The Demonic Invasion of Freedom City was a citywide event that occurred around November 9-11, 2009, and also encompassed events in the ten preceding days. After learning of a plan by his demonic father to kidnap him and use him as an entryway into Earth Prime, James Prophet (Hellion) a Claremont student and member of Young Freedom, left his school and his team to confront the forces of Hell on his own. He was quickly overwhelmed and despite the intervention of his friends, kidnapped and brainwashed by the demonic forces.
Ten days later, he returned as a demonic villain, bringing the massed forces of Hell along with him. They ravaged the city, leaving the heroes to gather in small bands to protect each other and what civilians they could. Young Freedom faced down their much-changed teammate and were able to reach the humanity still inside him enough to turn him back to the side of good. The demons were banished and time itself was rolled back by divine intervention, so that to this day, most people in Freedom City are totally unaware of the entire event.
- The Morning Of James and his best friend Erin (Wander) spend an early morning together, playing video games and talking, with James never revealing that he's trying to say goodbye.
- Vignette: The Letter James leaves a note for his friends before going to make his last stand.
- Speak of the Devil On Halloween Night, James' friends find the note he left and go to find him.
- Another One Bites the Dust Hellion confronts the forces of Hell, which turns out to be a terrible plan. Young Freedom comes to assist, waging a pitched battle with the demons, but in the end, they cannot prevent him from being dragged down and away by the demons.
- Fallen Friends Wander and Psyche work through the night in Young Freedom's HQ, battling despair as they keep looking for signs of Hellion.
- Invasion: Riverside Gate Hellion returns to Earth with the armies of hell. While the other heroes of Freedom try to hold the buckling city together, Young Freedom faces down their teammate in a desperate bid to turn him back to the side of good.
- Rapprochement With the crisis passed, James sets about mending some fences, and retrieves the keys to his beloved car.
- Invasion: West End Newly-formed superteam The Interceptors battle to save civilians from being rounded up by demons in Freedom City's West End. They save the day, but only at the cost of the life of their leader, Jack of All Blades.
- Invasion: Hanover As Freedom City is transformed into the newest circle of hell, Dr Archeville, Tempest and a handful of young heroes try to protect ArcheTech from being taken by the rising tide.
- Invasion: Pramas Bridge Geckoman, Fulcrum, and a few other heroes fight to protect the Pramas Bridge, a lifeline for anyone fleeing to safety through the chaotic city.
- Invasion: Southside Veteran hero Arrowhawk and newcomer Wesley Knight team up to protect their home neighborhood from a huge swell of demons.
- Invasion: Riverside The unearthly hero team The Midknighters face a huge mass of demons intent on obliterating dimensional guardian Phantom, one of the only obstacles still standing between them and victory.
- Invasion: Danger Manor With the rest of the city overrun, the remaining Interceptors, the Midknighters, and the city's other remaining heroes fall back to Ace Danger's heavily warded manor, along with all the civilians they can handle. With no viable options except to hope that Young Freedom can close the gates, the heroes prepare a last stand, then fight for their lives and their world when the barriers fail and Hell rushes in.