Diana, Woman of Clay -- Wildcard --PL 6

Wildcard

Player's Name: Wildcard

Power Level: 6

Characters Name: Diana

Alternate Identity: None

Height: 6 feet even (assumed actual height)

Weight: 400 pounds

Hair: Brown

Eyes: Brown, no pupils

Description:

A tall, full-figured woman made entirely of mud of one form or another; in some places light brown and hardened solid, and in others dark brown and fluid.

Background:

Diana doesn’t know how she came to exist, but she understands that she used to be a life-size clay statue created by Deborah, and that is enough for her to believe Deborah is her master.

Diana started working with law enforcement when Deborah’s workshop was robbed. She aided the police in the capture of the criminals, and it was this incident that brought her abilities to the attention of the superhero community.

When Diana isn’t working, either for Deborah or with other superheroes, she spends her time outside the workshop on her own garden.

Stats:

Str: 14 (+2) [4 pp]

Dex: 14 (+2) [4 pp]

Con: 0 (null) [-10 pp]

Int: 8 (-1) [-2 pp]

Wis: 4 (-3) [-6 pp]

Cha: 4 (-3) [-6 pp]

Combat:

Attack: +4 [8 pp]

Defense: +4, +6 with Dodge Focus, +2 flatfooted [8 pp]

Initiative: +2

Grapple: +5

Saves:

Toughness: +6 [6 pp]

Fortitude: X

Reflex: +8 [6 pp]

Will: -3

Skills: (24 skill points)

Craft: Artistic 4 (+3)

Diplomacy 4 (+2); +4 with Attractive

Disguise 4 (+2); +30 if using Mimic to disguise her appearance; +15 if using Mimic to disguise her voice

Knowledge: Earth Sciences 4 (+3)

Medicine 4 (+3)

Search 4 (+3)

Feats:

Ambidexterity

Attractive

Chokehold

Diehard

Dodge Focus 2

Improved Grab

Improved Grapple

Improved Pin

Improvised Tools

Prone Fighting

Sidekick 6: Deborah Lee

Powers:

Immunity: Fortitude Saves [30 pp]

Regeneration (Recovery Check +0, wounds recover per round with no rest) [13 pp]

Regeneration check: +0

Wounds: per round, no rest

Power Feats: Persistent, Regrowth

Alternate Power Set

Snare 3 (Ex: Engulf, Blocks Vision) [9 pp]

Insubstantial 1 [1 pp]

Elongation 9 (90 ft.) [1 pp]

Mimic Appearance 6 linked with Mimic Voice 3 [1 pp]

Drawbacks:

Cannot mimic colors without Deborah Lee's aid and preparation. [+?? pp]

DC Block:

ATTACKS: SAVE DC: DAMAGE TYPE:

Unarmed Attack 17* /Toughness Bruise

Snare 12 / Reflex Helpless

Costs (Diana): Abilities (-16) + Combat (12) + Saves (6) + Skills (6; 24 skill points) + Feats (17) + Powers (55) - Drawbacks (0) = Total Cost (90)

Sidekick: Deborah Lee

Height: 5 feet 4 inches

Weight: 130 pounds

Hair: Red

Eyes: Blue

Deborah was the artist ‘responsible’ for Diana’s creation; specifically, she crafted Diana’s body. She has no idea how Diana came to life, but takes care of her nonetheless. The two are very close. She even taught Diana how to grow her own plants and craft her own clay statues. Diana is convinced that Deborah is her master. Deborah owns a small artist’s workshop.

Stats:

Str: 12 (+1) [2 pp]

Dex: 12 (+1) [2 pp]

Con: 12 (+1) [2 pp]

Int: 10 (+0)

Wis: 10 (+0)

Cha: 8 (-1) [-2 pp]

Combat:

Attack: +1

Defense: +1

Initiative: +1

Grapple: +2

Saves:

Toughness: +1; +2 when wearing leather jacket

Fortitude: +3

Reflex: +1

Will: +2

Skills: (24 skill points)

Craft: Artistic 8 (+8)

Drive 4 (+5)

Intimidate 4 (+3)

Knowledge: Current Events 4 (+4)

Notice 4 (+5)

Sense Motive 4 (+5)

Feats:

Equipment 9 (grants 45 ep)

Powers:

Healing 2 (Fl: Only works on Diana) [2 pp]

DC Block:

ATTACKS: SAVE DC: DAMAGE TYPE:

Unarmed Attack 16*/Toughness Bruise

Light Pistol 18/Toughness

Pepper Spray (to avoid initial spray) 15/Reflex blindness, stun possibility

Pepper Spray (to negate stun effect) 15/Fortitude Stun

Pepper Spray (to recover) 11/Fortitude (-1 per round) Pepper spray effects persist

Equipment:

Headquarters: Deborah’s Workshop (an abandoned auto shop and junkyard)

Size: Large [2 ep]

Toughness: 10 [2 ep]

Features: Artistic Workshop, Automotive Parts Yard, Computer, Fire Prevention System, Garage, Living Space, Mechanical Workshop, Power System [8 ep]

Vehicle: Deborah’s Pickup Truck

Strength: 20 [0 ep]

Speed (land): 100 MPH [4 ep]

Toughness: 10 [3 ep]

Size: Large [1 ep]

Features: Super-Movement: Sure Footed 1 [1 ep]

Items

Camera [1 ep]

Cell phone [1 ep]

Laptop [1 ep]

Leather Jacket [1 ep]

Light Pistol [6 ep]

Pepper Spray [15 ep]

Costs (Deborah): Abilities (4) + Combat (4) + Saves (4) + Skills (7) + Feats (9) + Powers (2) - Drawbacks (00) = Total Cost (30)

All the things under Immunity 9 (life support) are also covered by Immunity 30 (Fort effects); you don't need the former if you have the latter.

Alternate Power Set

Snare 2 (Ex: Engulf, Blocks Vision) [6 pp]

Insubstantial 1 [1 pp]

Elongation 6 (60 ft.) [1 pp]

Shapeshift 1 (PF: Improvised Tools; Fl: Limited to shapeshifting hands to geometric shapes) [1 pp]

So the Insubstantial, Elongation, and Shapeshift are all APs or her Snare?

Shapeshift, like all other VPs, are not at this time allowed.

There seems to be something off on her Sidekick: she seems to have 21ep worth of equipment (which should be listed in her feats as Equipment 4, not Equipment 20).

All the things under Immunity 9 (life support) are also covered by Immunity 30 (Fort effects); you don't need the former if you have the latter.

Ah, I see what you're saying about Immunity. At first, I took your meaning as such: I receive lesser Immunities since I paid so much for this Immunity. Now, I know that to be wrong, obviously; I have to buy each Immunity separately. But I looked further into my powers, and realized what you were saying: Diana cannot suffocate, be poisoned, fall prey to disease, et cetera because it would require failing a Fortitude check in order for that to occur. So what you're saying is that since I cannot fail those checks, I don't need to buy my other Immunities. Gotcha. :)

So the Insubstantial, Elongation, and Shapeshift are all APs or her Snare?

That's correct. They all are tied to her ability to transform her body. Snare was the most expensive power, and thus the one I used for my primary power.

Shapeshift, like all other VPs, are not at this time allowed.

:( Awww... not even with a limitation?

Well, alright, just don't ask me to like it.

:?: Can I use Mimic instead?

There seems to be something off on her Sidekick: she seems to have 21ep worth of equipment (which should be listed in her feats as Equipment 4, not Equipment 20).

OK let's do the numbers...

Headquarters: Deborah’s Workshop (an abandoned auto shop and junkyard)

Size: Large [2 ep]

Toughness: 10 [2 ep]

Features: Artistic Workshop, Automotive Parts Yard, Computer, Fire Prevention System, Garage, Living Space, Mechanical Workshop, Power System [8 ep]

... so that's 12 ep for the headquarters...

Vehicle: Deborah’s Pickup Truck

Strength: 20 [0 ep]

Speed (land): 100 MPH [4 ep]

Toughness: 10 [3 ep]

Size: Large [1 ep]

Features: Super-Movement: Sure Footed 1 [1 ep]

... 8 ep for the truck...

Cell phone [1 ep]

... and 1 for her devices.

:shock: Son of a gun, that is 21. I hate it when my math goes poopie. :(

OK. :) I'll add another rank of Equipment to correct it.

So what you're saying is that since I cannot fail those checks, I don't need to buy my other Immunities. Gotcha. :)

Exactly!

:( Awww... not even with a limitation?

Well, alright, just don't ask me to like it.

:?: Can I use Mimic instead?

Actually, it seems I was mistaken & misinformed, some VPs are allowed.

However, that's a very big limit: why not jut go with Enhanced Feats (Improvised Tools) and Strike 2 (PFs: Mighty, Subtle [to make it 'retractable'], Variable Descriptor 1/any bludgeoning, piercing, or slashing)?

Also, re: the Snare, "Obscure Sense" was changed to a Power Feat in Ultimate Power. We'll need to ask the Refs here what it is for FC PbP, and look to see if there are any errata to it (since the change may've been a typo).

OK let's do the numbers...

:shock: Son of a gun, that is 21. I hate it when my math goes poopie. :(

OK. :) I'll add another rank of Equipment to correct it.

Do be sure to list the actual ranks of Equipment in the feat section. If you also want to list the eps it gives, that's fine, too (so something like "Equipment 5 [25 eps]").

OK, I revised the original post to allow for the following changes:

:arrow: Removed Diana's Immunity: Life Support. Diana gained 9 pp from the change.

:arrow: Removed Diana's Shapeshift. Diana gained 1 pp from the change.

:arrow: Changed Deborah Lee's Equipment 20 to Equipment 5 (grants 25 ep). This corrects the miscount I had under Deborah Lee's Equipment. Deborah Lee is now worth 11 pp; that exceeded Diana's Sidekick 2: Deborah Lee, so I have increased it to Sidekick 3: Deborah Lee. Diana spent 1 pp to make the change. Deborah Lee gained 4 ep from the change.

:arrow: Increased Diana's Sidekick 3: Deborah Lee to Sidekick 6: Deborah Lee. Diana spent 3 pp to make this change. Deborah Lee has been substantially altered because of this change. Deborah Lee no longer has any spare pp or ep.

:arrow: Added Power Feat: Persistent to Diana's Regeneration. Diana spent 1 pp to make this change.

:arrow: Increased Diana's Snare 2 to Snare 3. This increases the base points in Diana'a Alternate Power Set, so I also increased Diana's Elongation 6 to Elongation 9. Diana spent 3 pp to make this change.

:arrow: Added Improvised Tools to Diana's feats (thanks for the advice, Doc Archeville :clap: ). Diana has spent 1 pp to make this change.

:arrow: Diana added an alternate power, Mimic, to her Alternate Power Set. Diana spent 1 pp to make this change, and has no pp remaining.

I'm pretty sure Morph gets all aspects, appearance and voice. There's no need to split 'em like that. You do, however, need to determine if it's "one other form," "any humanoid form," or "any form of roughly equal mass."

Actually, Doc, I've been thinking of my character concept, and I realized I did mean to use Mimic. Mimic at one point per rank lets one mimic a single trait; appearance is one of those traits. I felt that mimicking voice was just as expensive.

The reason I chose Mimic over Morph was because I intended Diana to be a mimicry of human life, not a fully metamorophic being. She can only change herself to look as others she has seen, and sound like others she has heard.

And the reason voice and appearance are at different levels is because changing her appearance comes more easily to Diana than altering her "vocal chords".

I do need to add a drawback. Diana may be able to look like others, but she cannot imitate colors; she needs the aid of clay paint and a good artist to do that. I could use some advice as to how much that drawback would yield.

Ahhh, I see what you're doing. Okay. To make things absolutely clear, though, you should list the power as Mimic Appearance. Or, do it as Morph (any humanoid; Flaw: Must have subject to mimic), thus getting around the whole VP aspect of it.

Only to change shape/texture, not color.... hrrmmm.... I'll have to think on that one.

:arrow: Changed listing for Mimic.

I'm thinking it's an infrequent drawback since it's not a power Diana would use often (uncommon +1) that denies Diana her disguise if she can be seen, which would be a substantial hindrance to use her ability (moderate +2). And since it takes time for Deborah Lee to help her prepare (let's say an hour), tack on an adittional point or two.

• 2 weeks later...

Really, this is the same as taking the Action drawback to increase the Mimic time to an hour, but only if and when you need to mimic the colors of your target. I would call that a -2 drawback (1 pp for the extra time, and 1 pp for requiring materials). The frequency of use of your power isn't what determines that part of the drawback; it's how often that drawback would pose a hindrance.

• 2 weeks later...