is worse for it.

How would you react if something important was stolen from you?
Be mad?  Try and get it back.

How would you react to public humiliation?
Turn it to my advantage?  (I make this look good)

How would you react if a good friend or relative were purposely or accidentally killed? Has it happened to you?
I've not lost anyone like that but it's been close.  I don't know how I'd react, I like to think I'd do something to honor them.

What do you consider to be the worst crime someone could commit and why?
Genocide?  I mean kinda softball, I guess with aliens we could go so far as Xenocide?

If your life were to end in 24 hours, what five things would you do in those remaining hours?
Dinner with friends?  I don't like to think about it.

Career & Training

Do you have any special training in your hero skills? If so, where and how did you get it?
Lord no.  It just kinda happens.  I mean I do have the Voice telling me things but that is less training more, something else.

Who taught you the most about your heroing abilities? What was your relationship with that person?
Yea I'm willing to acknowledge the Voice as a presence, but not so sure on entity no less person

Do you have any particularly unusual skills? How did you acquire them?
I pretty much don't have a gag reflex?  Seriously though I wish.  I'm a good DJ but not unusually so.  I am a pretty keen student of people.  I've spent a lot of time trying to understand others.

Do you do something besides hero work for a living? Have you ever done anything else, or do you plan to?
Bartend, DJ(wishful thinking), wait tables, spent a couple summers cleaning pools, less exciting than pop media would have you believe.

What is your preferred combat style?
Avoidance?  When pushed into a fight I rely on my powers to stop the other guy.

Have you ever received any awards or honours?
I was employee of the month at Burger King one month, Place closed the next month.

What skill areas would you like most to improve in? Is there anything you can't do that you wish desperately you could?
Music, heck even doing better at the basic school stuff would be handy?

How do you act around people who are more skilled than you in areas you'd like to improve? Are you jealous, or do you try and learn?
Watch and learn mostly.

Lifestyle & Hobbies

What is a normal day for you? How do you feel when something interrupts this routine?
Get up, go to work if I gotta beach if I don't,  hit up the club and try to close it out if I don't get a better offer.  Not much routine but any interruption is probably gonna be a good time?

Do you have any hobbies, or interests outside hero work? What are they, and where did you pick them up?
Music, dance.  Music has kinda always been around for me.  Mom woudl argue that what I do has nothing to do with her old CDs but that's the root.

What do you do for fun?
Club, beach, somewhere with people and music.

Do you have a costume? What does it look like?
I do, very cirque.  Shimmery bodysuit with a red accent ribbon and cute vestlet.  Easy to move it and looks good.  Little mask to cover hte eyes but really mostly rely on no one knowing who Chris de la Cruz is.

How do you normally dress when not in costume?
tees and shorts for the beach to show off the goods.  bright colors and good fabrics at the club.  Mom says I spend too much on clothes and shoes.

What do you wear to bed most nights?
Nothing if the night went right.  Really in general.  If I get in too late I've been known to sleep in what I was wearing walking in the door.

Do you wear any special jewelry? What is it, and what does it look like?
I have a simple cross in silver.  Usually wear it under my shirt.

Do you have a special place where you keep your valuables?
oh to have valuables enough to need a place for them.

What's your preferred means of local travel? How about long distance?
I usually public transit it.  Drive if I'm in a hurry but parking and gas and all that.

Miscellaneous

Have you ever made a will, or tried to make arrangements for your death? What provisions did you make?
Morbid again greaaaaat.  No.  I don't really have enough to divy up and try not to think of the end of hte line too much.

If your features were to be destroyed beyond recognition, is there any other way of identifying your body?
Isn't that the definition of 'beyond recognition'?

What would you like to be remembered for after your death?
I mean I'd kinda rather not be.  Like I want my friends to think well of me but like, I hope to be a footnote in history at most.

Do you believe you pose a threat to the public? Why or why not?
Probably but who doesn't?  I mean I could harm people.  I don't cus I'm not a frickin psycho

What do you perceive as your greatest strength?
I know I'll do the right thing.

What do you perceive as your greatest weakness?
I know I'll do the right thing.

As a player, if you could, what advice would you give your character? Speak as if he/she were sitting right here in front of you. Use proper tone so they might heed your advice...

Fate isn't written, even by gods.  There may be a price to doing the right thing but it's a choice you get to make, never forget that.

Sagrado Corazon:  Origins  

"Miho where are you going dressed like that?"  Maria lamented as Chris emerged from his room looking down at the so tight they looked painted on jeans and rainbow ombre shirt open nearly to his navel with a shrug, "The club?"  he replied with a grin, “Too formal you think?” he looked over his shoulder down toward his shapely rear and back to his mother, “I mean I guess it’s warm I could go for the shorts ...”  he teased knowing how she felt about ‘THE shorts’.

He jogged into the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge to hydrate on the way out, “I’m taking the bus so be home before they stop running.”  he promised and turned for the door.  

“You never going to find a nice boy going out at all hours like that” she replied with a heavy disapproving sigh gesturing to his sultry club wear.  “You be quiet when you come in some of us have work in the morning.” Maria commanded bitingly as he took his leave and she topped off her wine as she headed for her own room murmuring a mothers lamentation about the youth as she did.

Chris jogged to the corner and lounged absently poking at his phone as he waited for the bus.  He glanced uncomfortably at the homeless man leaning up against the inside of the bus stop shelter when he heard the odd muttering.  He glanced to the sky with clouds threatening rain and with a sigh dropped his fare home in the cup at the mans feet. He’d beg a ride if he had to.  “Hey man maybe see if you can get a bed yea? Gonna be a wet one.” he warned as the bus approached. The lack of response puzzling but this wouldn’t be the first person down on their luck to pass out and talk in their sleep.

Chris dropped his fare in the till suffering the glare from the driver who had a schedule to keep that did not include waiting on the circuit boy not willing to buy a damn pass.  The bus lurched from the curb as Chris stumbled toward a seat, planting himself for the ride downtown and pulling out his phone to see who was gonna be out tonight that he might bum a ride from.

When the bus reached the central station Chris hopped out and hoofed it the last few blocks to the club where his friends were already inside.  He waited in the line eyeing the guy behind him who was high enough to be quoting scripture under his breath apparently and hoped it wasn’t some westboro thing, but given the outfit too much molly and a serious priest kink looked more likely.

Presenting his ID and a winning smile to the bouncer he was laying on the bedroom eyes heavy enough to miss the sky high jacked truck pulling into the side lot.  “Wow you must work out.” he praised transparently as he gave the mans bicep a squeeze. It worked and despite his age Chris was handed back his id and a phone number.  

Stepping into the club Chris slowly made his way through the foyer letting his eyes adjust to the dim light he paused just shy of the door into the main floor shaking his head slightly as the music was drained out by a blaring of horns that was almost deafening and an echoing command that he turn and face destiny.  He staggered a moment and slowly turned only half aware of why. He blinked in confusion the bouncer lay on the ground in the doorway he could see people screaming but couldn’t hear a word, the molly kid was trying frantically to pull the bouncer out of the door. The shooter ignored them as he stepped over the body and in slow motion raised the barrel.

There was a bright light behind Chris, he didn’t know where from, maybe a spotlight, but that couldn’t be right the doors were shut.  He stared forward and met the man's eyes. “SHOW HIM!” boomed a voice from nowhere and everywhere all at once. Chris stared into the eyes of pure hate and suddenly there was a twisting sensation in his mind and he saw the man’s past laid out, saw him following the nervous woman home till her brother ran him off, the slurs sprayed on lockers, the rocks through the window of a mosque, the fists raining down on his girlfriend when she tried to leave.  His sins laid bare.

The gun wavered and fell from his grasp.  The shooter collapsed on the floor sobbing, fetal, terrified and broken.  Chris stared down at him for a long moment nudging the gun away and shook his head.  He’d been shown the monster everyone else saw and didn’t like what he’d seen. The Voice in his mind was pleased.  The sinner had been shown the error of their ways. Chris was horrified.

He staggered forward and looked down at the bouncer.  He wasn’t moving, “No” Chris proclaimed and there was a chorus in his mind as the bouncer drew a rattling breath.  Sirens could be heard in the distance and Chris looked down into the awestruck face of the molly kid who probably was stone sober the mutterings he now knew had been in his head.  He was losing it. He ran.

He arrived home as dawn broke.  Drenched to the bone. His mother looked up as he opened the door.  The Local news had shots of the police tape in front, national news hadn't picked it up, it had been unsuccessful after all.  Marias face was streaked with tears and she ran to him pulling Chris into a deep hug, “Dios miho, I thought …” she didn’t finish the thought and pulled back to look at him making sure he wasn’t hurt.  “What happened?”

Chris shook his head, “Uhm, I dunno, there was this noise and…”  he trailed off looking blankly at the TV until she turned it off.  “I ran.” he explained and shrugged, “I, I dunno I just ran.” he shivered in his wet clothes and Maria let it lie.  “You get out of these wet things, I call in sick already.” his mother never called in sick. She stepped away pure business starting the shower, “Warm up miho I’ll make you breakfast.”

Chris leaned his head against the wall in the shower letting the water flow over him warming him slowly.   The Voice hadn’t stopped. He had greatness inside him. He was destined for great things.