Starting New Campaign -

Ryoga

i've been Jittery lately, I want to RP pretty badly, and I'm kind of in 'stasis' with my PL6 character, so I need something to do. I want to come up with something that will advance my character and other characters, but I was hard pressed to come up with something interesting.

Now, lacking experience with playing MnM, nevermind DMing it, this will be primarily RP based. I'm looking to see some good, fun RPing.

So my quest to do this started with what scenario I wanted to do.

- Did I want a super-powerful villain that would go wrecking crew until some heroes banded together?

- Did I want to take out a base of henchmen and their mad master?

- Did I want to do a bounty round-up of villains, or just clean up a neighborhood of villains.

Either way, I wanted roughly 4-5 people in on this. Myself being one, so 3-4 people that are not me.

The first idea was a tad cliche' and I wasn't all that up for it.

The third idea was nice, since it fit more with the personality of my character, and remains a good possibility, tied with...

The second idea. A base of Henchmen would allow or all involved to make Closed posts, so there wouldn't be many rolls, if any. It would be mainly rolled at the end, when we faced off with the boss. the only problem with this is character integration. Why would Captain Communist team up with some other heroes to take out a base of villains?

The only reason I could find for the latter was that the villains were a target to the heroes, and Captain Communist wanted to take out the group to gain a name for himself.

So...If your interested in either of the two ideas, let me know here with what one you like, and what character you'd want to put in it.

I'm accepting neutral and good characters.

Okay, so I based this idea off of a 'Caper' in 'Crooks!' MnM book. But I'm going to be tinkering with the ideas throughout and changing a bit around. here's the general premise.

Premise:

In the country of Turkey, ‘The Unifier’ has taken over and his troops have stared a man-hunt for all para-humans in the area. Stories of his trained troops finding a way to de-power the parahumans and being taken away to who-knows-where haunt any para-humans still left. Little to no news of this has reached Freedom City, only small groups know of it due to one para-human who escaped and came to FC for help, hearing of it’s abundance of powerful heroes. Lacking knowledge of the city though, the hero known as ‘Ratchet’ metal molding shape-shifter, went directly to the governmental offices and called for help.

No one there could directly help, fearing repercussions of getting involved in another nations dispute, so the mayor sent out a call to all heroes. He knew there would be little response, for many were pre-occupied, but he had to do something.

The mayors call was in the form of a letter sent to all heroes and neutral figures with powers or means to stop this mad-man.

’Calling all Para-Humans!

’Turkey has come under the hand of a horrible dictator named ‘The Unifier’. He has amassed a military force of Anti-Para-Human soldiers who have developed a primitive weapon that ‘de-powers’ para-humans. The weakened and hunted Para-humans that he has been hunting down for some time are then taken away for testing to an unknown facility. Help your fellow Para-Humans, stop this dictator before his power spreads! I can not openly condone this, so this message never existed as far as we are concerned. America cannot become involved at the moment, but please, you must do something.’

Oh, and you probably should submit your NPCs (like the Unifier), since the characters from Crooks are technically from an entirely different campaign setting. This may mean altering some of the background material so they fit into FC better (some suggestions on how to do so can be found here).

• 2 weeks later...