Room of Danger (first edition)

How did this happen? Who knows? The point was that Mannequin had found himself in an abandoned warehouse. Except even that didn’t seem right. There was something…off about it. It was like someone’s idea of an abandoned warehouse rather than a real one. There was a voice as a woman in neon blue striped black appeared almost out of nowhere. “This is a test. Let’s see what you can do.” The woman cracked her neck and assumed a combat stance.

This wasn't the first time Mannequin has found himself lost in some random place with random people nor will it be the last. He remembered fondly of the time he was doing a stakeout on a local crime syndicate disguised as a storefront mannequin just across the street. After nodding off he found himself in the middle of being loaded into a shipping container going across the ocean. Regardless he didn't have time for it then and he sure didn't have time for this now.

"I don't know who you are but I have no time for your "tests". If you release me now we can forget about the kidnapping and go our separate ways."

The woman in blue and black shrugged. “You have no idea how ironic you talking about time to me of all people is.” Her voice was not the same as the other one. “We’re in the same boat. I don’t know where I am, either. Apparently we’re supposed to fight, and honestly? I’m having a bad day, and kicking your ass sounds like the perfect remedy for my mood.” The gloves on the ends of her hands glowed brilliant neon blue. She took aim, and a virtually unceasing barrage of neon blue energy leapt at Mannequin. “The name’s Aeontron. Don’t worry, I won’t kill you.”

Mannequin rolled with the beam as it struct him turning it from a direct hit to a mere glancing blow leaving nothing but a small stain on his white plating.

"Well Aeontron, I too appear to now be in a bad mood thanks to you." With that Mannequin fired off his right arm like a rocket right towards Aeontron.

Aeontron sidestepped the flying fist as if it was moving in slow motion. Mannequin couldn’t see her eyes, but she was rolling them. “If that’s the best you can do, it doesn’t matter how tough you are. Especially when I can do this!” As if on cue, a neon blue copy of her (standing where she’d be standing before dodging Mannequin’s fist) unleashed more energy blasts at the mechanized scientist. Aeontron herself unloaded with another set. “Time control is kind of my thing. You’re not just fighting me. You’re fighting me and my temporal echoes.”

Mannequin was caught off guard for but a moment upon seeing another copy of his foe but a moment was all it took for a slip up. Unable to react fast enough Mannequin was hit directly leaving a small crack. He was not happy to find out that the enemy not only had time powers but also a mean streak, not a good combination in the least. Mannequin would feel a lot more comfort in knowing whether or not knocking her out would accidentally cause some sort of time paradox at best or a black hole at worst. Decided to not dwell on this outcome Mannequin needed to stop her before something bad happened and with that Mannequin started pumping out his Prevention Haze.

Aeontron couldn’t see or hear a thing. It was…kind of annoying, honestly. She was sure her temporal echo was attacking, but…you know what? Screw it, she was stopping time. It was the most powerful thing she could do, and took some serious effort. If vision had been available to her, she could have seen her gauntlets glowing incredibly brightly as she slammed them together. A translucent neon blue wave spread out from the impact. She’d taunt this idiot again, but 1) she couldn’t hear what she would be saying and 2) he was probably too time frozen to hear her anyway. So whatever.

Aeontron flinched away from…something, virtually on instinct. The little bit that touched her costume was very sticky. That could’ve been a problem. Sometimes stopping time didn’t stop the people inside the zone, which was when she would try again. When nothing else came flying at/hit her, she assumed it worked and sped out of the affected area. It was so nice to be able to see again. Sound was back, too. That cloud was a hell of a thing. And now, the plan. She opened up her helmet’s hacking protocols. Perfect. Those three forklifts would do nicely, for a start. She was more than just her time controlling tech, after all.

With irritation Mannequin wondered to himself if his opponent could now teleport instantly or if he had somehow been put into stasis.If she could now teleport at will then things are going to be much more annoying. Regardless this was something he would have to figure out later. She may think she can hide but Mannequin planned to deal with pesky things such as cover with his built in radar and his extreme reach that his magnetic control gave his limbs. If he had a mouth he'd be smirking as he launched his still detached arm right over the cover and straight towards Aeontron.

Aeontron staggered as the loose fist found its way home. Electricity jolted her body most painfully. She needed to turn this around. With a spare thought she directed one of the three forklifts into the sight and sound blocking haze, and tricked the electronics into leaving the gas valve open. KABOOM. The haze was blown away in a heartbeat, exposing (most of) Mannequin inside it. “There we go. Let’s try this again.” Her gauntlets glowed again, and she blasted away.

Jumping out of the way of the forklift turned explosive Mannequin wondered the structural integrity of the building only to be cut short by another blast from Aeontron. It didn't have any lasting impression but it could have and for that he scolded himself for getting side tracked. However it seems that she too got sidetracked and forgot all about the fist that was still near her.

Aeontron was once again rocked by electricity. She fought for consciousness, shaking off the stunning voltage, and once again unleashed a barrage of chronal energy at Mannequin. With the beams still in the air (and her temporal echo’s beams as well) she ran past him with enough speed to stir up dust and a breeze as she went by.  “Enough with that fist, already.”

Man she must have the willpower of gods to not black out from the voltage! Maybe if I wou- And there is another blast...Oh great she has super spreed now because of course she does. Need to limit her mobility... Maybe a good grab would do.

Sending the detached arm after her at max speed like a heat seeking missile Mannequin couldn't help but be glad that he went with the more speedy version than his more bulk form.

Nope, she wasn’t far enough away, That arm blazed after her like a heat seeking missile, only it was a big tackle that sent her to the ground. This wouldn’t do. It was just too strong. She couldn’t get it off. So, Plan B again. The two forklifts revved their engines and sprang forward, ramming into a support beam each. Then she did the gas valve trickery again, and KABOOM. The roof came down, right on Mannequin. Well…and further back. And entirely too close to where she was pinned to the ground. Another six inches, and that could have really hurt.

As the roof can crashing down on Mannequin he tried to jump out of the way but there was simply too much to avoid and a few moments later he was buried under a mound of rubble too thick to  see from.

"Are you out of your mind! You could of brought this whole building down on us!"

Not wanting to move just yet to avoid a sudden cave in and be crushed by the rubble upon him he used his still free arm grappling the girl and let it shock her. 

The shocking arm, once again, frickin’ hurt, but Aeontron was able to shrug off any other effects. “Well, it was either that or be pinned down by a flying arm of all things. Which would you choose?” She stood up in an instant. Her gauntlets glowed brightly in that neon blue shade, and she slammed them together. “I mean, this is a fight somewhere other, right? So it doesn’t matter what gets destroyed. Oh, and I’m freezing time now.” The wave of energy rolled out again.

Well. He was good and stopped. Again. Aeontron breathed out…but the fight wasn’t over. So, let’s keep it going. She reached out with Datalink, and found a nice big van. She drove it through a wall under a window. “Oh, yeah. This’ll do nicely.”

Edited by EternalPhoenix
  • 2 weeks later...

"Whats the soun-" Mannequin was suddenly interrupted by a large van bursting through the walls, no doubt called in by the girl. Unfortunately for her he was able to move several tons of metal and it just so happens that vans are made out of metal. Wanting this fight to just be over Mannequin went for a W. Separating his body he busted through the rubble holding him down letting the girl gaze in despair over his magnetic mastery as he floated in the air. "I have had enough of you and this pointless fighting! Behold the power I command!" Reaching out Mannequin felt the van move as he sent it flying towards her. He tried to not use this as well throwing full sized cars at people tends to be fatal but this girl was a lunatic who is more than willing to bring the entire building down potentially killing them both. Besides she is a time manipulator she should be fine.

Aeontron was not fine. She did manage to halfway dodge the flying van, but it still knocked her sprawling to the ground. She wasn’t quite knocked out, however the very air seemed to shimmer all of a sudden, and for Mannequin everything went black. Only for a moment, though, as he was soon looking up at the cowled face of a fellow hero. The bright orange T more or less gave her heroic identity away, which was the point. Still, she (and it was a woman) introduced herself. “I am Terrifica. Sit up carefully, please. I’m not certain if your systems are entirely undamaged.” She stepped back, and Mannequin could easily recognize the warehouse from earlier. Only it was undamaged from his fight. He was on a metal table, with wires and technological equipment everywhere. Aeontron was nowhere to be seen, however there were several unconscious goons in low grade power armor scattered across the available floor. “If you’re functional, Mannequin, I’ll be on my way.” Knowing someone’s name without being told would elict a surprised glance from anyone. “They had files. Apparently they’re working on a training simulator. I called the police to pick up this crew. I was surprised to find you here, though. From all appearances, they didn’t have the ability to capture a hero. As such, it seems their boss wasn’t in when I dropped by. Rude, but I’ll track them down.” She turned to go, longcoat fluttering as she moved. “Be safe out there.”