Attaaack of the Killer Potatoes (hashing it out edition)

RedSpine

Ok so the current idea runs something like this.

Doctor Deoxy has come up with a fabulous new invention that could turn the farming world on it's ear, Self-harvesting Plants! Starting with the ever versatile potato Doctor Deoxy is set to unveil his creation in a small but public press conference. Unfortunately for everyone involved something goes wrong with the Potatoes as they rise up and begin the attack the assembled citizens, press, and Heroes!

Luckily Mannequin and Salvo are among those attending the conference and the trio of science minded heroes can stop the spuds from devouring everything.

Sounds good to me!

As i mentioned in chat he's irresponsible as a scientist but ultimately heroic and moral as person, it would be extremely unlikely he would create a species of super potatoes without a way to wipe them out if the need arose, though what that is i leave to your discretion if he has indeed included one this time, that and he would be hard pressed to contain an outbreak single-handedly and would probably put an emphasis on discovering what went wrong and why.before or in the process of dealing with the problem.

57 minutes ago, Exaccus said:

As i mentioned in chat he's irresponsible as a scientist but ultimately heroic and moral as person, it would be extremely unlikely he would create a species of super potatoes without a way to wipe them out if the need arose, though what that is i leave to your discretion if he has indeed included one this time, that and he would be hard pressed to contain an outbreak single-handedly and would probably put an emphasis on discovering what went wrong and why.before or in the process of dealing with the problem.

You know, if this wasn't a one-shot the Potatoes' killswitch malfunctioning could be an impetus for more adventures with the trio.

Who could've been intelligent enough to sabotage Doctor Deoxy's work? More importantly, who would've had the motivation and will to go to such lengths to humiliate hun? Was it really just chance or is there a more sinister hand pulling the strings? What shall they do next when the trio of SCIENCE! heroes is on their trail?

If we do make it a more than one thread i can see three options for the purpatrator myself

1. An Enviromentalist agenda villain with plant control who either disagrees with genetic modification of crops or wants genetically modified minions.

2. A natural or induced mutation of the original crop possibly by an over eager or disgruntled colleauge.

3.doctor deoxy got a little bit ahead of himself and has a field elsewhere already filled with them, rushing to killswitch them he finds several are unaccounted for possibly because theyre part of a electromagnetic physical hivemind. Where each potatoe is a neuron.