Pi Epsilon Delta Chapter House, Freedom City University. Saturday, August 26th, 2017. 10:05 AM

At the eighth floor, Casey slid open the vintage elevator gate, which shrieked delightfully; everything here felt timeless and ageless, and somehow that thrilled her. She paused to peer over the railing of the stairwell, all the way down to the tile floor below, and then turned her head upwards to marvel at the stained glass dome overhead. "I love it," she murmured to no one in particular. Finally she began to make her way towards her designated room, and learn just who 'Maria Sangre' really was; she knew she was from New York, Puerto Rican and fiercely proud of it. Casey also knew that she had some kind of freaky superpowers that involved the human body somehow. Did she dare share her own secret identity? Probably not, at least until she knew this girl better.

The blonde bruiser made her way down the hall, dragging two wheeled carry-on bags, one in each hand. On her back was a massive backpack; not a little daypack like you'd give to your middle-schooler, but a full-on mountaineering grade beast. It was full to bursting, but she carried the load easily. In terms of clothing, she wore a pair of Teva sandals, khaki cargo shorts (how many pairs did she own?), her photographer's vest over a Colorado Rockies T-shirt, a pair of glasses, and a brand-new FCU baseball cap. She smelled of musky organic soap, sugarless mint gum and a healthy sweat.

She found the right door on her letter from PED and politely knocked before poking her head in. "Hello, new roomie warning! Hide all your, uh, drugs and alcohol and stuff!"  Yeah, that sounded way funnier in her head. Her voice bore just a hit of a Southwestern twang, and her smile was positively radiant.

Edited by Heritage

Be it ever so humble, there's no place like home. This place, while nice, did not have the home feel. It was like school. School masquerading as home. But it would be nice to have connections. And connections came though schmoozing it up with the Greek society. It would do for now. Just a stepping stone to greatness.

Carrying four duffel bags of different sorts and sizes - it wasn't hard to carry just unwieldy, two on her shoulders, two in her elbows, two in her hands - she saw her roommate knocking on the door as she was on her way to it. She caught wind of the statement and rolled her eyes. This girl was all about the wholesome shtick. She was sure it was all a ruse. No one was that twee unless they were twelve. Still, Maria whistled shortly, to get her roommates attention "Hey Cassie," she misremembered her name. They had only seen each other in passing. Maria was too busy talking head at that Stephanie girl. She was good for a debate. Smart like a whip too. "Kind of full here. Can I get in?" Her tone was direct, not confrontational, but blunt. Like she was carrying several heavy bags and needed to put them down.

Edited by Moira Morley

"Oh, sorry!" The big blonde sort of scuttled out of the way, holding the door open with an elbow as she dropped her carry-on bags just inside the door, but off to one side. It seemed like she'd forgotten about her backpack as she came back into the hall to help her new roomie.

"Here, let me take some of those for you," Casey offered as she gently slid the bags out from under Maria's elbows; she handled them effortlessly, like they were a set of pompoms. "Do you have a side preference?" She indicated the two beds on either side of the room with a casual wave of a duffel bag. "I'm pretty much good anywhere."

Edited by Heritage

Maria nodded as Casey took some of the bags, "thanks." She dropped the bags on her hands and shoulders once she got in the room. She breathed a sigh of relief. It was worth it it though. She didn't get her work out last night and was highly irritated for doing so. It didn't replace it, and she would get a session in tonight. Looking around the room, she quirked an eyebrow. It was small.

"Aye, I'd like to take the window," she said eyeing it. She looked to Casey and grinned, "I need easy access to the outside, doing the hero thing." She reached out a hand to Casey, "Maria Sangre. I haven't thought of a hero name yet but I'm thinking of something like Corazón or maybe something 'regal' like Sanguine." She spoke quickly and concisely, not too fast where Casey couldn't understand her. Grinning wide, she showed off a small pair of fangs, "don't worry I'm one of the good guys. They know what I do here."

Inside Casey cursed herself (very mildly) for not grabbing the bed closer to the window, but she wasn't the one who was 'out' as a superhero, so it was probably only fair that Maria get it. Besides there were advantages to being close to the door, anyway. Dropping her backpack on her bed, she reached out to shake Maria's hand; her grip was surprisingly strong and confident and she had a few callouses, so she apparently wasn't averse to getting a little dirty.

"Casey Blankenship," she replied as she squinted a bit to take in her fangs. "Wow; so those are the real deal, eh? What kind of powers do you have?"

Edited by Heritage

"Casey" she nodded. Corrected, yes, now Maria wouldn't forget it. She had a steel trap of a mind of remembering people she worked with. And seeing as they were roommates as well as sorority sisters, they would definitely working together. In fact, she made a note of somehow making Casey her number one. The strong grip impressed her.  She might ask her what kind of program she used when they got settled in. The gym was Maria's secondary home. If she didn't get four hours of a work out a day she felt angered at herself.

"My powers involve manipulation of blood. human or otherwise," Maria rattled it off like a badge of pride, "I can make you better or worse. Any thing that makes you sick? Poof, gone! Also i can move you around like a rag doll or puppet, and make your blood go bad." She stopped to look at Casey's response. Most would be disgusted by now. "But nothing bad on you, girl. Unless you start robbing banks or some such." Her smirk was self-congratulatory. "Also i float. I really don't know. It has nothing to do with the blood." She picked her own feet off the floor, evening out their six inch difference. "Casey," she said  in an almost cadence beat in her voice, "I swear, as long as you're not a villain or some kind of criminal, I'll protect you like every other person. Probably even more, now that we're sisters, and roommates."

At first, Casey was a little thrown by Maria's description of her powers, but she tried not to be too judgemental; after all, she considered Aquaria to be a friend, and lots of people thought the Deep Ones were bad guys. "Dang, those are...unusual powers." Part of her wanted to laugh when she saw her new roomie floating all of six inches off the floor, but that would have been very rude, so she kept it together. "The healing thing is really cool, though; do you ever visit hospitals or places like that? They might be really happy to see you on the burn unit at FMC."

When Maria made her vow of protection, Casey felt a little warm in the cheeks, and she was touched; it had been a while since she'd made any kind of oath, and she found she missed it. "And I've got your back, too, sister; 'Pi Til You Die', right?" She offered out her left hand for an even firmer shake, and held her right hand up making the Girl Scout pledge sign. "I swear on my honor as a Scout."  The way she said it made it sound dead serious, like she'd take a bullet for her; who knew the little cookie sellers got so hardcore?