[Announcement] "What Price Freedom?" Vignettes

FC:PbP is offering the community another "vignette" opportunity. If you'd like to read about our New Years Vignette exercise look: HERE and HERE. If you weren't around in those days (or even if you were), keep reading to find out more!

Who: Any player who is interested . . . for one or both of their characters.

What: Write a 1 page (single spaced) vignette about your character that will take place on July 4th (game time) and has some thematic relationship to the concept/idea/virtue of "freedom." The vignettes don't have to be patriotic necessarily nor are they limited to heroes only . . . they just have to be about "freedom" in some way. If you want to write this cooperatively with another player/character, that is fine, but the submission should be about 1 page per character involved.

When: The deadline for submission will be July 3rd by 5:00 PM EST (GMT -5).

Where: The story can take place anywhere in or around Freedom City you like.

Why: To enhance our community, to flex your writing muscles, to think more deeply about your character, and to earn a bonus PP for your character for the month of July.

How: Once your story is finished and proofed, PM it to one of the staff members (not Barnum). When all the stories are in, one of our staff members will post them to the appropriate forums.

**Also note, there is a chance there there may be some judging of the submissions going on . . . with some prizes. Seriously. :D

Post here with questions.

As with the New Years vignettes, about one page is what we are looking for. If it is longer that's fine, but my guess is most won't be by much. We didn't measure them or anything last time, but if a submission looks significantly shorter than one page, it won't be considered in the contest (should there be one ;) ) nor will it earn a PP award (also same as last time).

As with the New Years vignettes, about one page is what we are looking for. If it is longer that's fine, but my guess is most won't be by much. We didn't measure them or anything last time, but if a submission looks significantly shorter than one page, it won't be considered in the contest (should there be one ;) ) nor will it earn a PP award (also same as last time).

Thanks!

Just asking because at my present line of work "one page" means "I'll stop reading at the bottom of that page."

• 3 weeks later...

Well I managed to do a good one from Grim, for whom freedom is a big issue, but I wasn't able to finish the one for Gossamer in time; it's just as well, since the freedom analogy was a real stretch. I'll take out the 4th of July references and put it up in the News section when I finish it later this weekend.

Off to see me some fireworks, Chicago style!

• 1 month later...

After much consideration, deliberation, meditation, rumination, and throwing darts at things hanging from walls, we have reached a conclusion!

First off, everyone who participated in the vignette-writing contest has earned one extra pp for their character!

Secondly, the winner! The winner -- who shall receive an as-yet-determined (due to some last minute [censored]) prize -- is... Geez3r, for his "Mantle of Freedom" vignette!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Wait- what!? :shock: I won? Ummm. Wow, like really wow... just wow. Did not expect that, ever... like at all. Wait where are my manners?

Thank you for this honor, and I will do my very best to continue creating literary works for your viewing pleasure. Once again, thank you.

Oh wait, almost forgot the most important part.

:bunny: :monkey: :bunny: *Does a happy dance* :bunny: :monkey: :bunny: