Diaspora

olopi

Now that I've grabbed your attention with a title that says nothing, let's get to the actual part:

http://www.freedomplaybypost.com/topic/9834-see-the-universe-join-the-praetorians/

This was posted a while ago, and Diaspora is the result of that!

Now, I'd hesitate to call this an event, I'm personally envisioning it as a series of threads, sometimes running parallel, sometimes individual.

But, enough of vague talk about things that aren't entirely decided yet (can you tell just how AMAZING I am at this stuff? :P )

Diaspora:

There has been an influx of people arriving in various systems, in a part of space that usually doesn't get any real attention. Communication is not always easy, but it's clear they're fleeing from something. And the systems they are arriving in are not handled to deal with the sudden explosion in population.

Now it's up to the Praetorians and various people operating independently to figure out why this is happening, and how to prevent the situation from turning bad!

This thread's here as a way to gauge interest, essentially. If you've got a character in space and feel like getting involved, tell me, because threads will happen and having more people around's a good thing!

I will also upload various guidebook entires relating to all of this over the next few [Unit of time that seems feasible].

Olopi, suggestion I have is for the group threads to deal with the main issue of the Diaspora Fleet's origins and base purpose, while the solo ones are about the impact it has on Known/fringe space. 

Of course there's the obvious problem of the solo threads not being as seemingly important as the group, leaving people with relatively little incentive to do any.

So as second suggestion, what if you, me, Tiff and any of the other poor fellows trying to make this happen worked out some long-term effects and talked with some of the other players how they'd put a spin on it to be relevant to their PCs? That way we have a little more customization, a little more reason to care and a better story.

My character, Professor Peculiar, is an experienced dimension-traveler... sort of a magical Doctor Who/Willy Wonka blend. His backstory deals with helping some refugees escape an interdimensional warlord, so if there's a chance Peculiar might hear about these refugees then he would almost certainly get involved. His first fear would be that the warlord had followed him and his refugees to this universe.

• 2 weeks later...