GM

Eastern Seaboard Bank

Wading Way, Freedom City, New Jersey

Thursday, July 27 2017

12:30 PM

Tellers working lunch hours at a bank knew they were a part of the peak shift.  It was the busy period when everyone could sneak away from their day to make a quick withdrawal or deposit without disrupting whatever else they had going on.  That extra bit of traffic alone would account for the increase in pay for anyone working the busy shift.  Anywhere else that is.  For Freedom City's own E-Sea, the prime tellers were instead earning hazzard pay.

Yet again the popular destination for criminals whose plans started and stopped with the words 'I want to rob a bank today', was being held up.  "This is a hold up!  If you don't want to get a taste of my Devil Ray's you'll--uh shut up.  Yeah just shut up or else."  A distorted voice called out from a jet black demonic looking helmet.  It was the all too familiar site of the infamous Devil Ray.

The Crime League's own superarmored aquatic thug was pointing his gauntlets at everyone.  While three men wearing animal themed luchador masks (A wolf, puffer fish, and owl respectively) backed him up.  The trio were making demands to be let into the safety deposit box whilst Devil Ray continued to simply bully the victims in the bank lobby.  A result of which began to bring media attention to the latest E-Sea robbery.

Moira was around the area. Her phone was out of power so she actually had to use a bank! It was weird. Before she left, app phones were barely a thing. Now that she was back, Lynn and Gretchen taught her the ways of doing most everything by way of apps. She knew of the beleaguered bank's troubles. Ever since the party kids robbed the place years ago it's like a rite of initiation for some criminals.

It should have been an  in and out trip. But she had to luck up on such an outing for some jabronis. Of course she was caught out of costume. Squid man - Devil Ray, whatever - was looking pretty boss though. What he lacked in clout, he sure made up with it in style. She sighed and raised her hand, "hey mister, is this gonna take long," she taunted him with a smile. While she might not have been in her heroic persona, she could teach him not to mess with civilians.

Thaelia did not have a bank account with E-Sea.  Really, she didn't have any surface bank account.  Her monthly stipend was often kept in cash, and the number of people willing to steal from a muscular woman standing at six feet tall were few and far between.  Even fewer once they recognized her as the powerful princess of Atlantis.

Still, ever since the Atlantean Invasion the self-proclaimed Daughter of the Seas had hardly slept.  She wasn't haunted by the events of the war.  No, she instead felt obligated to repair the rift left in the relationship between the surface and sea.  Interrupting even the smallest of crimes, Glamazon could be spotted at all hours patrolling the city.  No crime too small, but as of late the excitement had been far and few in between.

A fact which possibly made her the sole person excited to hear that the Eastern Seaboard bank was being robbed.  Charging through the swinging glass door, glass breaking as she made her way through, the Atlantean demigoddess immediately began to proclaim.  "Fiends, now is your chance to surrender.  Lest I present you with a gift most unfavorable.  The gift of battle!"

GM

"Hey lady, I said shut up!"  Devil Ray pointed his gauntlets threateningly at Moira.  Clearly taken off guard by the fact she wasn't following instruction.  Especially as he had given a single instruction.  Not even bothering to relocate all the hostages to a single side of the bank.  Before he could fire a blast from his electric stingers, he was once more taken aback by the sound of glass shattering.  Turning to face the statuesque member of the Freedom League Auxiliary Devil Ray sighed.

"Oh c'mon..  This isn't even an Atlantean temple this time!"  Having frequently been routed from his attempts at deep sea savalging from both the forces of Atlantis and Siren, Sea Devil could easily recognize the Atlantean princess' royal armored formal wear.  The three masked men accompanying Devil Ray continued to not say a word.  Instead they grabbed a female teller and forced her to the back.  Not turning  towards the latest intrusion or rowdy crowd at all.  One did, however, stop to look at his watch.

"Oh, me," Moira acted surprised, "see I don't think I shout have to cower to an, admittedly awesome costumed, a-hole." She shrugged but before she could say another word, she heard glass breaking. "See, in my city, Darth Fisherman, we have heroes," she grinned. Looking at the large woman about to snap into the villain of the moment, Moira could have held back. Though she heard 'Atlantean'. She sent a message up to Olympus, "Like, our Atlantis? You have any info on this girl?" She was connected to Aphrodite her mother, Ares her father, Apollo her love, and Dionysus her close friend, "if not poke Poseidon, if you can, see what he knows." All the while she was talking, she glowed a golden color. She figured that the amazonian looking woman would be taking care of things, but she was very visible now.

• 5 months later...

GM

"Oh, I'm sure Poseidon would have his fare share to say on his daughter.  Or maybe he'll say nothing.  Let's just say there's a reason he doesn't answer calls for a summoning to Earth.  Much like your bracer channels those who share you a connection to. Her blood channels the Argonauts"  Aphrodite answered her tone moving from matter of fact to enthusiastic as she changed the subject.  "Now on to the important bits.  Her love life is quite entertaining.  Doomed romance, really, the best sort.  Endless source of entertainment to watch."

Devil Ray was quick to show that Glamazon was not the only one willing to cause destruction to the bank's structure.  A shot from his electric stingers fired upwards and an explosion bellowed forth afterward.  Devil Ray visibly jumped back in shock, clearly this was not part of his master plan  The bottom of the second floor began to collapse, though by fortune no one below was crushed.

As the rubble and furnishings piled on there was a barrier separating the villain from his Olympic assailants.  With Devil Ray taking a moment to taunt the heroines.  His voice fading all the while.  "Ha!  Serves you right suckers."

"Thanks for the run down," Moira sent up another message, "we'll talk about important stuff later. Right now I'm going to see what happens. Put my two cents in if need be. Do stick around if you want to see some action. No, not that kind."

Moira looked at the mess, "really? I guess your costume really is the only thing going for you. Brains are pretty lacking," she taunted the fish villain. She rushed a few bystanders out of the way of the falling rubble, taking a few superficial hits herself. "Heroes, mind you," she pointed at Devil Ray, "come in many shapes and sizes!"

"I hate him."  Thaelia loudly stated as the last of the rubble began to form a wall between Devil Ray and her.   Having dived to cover up a mother and child before they could be crushed by the rubble  Devil Ray as she knew of him, which was second-hand accounts was a bit of a planner.  Compared to his more meticulous compatriots in the Crime League was still the dumb muscle.  But, smart enough to set charges ahead of time to plan for such a contingency.  It didn't make too much sense unless he could suddenly fly.  But, the Glamazon was not known for thoroughly thinking her actions through.  And Devil Ray could monologue his plan after he gets beaten to a pulp.  So Thaelia turned to Moira who had declared herself a heroine not by her statement but in her actions.

"Would you aid me in giving the Ray of Devils a beating most severe?"  Standing as she spoke the statuesque woman would rotate her hand and point at the exit.  Appearing much like someone spinning a sign advertising latest coupon deal in a local fast food place rather than a royal from Atlantis.

Moira nodded. The girl was fresh out of the pond it seemed, at least linguistically. "<Yeah, I have your back,>" Moira affirmed in Greek, "<but I insist>," she glowed gold one more time, her flowing costume appeared, "<let's do this more formally!>" Moira smiled, "<there are more things in heaven and earth...>" She could never finish that statement right. Still, it was time to take fishy down. Rushing twoard the makeshift rubble wall, it was easy enough to plow through with her strength. Ray had disappeared though. "So, he's going to make his defeat more severe, is he," she asked her self rhetorically.

Edited by Moira Morley