Malice

Geez3r

Tuesday, June 3rd - 23:16

It's a quiet night, like many others in this area. Eric could afford a far grander house than the one he had here in the Riverside area, but he loved his house and the location. It was just a humble single story house with a finished basement. The inside was furnished with comfort and practicality in mind, with just minor attention being paid to design. Eric had to quite a few double takes around the neighborhood when he first moved in, but the people around here don't really pay you any mind, and are geniunely good people. He spent many of his first nights just strolling around town taking in the sights and enjoying the crisp night air. But those days had passed a long time ago, now Eric had another hobby to occupy his nights.

The relative silence of the night was broken by a buzzer sounding; the coffee was ready. Eric set down what he was doing and made his way to the elevator in his workshop. A short ride later, and a quick trip through a wall that wasn't really there and he was again in his basement. He paused at the threshold, in a moment of thoughtless contemplation before walking to the table where he had set up a coffee machine. He had brought it down from the kitchen because it had become rarer and rarer that whenever he was up late he would actually be in his house.

Eric had been spending more and more time in his bunker, working on the Arms of Malice, and it showed. Even though he is still at the spry age of 28, he appears to be at least 10 years older. His deep red hair has begun to dull, the spark that used to frequent his eyes has been exchanged a dead glaze. The shadows under his eyes have become almost as permanent as the wrinkles on his face. But nothing shows the age more than his hands. His joints are crooked and swollen, and his kin looks like it was pulled tight over his bones from the way that seemingly jut out. Most of his nails are broken and the nail on his right ring finger is gone entirely. His flesh displays the scars of dozens of scratches, cuts, gashes, and burns. His right hand is in fact still bleeding from a cut on two of his knuckles.

But Eric pays them no find. There is still work to be done. Eric likes his coffee with 2 spoonfuls of sugar and a dash of cream, but he is drinking this cup black, as he had been doing for the past 3 weeks. It wasn't about the taste, it was about the energy, about staying up that extra hour, it was about surpassing his own weakness on his way to greatness. Eric discarded his empty mug and looked at his right hand, studying it for a moment. Noticing every little imperfection on it, and then he thought about the hands of his suit, which were unblemished, strong, smooth and steady.

Eric then returned to his workshop, with a new design in mind. It would not be completed this night, he would go to bed for the night in 2 hours time. He needed sleep, he was after all, just human... for now.

• 1 month later...

In a rather average house on the Riverside, Eric Micheals is collapsed on a recliner couch in utter exhaustion. His arms and chest sport several new welts and bruises, and Eric is nursing them with a few ice packs, while the news goes on in the background. A familiar face is shown on the news and Eric leans forward to turn up the volume, but winces at the pain in his chest. He settles for turning up the volume with one of his feet.

"...their battle shook through the North End last night. Captain Wonder and the villain known as Malice had a brief but intense battle that ended in a draw. Eyewitnesses claim that the pair ended their duel with a planned simultaneous attack. Both were sent flying across the skyline, and Malice was gone by the time the authorities arrived. The officers on scene had this to say..."

Eric hit the mute button on the remote, he already had heard enough. He knew he was going to be made out to be villain. He had fought Captain Wonder, that was practically like punching Santa Claus in the face. Getting gingerly to his feet, Eric retreated to his bunker. There lay his armor rife with battle damage, and the bunker itself was half-finished with a new addition. With a groan he remembered that he had a presentation to give at the office tomorrow as well. He was about to go to work repairing his armor when he noticed the time on his watch, 3:17 AM. With a sigh he changed direction and hit the lights on the bunker wall and headed back upstairs. Gratefully getting into bed he uttered the words "Not enough hours in the day."

• 3 weeks later...

The following are a series of audio logs dictated by Eric Micheals.

Log Entry #1 Aug 12, 2008; 10:27

Testing. Testing. 1 2 3. Yep it works. So uhhh, guess I should say something…

…

This is stupid, I shouldn’t have taken the day off for this.

Log Entry #2 Aug 12, 2008; 16:23

So um, back again… Guess I should actually say something this time. Uh, where do I begin? Guess I’ll say why I’m doing this. Recently, I’ve been feeling like I’m not sure where I’m going… It’s like I’ve lost a sense of purpose, and I’ve constantly been forgetting things, which used to never happen.

…

*sigh* I just don’t know what to do with myself anymore.

Ah s***, I forgot all about the pizza guy.

Log Entry #3 Aug 12, 2008; 18:35

Alright, for real this time.

As of late, I’ve been feeling like I’m being pulled in too many directions at once. Like I’m losing part of myself… Maybe it’s the lack of sleep, or the constant build up of injuries, maybe even just the stress, but whatever is causing it, it needs to stop. So I’m writing this to try and focus myself, maybe pull myself back together as it were. Or hell, maybe I just want to hear another voice, even if it’s my own, if that made any sense.

…

I kind of put off doing this for a while. I was… pretty leery about putting my personal thoughts down on paper, or… on the computer… as it were. What if someone found them and used them to blackmail me or to try and get inside my head? But I came to the realization that if that happened they had already been in my house, and into my bunker and could blackmail me with a few million dollars of death machine; which kind of makes me talking about the ham sandwich I had last Wednesday a bit superfluous really.

In addition I thought I really didn’t need this enough to give up all the time I could be working on upgrades. That little nagging voice in my head though kept saying that no matter how powerful the suit is, its not doing a damn thing without me. And no I’m not gonna turn the damn thing into a robot, I’ve seen what happens with such foolish plans.

So what’ve I been up to lately? Well at work I’ve been trying to get teams 3, 4 and 6 to mimic some of the weapons systems in the Malice suit. Their progress is painfully slow. What’s so infuriating is that I can’t just come out and tell them what the hell to do. That’ll raise way too many questions and it won’t exactly take a genius to piece the link between Malice and me. For some reason people get suspicious when you hand them the schematics to a death machine they saw tearing up down town the day before.

That brings me to another reason I’m doing this; I think the power’s going to my head. Everybody gets mad, I know that, but not everybody has more weapons than an military base under their house. It started about a month ago. Some ******* cut me off in traffic. Normal people would just curse the guy out and tell a few friends and be fine, but I didn’t do that. I memorized the guy’s license plate. I then acquired access to a few databases and found out who that guy was and where he lived. I camped out on a rooftop over looking the guy’s apartment for 3 hours, just waiting for him to get home. When he opened that door, I was ready to kill that man. I came to my senses before it was too late, but I came close, way too close. And it only got worse. Now not a day goes by that I don’t envision myself just leveling the city block by block. I supposed to be a champion for these people, but how I can I be a champion whose every action just degrades society!?

I want to be a champion, a hero. I want to be a person people love and respect and aspire to be. But, right now, it looks like I might have to be a villain to save these people from themselves.

Alright, my voice is getting hoarse, that’s enough for now.

• 4 months later...

Introduction

Give a two or three word description of yourself. (Describe your character's concept.)

A defender of the true justice.

Do you have any nicknames, street names, titles, or nom de plume?

Eric, Malice, “The higher-upsâ€Â

What is your full birth name?

Eric Donavan Micheals

Where do you live?

Riverside in Freedom City

Why do you live there?

Nice neighborhood and I like the air.

What do you perceive as your greatest strength?

I’m human.

What do you perceive as your greatest weakness?

I’m only human.

Physical Traits

How old are you? (Chronological age as well as age category.)

I’m turning 29 in a few months, so getting near middle age *shudder*

What is your sex?

Male

What is your race?

Caucasion

How tall are you?

About 5’8â€Â

How much do you weigh?

I go a bit between 136ish to 143.

What is your general body type, frame, bone structure, and poise?

I’m a tiny bit broader than average build, and I’ve been told I want with a bit of a swagger like I own the place, mostly because I do.

What is your skin colour?

Fair. Me and the sun never got along.

What is your hair colour?

A deep red.

What is your hair style?

A simple part down the center.

Do you have any facial hair?

Only if I didn’t shave recently/

What is your eye colour?

Green.

How attractive are you?

I’m pretty good looking, but I never take the time to gussy myself up.

What is your most distinguishing feature?

My business coats I’m the only one at the office that wears a long coat instead of a jacket.

Do you have any scars, tattoos, or birthmarks?

I’ve got a few scars on my hands for doing something stupid in the lab.

What is your handedness (left/right/ambidextrous)?

Right

Do you resemble some currently known person?

A famous weapons researcher, oh wait.

What kind of clothing do you wear?

Power suits (both kinds) and lab coats.

Do you wear makeup?

Only when I go on TV.

What sort of vocal tone do you have?

They say I’ve got a deep voice, but I really don’t think so.

History

Where is your homeland?

Freedom City

Are you aware of its history?

Unfortunately

Are you patriotic or a social outcast?

I will die in service of my country.

What is your opinion of home?

A good place with a bad taste in “civil servantsâ€Â

Where is your home town?

If you can’t find it on the map, you need to stop talking.

Are your real reasons for becoming an adventurer different from what you tell others?

Do we really know why we do anything? I saw a problem that needed fixing and no one else out there willing to fix it, so I’m trying to. As my dad would say, “Step up or step aside.â€Â

How far would you go to keep such secrets from being revealed? What would you do if the truth became known?

If why I was doing what I’m doing was discovered and not dismissed as a crack pot theory, then my job is done. I would start looking forward to retirement.

What do you fear would occur if the truth became known?

That nothing would change, that I would die and be forgotten.

Do you have any particularly high or low ability scores?

I’m really smart, but not exactly the pinnacle of physical achievement.

How have these scores affected your life so far?

I use what I got to get what I don’t, and it hass worked out pretty good so far.

What about your race, growing up were you in the majority or a minority?

Majority.

Did this impact your outlook in any way?

Not really, you see enough crazy things in this city to be numbed to differences in skin color.

How do you feel about other races?

They’re human, which makes them better than a large number of people I can name.

Were there any traumatic experiences in your early years (death of a family member, abandonment, orphaned at an early age)?

Um, other than the time I hit a bee’s nest with a baseball when we were on vacation when I was 7, not really.

Briefly describe a defining moment in your childhood and how it influenced your life.

I distinctly remember being 6 years old and I was about to put a penny in a light socket. Then my dad came running into the room and I stopped, my dad just looked down at me and said “Well go on.†So I did. I come to on my back with my dad looking down at me and he says “Not gonna do that again, are ya?†From that day on, I was never afraid to make a mistake. A mistake is just a gateway to knowledge, and we should never fear knowledge.

What stupid things did you do when you were younger?

Light random chemicals on fire to see what they would do, seriously. How I’m not dead I have no clue. Apparently things are only dangerous if you know they are.

Which toys from your childhood have you kept?

I’ve got two teddy bears sitting on my desk. A smallish one with a blue shirt that says “world’s best sonâ€Â, and a bigger one with a white shirt that says “world’s best dad.â€Â

Why? What do they mean to you? If you didn't keep any, why not? What did you do to them all?

I got those at a carnival back when I was really little. It was one of those prizes you get for that ring toss game. Me, mom, and dad were on line for this “merry mixer†things, get got out of line to pee or something, which made me really sad. But when I got off the ride, he gave me the best son bear. I asked where he got it and pointed to the ring toss thing behind him, and I said I wanted to do it too. He didn’t really know why I wanted to do it, but he paid for another round anyways. On my first throw I got it right around the pole. The guy asked me what I wanted and I pointed to a bear in the far corner. It was a bear that said “world’s best dad†the guy gave it to me, and I gave to my dad and said “Now we match daddy.†Not a holiday goes by that I don’t hear that story, and I love it every time, you can’t get rid of something like that.

Do you have any deep, dark secrets in the past that may come back to haunt you?

Nothing too bad, but I can’t really remember the night after midterms junior year. Me and all my buddies went out and partied. I woke up 3 towns over on a park bench wearing clothes that weren’t mine. I still don’t know whose they are.

Are you who you claim to be?

I sure as heck hope so.

Do you have any sort of criminal record?

Define criminal.

How do you view the heroes/legends of your country?

Correctly. Everyone else gets it wrong.

Family

Who were your parents?

The most awesome people to ever exist and I will fight you if you say otherwise.

Were you raised by them? If not, then why didn't they and who did raise you?

Of course.

What was their standing in the community?

Fine, upstanding members of the community. The neighbors everyone liked.

Did your family stay in one area or move around a lot?

We pretty much stayed put.

How did you get along with their parents?

I love them more than anything, always have, always will.

How would your parents describe you? Answer this in the voice of your mother, then in your father's.

Mom: “Oh he was such a curious boy. He’d ask you every question under the son, and remember all of them. Got to the point where I started asking him some. I couldn’t be more proud.â€Â

Dad: He’s a kid at heart. Always trying to see the best in everyone, and always trying to learn new things. I just wish he was born into a better world.

Do you have any siblings? If so how many and what were their names? How did you get along with each of your siblings?

I’m an only child.

What was your birth position in the family?

First and only child.

List all current knowledge of family locations, spouses, children, birth dates, schooling, and any important incidents that only you and they might remember.

Yeesh that’s a long question. My mother lives about a 30 minute drive from my home on the Riverside. My dad is buried 40 miles south of the city at St. Augistine Church.

Do you stay in touch with them or have you become estranged?

I talk to my mom every couple of weeks, and I visit my dad’s grave on my long weekend off every month.

Do you love or hate one member of the family in particular?

As I already said, I love my parents.

Is any member of the family special to you in any way (perhaps, as a confidant, mentor, or arch-rival)?

My dad taught me a lot about the world, and I greatly appreciate and respect him for that.

Are there any black (or white) sheep in the family (including you)?

If they knew everything about me, I might be a black sheep.

If so, who are they and how did they "gain" the position?

Battle suit might have something to do with it.

Do you have a notorious or celebrated ancestor?

Not that I know of.

If so, what did this person do to become famous or infamous?

Do you try to live up to the reputation of your ancestor, try to live it down, or ignore it?

Do you ever want to have a family of your own someday?

Never really thought about it, but if I meet Ms. Right, I guess I’ll have to settle down.

Would anything change your mind on this issue and if so, what?

If I had to give up being Malice.

What type of person would be your ideal mate?

Someone who understands me and what I have to do.

Relationships

Do you have any close friends? If so, who and what are they like?

I don’t really have that many close friends, now that I think about it. I think the closest I have is Samantha, my receptionist. They’re just really nice and down to earth. They always have some advice to give me when I need it.

What is the history of their relationship(s) with you?

I met her at college, and we were pretty good friends. She was applying to Darts shortly after I took over and I hired her. She’s been working with me for about 4 years now.

Do you currently have a best friend whom you would protect with your reputation or your life?

Um… no. I don’t think so.

If so, who are they and what caused you to feel so close to them? What would have to happen for you to end this relationship?

Do you have any bitter enemies?

Very much so.

If so, who are they, what are they like, and what is the history of their feud with you? Have you defeated them before?

The entire Freedom League and their ilk, along with the other rival weapons companies. I’ve won a few battles, but the war is far from over.

How might these enemies seek to discomfit you in the future?

Kicking the snot out of me, calling me he villain and throwing me in jail.

Which person(s) or group(s) are you most loyal to?

The human race. Failing that, me, myself, and I.

Who is your most trusted ally?

Me.

Who do you trust, in general?

Good honest working people

Who do you despise and why?

The metas because they undermine humanity itself.

Name seven things you hate in others.

Ignorance, Unfairly granted powers, stupidity, selfishness,

Is your image consistent?

Probably not; you never get straight news anymore, it’s all spin. I probably help that along too, I’m still new to this whole thing, and I still need to adapt fully.

Do you deliberately present yourself differently in different situations, and how?

Well sometimes I wear a lab coat, others I wear a tie, and other times I wear power armor capable of leveling a city block.

What would you die for?

True Freedom in this world.

What is the worst thing someone has done to you?

Called me a villain.

What is your general reaction to an attractive member of the opposite sex who lets you know they are available?

Cautious excitement. The deeper I get into the super world, the more fem fatales are around every corner.

How do you get along with others of the same adventuring class?

A best grudging respect, at worst unrelenting hatred.

Have you lost any loves?

The only love I really had was my first girl friend, Sarah from way back in high school.

How did you handle the situation (short & long term)?

Broke up and got back together like 4 times per week, and then we just called it quits at graduation, I haven’t talked to her since.

Who would miss you should you go missing?

Hopefully everyone, but most likely the folks down at Darts and my mom.

How close are you to your adventuring companions?

I keep all of them at arm’s length.

What do they not know about you?

Hopefully, who I am. And yet, I also hope they do know who I am.

Are you a member of any house, guild, organization, or church? What is your level of involvement?

Nope.

Personality & Beliefs

Do you, or did you, have any role models?

My dear old dad.

Do you have any heroes or idols, either contemporary or from legend?

I liked a lot of those old west heroes because they were average joes that went beyond the impossible to give us something to believe in.

Did you ever become disillusioned with former heroes or idols? If so, why and what were the circumstances?

After I realized most of the stories were big exaggerations.

When did you decide to become an adventurer?

When I realized had the potential, and that no one else was going to step up.

Why have you chosen to risk your life as a career?

Because my life is nothing in comparison to what I’m fighting for.

What do you expect to get out of being an adventurer? What, if anything, would make you stop adventuring?

I expect to make a difference in this world, and I will only stop if I’m dead, or if my task truly is done.

Do you have any dreams or ambitions? If not, why?

I want to crush the Freedom League, and the Crime League and anyone else who threatens the Freedom of the people.

What are your short term goals (what would you like to be doing within a year)?

Win a major battle against one of the heavy hitters.

What are your long term goals (what would you like to be doing twenty years from now)?

Retirement would be nice that far down the line.

If these goals seem at odds with each other, or with your dreams, how do you reconcile the differences?

One step at a time, and everyone else before myself.

Do you have any great rational or irrational fears or phobias? If so, what are the origins of, or reasons behind them?

Not that I’m aware of.

How do you react when this fear manifests itself?

I’ll let ya know.

What are your attitudes regarding material wealth?

Money is a catalyst for greatness.

Are you miserly with your share of the wealth, or do you spend it freely?

I spend it quite heavily.

Do you see wealth as a mark of success, or just as a means to an end?

Both.

How do you generally treat others?

How they deserve to be treated, which is with respect for most people.

Do you trust easily (perhaps too easily) or not?

I rarely give out a great deal of trust.

Are you introverted (shy and withdrawn) or extroverted (outgoing)?

More of an introvert, not one for parties.

Are you a humble soul or blusteringly proud?

I’d say I’m pretty humble considering what I’ve done with my life.

What habits do you find most annoying in friends?

Ignorance.

What are your most annoying habits?

I tend to tune others out when I don’t think they have anything important to say.

Is there any race, creed, alignment, religion, class, profession, political viewpoint, or the like against which you are strongly prejudiced, and why?

The “super heroes†and if you haven’t figured out by now, you’re an idiot.

What is your favourite food?

Chicken pot pie.

What is your favourite drink?

A good glass of milk serves any occasion.

What is your favourite treat (desert)?

Dense chocolate cake.

Do you favour a particular cuisine?

Not really, I’ll try a bit of everything.

Do you savor the tastes when eating or "wolf down" your food?

I tend to be more of a wolfer.

Do you like food mild or heavily spiced?

Split the difference.

Are there any specific foodstuffs that you find disgusting or refuse to eat?

Seafood, it just smells nasty.

What are your favourite colour(s)?

Red, white and blue.

Is there any colour that you dislike?

Not especially.

Do you have a favourite (or hated) song, type of music, or instrument?

I like trance, but I’ll find at least one song from any genre that I like.

If you have a favourite scent, what is it?

Ozone in the air, it means there’s science a foot.

What is your favourite type of animal?

Bears.

Are you allergic to any kinds of animals?

Not too much.

Is there anything that enrages you?

Someone making a huge mistake at Darts or wasting my time, aside from supers existing.

Is there anything which embarrasses you?

Nothing out of the ordinary.

Do you enjoy "roughing it", or do you prefer your creature comforts?

Creature comforts.

Do you have a patron deity?

Nope.

Are you devout or impious?

Impious.

Do you actively worship and proselytize or do you simply pay lip service?

Not even lip service.

What lengths would you go to defend your faith?

Not far at all.

Was your faith influenced or molded by anyone special?

Nope.

Do you belong to a dominant church, or an independent church, cult, or sect (and is the group accepted, frowned upon, or considered heretics)?

Technically I “belong†to a dominant Catholic Church, but I haven’t gone in years.

Will you kill?

I don’t see how I won’t have to in my life.

When did you decide (or learn) that you would?

When I really sat down and saw how truly outnumbered I really am.

When do you consider it okay to kill (under what circumstances)?

When the target is a threat to all humanity that can’t be defeated any other way.

When do you consider it wrong to kill (under what circumstances)?

If they’re just an average person going about their daily lives.

What would you do if someone else attempted to (or successfully did) kill under your "wrong" circumstances, what would be your reaction?

To kill them.

What if it were your enemy?

Kill them slower.

What if it were your friend?

They would no longer be any friend of mine.

What if the opponent were not in control of their own actions (under duress, charmed, dominated, possessed)?

Beat the living snot out of them, and then find whoever was responsible and let my inner demons run wild.

What would you do if something were stolen from you?

Get it back.

What would you do if you were badly insulted publicly?

Insult them back, but maybe not right away.

What would you do if a good friend or relative were killed by means other than natural death?

I… I’m not sure. But it wouldn’t be pretty.

What is the one task you would absolutely refuse to do?

Give up.

What do you consider to be the worst crime someone could commit and why?

Controlling a world of sheep through false idealism.

How do you feel about government (rulers) in general? Why do you feel that way?

None of them are worthy of their posts, or else this world would not be in this state.

Do you support the current government of your homeland?

I support the government, not the people in it.

If so, how far are you willing to go to defend the government? If not, do you actively oppose it?

By the people, for the people and of the people are words to die and kill for.

What form of government do you believe is the best (democracy, monarchy, anarchy, aristocratic rule, oligarchy, matriarchy) and why?

Democracy is a horrible form of government but it’s the best we’ve got.

Do you have any unusual habits or dominant personality traits that are evident to others?

I’m told I get a little mad when I’m on the verge of a break through.

If so, describe them and how you acquired them, as well as when they might be more noticeable and what causes them.

I just get really animated and excited when I can push the bounds of science.

Do you have any unusual or nervous mannerisms, such as when talking, thinking, afraid, under stress, or when embarrassed?

I’m told when I’m deep in thought I zone out completely.

What is your most treasured possession?

The Mantle of Freedom.

If your life were to end in 24 hours, what 5 things would you do in those remaining hours?

1) Say good bye to my mom.

2) Visit my dad’s grave one last time.

3) Defeat the Freedom League.

4) Defeat the Crime League

5) Make a worldwide telecast announcement saying why and how I did this.

Career & Training

Where and how were you educated?

St. Augustine’s College outside of Freedom, followed by a few semesters at HIT.

Who trained you in your adventuring class(es)?

I did.

What was your relationship with your teacher(s)/mentor(s)?

I hope personal or else I should not be handling explosive materials.

Is this person or institution still in existence?

Very much so.

Were you a prize student or did you just barely pass?

Prize student of course.

Look at your skills. How did you acquire them (especially the unusual ones)?

Lots of hard work and determination.

Have you ever done anything else for a living?

For a living, no, but I was a bus boy during my last 2 years.

How do you function in combat (maneuvers, weaknesses)?

I shoot things, a lot. Hitting things works too.

Have you ever received any awards or honours?

Dean’s Circle every time, a substaintial scholarship to HIT and I’ve been recognized for my work at Darts on several occasions.

Is there anything that you don't currently know how to do that you wish you could?

I wish I knew how to reach the hearts of man kind and show them what the world is truly like.

Are you envious of others who can do such things in a good-natured way or are you sullen and morose about it?

No one can truly do what I wish to do.

Lifestyle & Hobbies

When not adventuring, what is your normal daily routine?

I work at Darts for about 8-12 hours every day, come home watch a little tv then work down in the lab.

How do you feel and react when this routine is interrupted for some reason?

Depends, if it’s worthwhile, I’m excited if not, I’m quite grumpy.

What are your hobbies when you are not adventuring or training?

I love to tinker.

What do you do for relaxation? What things do you do for enjoyment? What interests do you have?

Tinkering again, I’ve also gotten into the table top game Unicorns and Corridors.

How do you normally dress when not in your adventuring gear?

Suits and ties and lab coats.

What do you normally wear in bed at home?

Underwear.

What do you normally wear in bed while adventuring?

I haven’t had the luxury of having a bed so I wouldn’t know.

Do you wear any identifiable jewelry?

A snaxy watch but that’s about it.

Where do you normally put your weapons, magic items, or other valuables when you are sleeping?

In a very big, hidden vault.

What morning or evening routines do you normally have?

Fall out of bed, shower, brush teeth, eat breakfast, brush teeth again, get dressed head off to work.

Do these change when you are adventuring?

I put on a different set of clothes.

Travel: how do you get around locally?

Car mostly, I don’t like public transportation.

Do you have a Last Will and Testament?

I update it almost every day.

What does it say?

If my mother is still alive, she gets everything. If not, I left instructions to play this recording on 5 different major channels so people will know who I am, and what I did for them, or at least tried.

Miscellaneous

What would you like to be remembered for after your death?

For standing up and fighting the good fight.

What kind of threat do you present to the public?

I upset the status quo, and people are frightened by anything out of the ordinary.

If your features were to be destroyed beyond recognition, is there any other way of identifying your body?

I have a micro chip implanted in the back of my neck should the unfortunate occur.

As a player, if you could, what advice would you give your character? Speak as if he/she were sitting right here in front of you. Use proper tone so they might heed your advice...

Eric, do me a favor and just listen for a moment. Don’t do this. They are called heroes for a reason, they’re also using their powers for what they believe is right. They’re not the villains you make them out to be. A great deal can be done if you work with them instead of against them.

• 1 month later...

Cockroaches. Cockroaches are probably widly considered the scum of the world by most of the population of the world. Most people hate cockroaches with a passion and believe them to be the most disgusting creatures on the planet, and won't second guess their decision to kill them for even one second. But with all that in mind, there is one thing you have to respect about the cockroach; it acknowledges that it is feared and loathed the world over.

Whenever you turn the lights on, cockroaches don't stay around taunting you saying "Hey I'm a cockroach. Isn't that weird?" No, they have the decency to turn tail and run to the deepest, darkest and dankest corner they can wriggle themselves into. In short, they go to where they belong. They know their place and stick to it.

They can't get in unless you let them either. A cockroach infestation just doesn't happen out of the blue, you have to let it happen. You have to live in filth, you have to ignore the signs of the impending infestation, and do nothing.

But you know why people really, really hate cockroaches? There are two reasons. Firstly, they look nothing like us. Throughout all of history, the one constant is that no one likes anything that doesn't fit into their idea of what is right. No one likes what they think is unnatural, nor what breaks the status quo.

What's that? "People eventually learn to like things that are different and work past their previous misconceptions?" Wrong. People just stop fighting. Fighting anything or anyone for anything length of time takes a huge amount of time and resources, until eventually one side has enough and just gives in.

This ties into the second reason people hate cockroaches; they're really hard to truly kill. You can cut it's head off and it'll still scuttly around blindlyy for a week while it slowly starves to death and dies. They don't have the decency to admit defeat, they just linger. And for every one you kill there are another 12 festering in the filth just waiting for you to turn off the lights. It can get to the point where people stop fighting the cockroaches all together and just accept them as part of their life as they wallow in their filth with creatures they would normally kill on sight.

========================================================

*wh-TWACK*

It was raining again.

*wh-TWACK*

Malice hated the rain, or rather what it did to people.

*wh-TWACK*

It made everything look all dreary and dead.

*wh-TWACK*

It gave people yet another excuse to get nothing done with their lives.

*wh-TWACK*

And worst of all...

*wh-TWACK*

The puddles wouldn't let you hear a satisfying sound when you slammed someone's head into the concrete.

*wh-TWA-CRACK*

Maybe the rain wasn't so bad after all.

Malice stood up and looked at the stormy clouds overhead, the raindrops splatter on the mask reminded Eric of looking out of a moon roof when he was younger.

But those were different times.

Those were better times.

Those were cleaner times.

The rain washed away the dirt, the blood, the filth.

Malice was one of the few in this world who could enjoy this rain.

He was the only one who could become pure again in this rain.

Everyone else would have to wait for their storm.

Malice's thoughts left the rain and returned to the world around him. He looks down at the form of the person he had just savagely beaten. Her name was Jennifer. She was 21 years old, a senior at HIT. While not the most gifted student there, she was one of the nicest. She always had a smile and caring words for anyone who would listen. She had 2 cats, Brownie and Cookie. She dreamed of opening her own clinic to care for animals, and advancing technology to help benefit the lives of animals everywhere. How did Malice know all this? Jennifer was an intern at Darts, and Eric had written a recommendation letter for her 2 weeks ago. A week ago, Jennifer was transporting a prototype weapon from the storage room to one of the labs, and she dropped it. It fired and hit her square in the chest. It left a bruise but she was relatively unharmed. The weapon was designed to penetrate tank armor. Malice knew then what he had to do. These were the results.

His eyes wandered over to the crowd that had gathered around the scene. Most looked horrified. Others disgusted. Many sad. All scared. There were two police officers there too. They had their guns drawn and were saying something, but Malice couldn't hear them over their fear. After lingering to the emotions playing on the faces of the crowd, his eyes strayed back again to the body of Jennifer.

She was still alive, barely. She was a strong person, should would recover. She would not admit defeat. She would just linger. He had to finish it. He pointed his right gun arm at the body. The fear behind him drew a collective breath.

Then Malice felt the rain. That shouldn't be right. He shouldn't feel anything inside of the suit. Was there a leak? No, there wasn't. The water shouldn't be there. But it was. It wasn't the rain. It was Eric. He shouldn't be in the suit. But he was. Eric slowly lowered his arm. He was wrong before, this wasn't his storm.

Eric didn't go to work the next day. Nor did he go the day after. For a few days, he had to stop fighting. He had won, but it had cost him dearly. He had to fight the cockroaches, but they were slowly dragging him down. He couldn't out last them. He just didn't have the strength. He didn't have the strength by himself, but he didn't have to be alone. Once a person has been broken, they can be rebuilt...

"Hey Jen. It's Eric. Eric Micheals. I just wanted to talk to you for a little bit."

• 2 weeks later...

As I get drawn more and more into the world that Malice frequents, the idea of a day off is becoming more and more interesting to me. Not for myself, but for the other heroes and villains out there. Does the Raven ever just take a personal day off, does Medea ever just stop to sit down and read a newspaper every now and then?

Maybe it's because I've been dealing with the idea of making weapons for years now that the concept of just stopping for any length of time is entirely alien to me. I'm not saying that I work around the clock, that's just not physically possible, but on any given day, I at least devote some of my time to thinking of a new battle plan, a new modification to the suit, or a potential new target. I just can't wrap my head around how someone justs stops with all of this, and then suddenly gets the drive to get up and do it all again.

Am I the odd one out, or is everyone else like me too? It's natural for anyone in society to compare themselves to their peers to see how they measure up, but that is incredibly hard in my case as I really don't know all that much about my "peers." Any of the "heroes" will likely attack me on sight and the villains a large a bunch of unstable pyschotics. *Shrug* I guess we all just try to find our place in society even if we hate the society; it's human nature to want to belong because belonging means that there are those out there that think like you. It lets you know that you're not alone.

• 3 weeks later...

There seems to be the popular opinion in various forms of media that swords are infinitely superior to guns. This stems from the ability to have a more dramatic fight sequence using swords rather than guns. That is all fine and dandy, and I too have enjoyed several sword fights in the movies. But one of the things that have always irked me about this is that swords are always considered to be more honorable than guns, and a lone protagonist with a sword will always succeed against any number of antagonists with guns simply because the sword weilder is obviously superior.

Swords remind of a simplier time with knights and royalty and dragons. Okay not so much the last one historically, but it is the staple of the genre which the time period has now become. But the thought of the inferiority of guns stems from this time period. You see in the olden days, it was easy to keep the peasants in line. Only knights and royalty were allowed to be trained with armor and weapons (and the few who could afford such a thing). An untrained peasant with a sword is as much a danger to himself as he is to those around him.

But give the same peasant a gun and suddenly, if he doesn't like the tyrannical rule of the royalty, he can do something about it. If he wants a voice in the community, he can get it. If he wants a piece of land, he can get it. If he wants to stop the knight that abuses his privelages he can do it. If he wants to lay his life down in defense of his country, he can do it. You see what guns really represent at their core is giving power to the common man. With that power, man can elevate themselves to the level that they were always supposed to be at. With a gun, a man can fight inequality and win freedom and justice for all, not just for a select few.

My name is Eric Micheals. I build guns.

My name is Malice. I use guns.

And I fight for the freedom of the human race.

• 2 weeks later...

I had an interesting run in tonight. I ran into a certain someone who has been putting up various signs all over town. He seems to be obsessed with nothing but hogging as much glory as is physically possible. He cares not for casualties, the harm to others, nor any other variable. The man is in short a pompus jerk and a complete idiot. The man I am of course referring to is Captain Knievel.

If you have asked me yesterday what I thought of the man, I would hae torn off your arms and savagely beat you to death with them for acknowledging that man's existence in my presence, that and I also had some steam to blow off and it seemed as good an excuse as any.

If you had asked me today however, I would only break your jaw, but only on principal. You see I have new found, and also my only, respect for the man. You see I ran into the Captain at the Circus Maximus last night. I had simply gone there to enter a match or two for the sole purpose of savagely beating a random stranger. But due to the Captain's ego and sheer stupidity, the two of us ended up on a team set to fight pretty much every other competitor there that night.

Needless to say I felt like I should throttle the man, but he had one saving grace. He shared by hatred of metahumans. Though I loathe to admit it, he does have a certain presence about him, and he certainly knows how to fight. If he weren't such an idiot, I would count him as my greatest ally right now. As it stands however, he is currently no more than a necessary evil. Fate has a sense of humor it seems.

• 2 weeks later...

Addendum:

Fate has a twisted sense of humor. Against my better judgment I met up with the Captain again. Apparently, the dear Captain isn't quite as stupid as I thought he was; I might even have to edit my files and label him as "sentient" but as of right now, I'm hoping it was more of a fluke.

But there was at least a good turn of events. The Captain recognizes that I am far smarter than he is (thank God) and is deferring to my expertise on how to deal with the meta overpopulation problem. Right now, I consider him a knight in a game of chess. Useful, but erratic and ultimately expendable. I will have to wait and see how this will play out.

I have the Captain's radio frequency and he shall contact me. I expect a call very soon. He doesn't seem the type to just sit back and study the bees, no of course not, that would make sense; he'll have to dive into the hive face first.

I've begun stocking up on ammunition for this purpose.

• 4 weeks later...

I find myself asking the question "What if...?" a lot now and days. Maybe its because my life turned out nothing like I thought it would, or maybe its because I've started down a path that I'll freely admit has no return ticket. But just about the most common question I ask myself, even before continuing this far down this path is what if I chose a different branch of science to study?

Like, what if I was a biologist or something? How exactly would I be doing what I do if it wasn't for my technological background? I might have been forced to do experiments on myself, or god forbid, workout. I don't know what it is with us nerdy types, the gym is just evil incarnate to us.

I've been flying around in the suit for what... Christ, nearly a year now. I don't think I've gained an ounce of muscle. Guess its just the way the suit's made. Moving an arm in the suit with a thousand something pounds on it is just as easy as moving your arm when you've got a pencil in your hand. I don't know, maybe I should do some crunches or something so I don't have to depend on the suit so much.

• 2 weeks later...

In preparation for a thread with Ecal, the layout of Eric's house and bunker may become important.

The Layout of Eric's House:

Eric Micheal's registered Address:

23 Sunberry Lane, which as nearly any local can tell you is located in the Riverside

It's a quaint single story house, 900 sq ft (not including the basement). It's known as the "American House" by a few of the neighbors. White siding, blue shingles and a red door. Subtlty is not one of Eric's strong points, but the house already had that paint job when he moved it, he just brightened up the colors.

The house is neatly divided into quadrants. From an ariel view with the front door at the bottom, the house is laid out as follows:

Bottom Left: Dining room. Contains 2 china cabinets, one of which holds important papers instead of plates. There is a mohagony table that could fold out to accomidate 8, but currently the sleeves are taken out (stored with the important papers) and can only seat 4. The walls are neutral colored

Top Left: Kitchen and the stairs to the basement. Has all the standard amenities, but the appliances are all top of the line. They are either very well cared for, or not used very often. The tile is a deep (and according to Eric) ugly green, but he has yet to get around to replacing them. Walls are the same color here as they are in the dining room.

Bottom Right: Living/ Sitting room. The walls are a dark red, white carpet and the furniture is all dark. Two couches, a love seat, a coffee table and 2 side tables. All of the furniture would look right at home in a Lay-Z-Boy furniture store, it's all meant for hardcore relaxing.

Top Right: Master Bedroom and Bathroom. Blue walls, white carpet and red sheets, yep, he's a subtle one. Queen size bed. The bathroom is pretty spacious, which has one of those shower/tub combinations.

The Basement

Being a man of wealth and hobbies, Eric had his basement furnished almost as soon as he moved in. He did love his house and the people around him, but there were times that Eric just needed to be Eric. It was also a great place to entertain guests. The basement was split into two main parts, the party side and the serious side.

The party side was under the Kitchen and Dining Room, the serious side was under the Living room and Masted Bedroom. Most people only saw the party side because the serious side often had the doors closed. The party side had a billards tabled, a bar, a vintage juice box filled to the brim with ZZ Top, 3 big poofy couches and recliners and a 60 inch wide screen plasma TV splashed on the wall, with of course a top of the line stereo system to go with it.

The serious side on the other hand had all of the practical basement stuff. Washer, dryer and water heater. In addition, Eric also had a small office space for any sort of work he needed to bring home. Most of the space however was dedicated to a state of the art workshop. Most people couldn't tell you what half of the tools were called, let alone what they were used for. This is where Eric worked on any projects he had from Darts, and also built things in his spare time. Or at least he used to.

But just as Eric needed time to be Eric, Malice needed time to be Malice. There was a false wall behind the water boiler which lead down into the bunker. Eric put it there so as to limit the chance of someone happening by.

The Bunker - Entrance

As far as Malice knows, only he and Legend are the only ones wh know about his under ground base, and he would greatly prefer if it were only him. His bunker is his true home away from home (more in a metaphorical sense of course at it is literally down stairs).

As mentoined previously, the entrance to the bunker in concealed behind the water boiler in Eric Micheal's basement. There is actually no wall in a certain part of wall, it is a hologram. Walking through the hologram will place you immediately on a set of steeply decending stone steps, often with painful results for those who are expecting a level floor.

At the end of the landing there lies a very large and sturdy looking blast door. On the right side of the blast door is an electronic keypad, where the buttons for the keys are glowing a faint red, which is also the only source of light in this small hallway, so to not give away its location. The password for the door is "333284433777".

Malice has yet to install weapon systems on the off chance that someone happened by the door by complete and utter accident. Eric had planned to say that it was for some high level government hush hush stuff that he couldn't talk about. But Legend's visit is making him seriously reconsider that choice.

Should the password be entered properly, the blast doors will give way to a single room about the size of a phone booth, an elevator. The floors are marked as follows:

"Home"

"Research"

"Development"

"Application"

"Supply and Demand"

The Bunker - Research

Although the bunker isn't much for living in, this area is the closest thing to the living area. This is where Malice tends to be when he isn't actively building something or testing it out. On this level the "brains behind the operation" comes together. There are 4 main features of this floor: the power system, the controls for the security system and the mainframe.

The bunker's power is supplied entirely by itself, and even powers a little bit of Malice's own house, though not very much so as to not appear to be suspicious. The bunker is powered by a "Blue Light Matrix" which is the same type of power source that powers the Mantle of Freedom. It is so titled because it emits a soft blue light whenever it is in use. The power is generated from a chemical reaction between lithium and radium, along with several other elements to allow the reaction to occur with maximum efficiency. Essentially it is a giant battery.

The security system is on a console adjacent to the elevator exit/ entrance. The system is turned off or on with a simple key lock mechanism. The various features of the system each just a simple on/off switch. There appears to be a few switches that don't actually do anything, a quick examination will show that the panel is currently under construction. Currently, all of the systems are defaulted as on, and Eric carries the key on his person.

Thirdly, taking up a respectable section of the room is the mainframe. Anyone slightly versed in computer knowledge know that this is definitely a super computer. The mainframe contains most of Malice's most important files. It contains all of the following and potentially even more:

Blueprints for the bunker

Blueprints for the Mantle of Freedom

Upgrades for the Mantle of Freedom

Details on Known meta humans

Weapon Trafficking records (all to himself)

Finally, covering the walls are tons of photos that will pretty much remove all doubt that Malice is a danger to society. Plastered all over the walls are photos of pretty much all of the known super powered beings in Freedom. Notes are scribbled next to them which include their general habits and known powers. There is also information about their usual hang outs, and potential secret identities. Most of the information is false, and a psychiatrist could write a dozen books about all of Malice's whacked out theories. In addition, there is a space dedicated solely by a blown up picture of a family photo of Eric, his mom and his dad, with the words "I will never forget" etched in the wall next to it.

The Bunker - Development

This is the real meat and potatoes of the operation. This is where the Mantle of Freedom is stored and worked on. The entire floor is covered in wall to wall metal. Tools of every type shape and make are everywhere. It looks like the untidiest mechanical mess you could ever think of. However, once you take it all in and start noticing the details, you feel as though you are looking into the mind of a deeply disturbed individual.

By the standard rules and conventions, nothing in the room is as it should be. But when you start following the rules as laid down by Malice, it all makes perfect sense. The blowtorch being next to the hammer makes sense, as well as the rubber mallet being on the complete opposite side of the room from the rest of the hammers.

There are probably dozens of uncompleted upgrades to the armor scattered everywhere in the room, some even used to prop up a desk to two. If he cobbled together the rest of the pieces in the room, he could probably make a second suit of armor. It might blow up after about 5 minutes of use, but it'll hold together for most of the time. If his workshop looks like this all the time (which it does) it should be classified that it's a miracle that Eric has yet to kill himself accidentally.

The Bunker - Application

Depending on who you ask, this is either the best or the worst floor in the bunker. This floor holds the combat simulator, and this baby has seen some use. This thing looks like it is about to fall down. There are scorch marks and craters everywhere, not to mention all the bullet holes. There are also bits of broken droids scattered everywhere. Malice doesn't like having to constantly repair everything, only to redamage it again a little while longer. So he lets everything get all good and broken before going to town and fixing everything. It also makes the fixing process more interesting when everything is so badly damaged.

The simulator itself is actually quite basic. Reinforced steel and concrete coat all the walls, floors and ceilings. The room itself a hexagon, running about 30ft on each side, the ceiling is 30ft high as well. Recessed halogen lights are scattered about every 20 ft or so on the walls and ceiling, under about 4 inches of bullet proof glass. Two or three of the lights are currently broken.

A careful observer also notices that the panels on the floor can move. This most likely is how the system is done to make a more realistic close quarters environment. This explains why seemingly random bits of the floor are more heavily damaged than others. There are also "stage weapons" like machine guns, giant saw blades, bazooka's and flame throwers scattered about.

All of the features for the simulator are controlled from the observation deck, or the Arms of Malice. The elevator dumps you onto the observation deck, not into the middle of the simulator. That would be bad.

The Bunker - Supply and Demand

If this floor was on a Navy ship, it would be known as a magazine. For those that don't know you're nautical terms, a magazine is where all the boom stick is stored. For safety purposes, the fire prevention system is most prevalent here. This floor probably contains enough ammunition and weaponry to equip all of the police in Freedom City, maybe not for too long, but it could be done.

Disturbingly, all of the ammunition is labeled. Not by what it is, but who it is to be used against. The largest deposit in the room is labeled as "The Freedom League". The second largest is labeled "The Captain". Third is Fredrick Fawcett, though that stock pile looks like it hasn't be used in a good long while. This is of course not taking into the account of the ammunition labeled "To whom it may concern".

Also of note, is a condensed version of the power listings of the super powered beings a few floors above. Next to this listing is a very odd looking machine, that bears a lot of resemblance to an Iron Maiden. Those that are technologically inclined will notice that this device likely loads the ammunition into the Mantle of Freedom before Malice sets out.

Directly opposite of the speed loader is the 2nd exit to the bunker. The door is practically of identical make to the door above. However, this door leads into the sewer system underneath Riverside. There is also a small station just outside of the door that sprays water and foam suds at those that enter the code correctly to enter the facility; a thankful feature given the location of the door. The door is concealed by a false wall in the sewer, which can be pushed aside to reveal this tunnel.

That could have gone better

Tonight was an interesting night. Not interesting in the way that something caught your attention, like the Mythbusters blasting a steel plate at a car at Mach 1. No this was the interesting that you got from that festering wound on your foot, and you have no idea how it got there. If you've been reading these logs then you'll know that this can mean only one thing, I've had another run in with the Captain.

I had recieved a call from the Captain requesting my assistance, again. This time however, it wasn't to drag his butt out of the fire. He wanted me to look over his Adrenaline Cannon to see if I could make any improvements to it. Against my better judgement, I followed by curiosity rather than my common sense.

So in short order, I made a metric ton of upgrades to the Cannon, whoever made it was an idiot. So then to test out some of the recent upgrades to the armor, and the new Cannon, me and the Captain had a little bit of a fight. We traded blows for a few moments, me obviously having the edge, but then the Captain struck me with a laser whip I had just made for him on the neck, and the external armor shattered. The results were less than enjoyable.

So now I've got to get everything back in working order and make sure this doesn't happen again. In addition, the Captain gave me something else to consider. He informed me of a few tidbits about the inner workings of Dr. Archeville's mind. He's apparently very one track minded, and if he builds up a head of steam, can become flustered if he needs to rapidly chage topics. Hopefully I will never have to use this information, but I'm glad I have it if I do.

• 5 weeks later...

*sigh* It's been a while.

I haven't been out and about for quite some time. Things just got too hectic. With a bit of assistance from Ares Marcotech, Darts has been landing more and more contracts. I'm starting to roll in money, but I've had to work longer and longer hours. So much so that I can't go out as regularly as I would like. The repairs for the suit just take way too long. I've been thinking on a way to change that, but for the reasons mentioned above, progress has been quite slow. Futhermore, getting enough materials to make improvements to the bunker is quite difficult, especially when the accountants are going through the books because of the merger.

I just keep thinking that this is all too hopeless. They started this war, but it feels like that I'm the only one who bears the burden of the war. I have no true support and the vast majority of people don't even know that the war is going on. Maybe I'm going about this the wrong way. I try to be tactical and do surgical strikes, targeting only specific individuals. But maybe I need to stir things up, cause some collateral damage, set up a few death traps, take a few hostages, typical "villain" things? People will take more notice of me, but I'm not sure if it would be the right kind of attention.

I might have to start scaring the populace into doing the right thing. If the populace truely thinks that I'm the villain, I might just to start playing the part.

• 1 month later...

It's a weird thing, being feared. Once people truly fear you, it can be quite hard for them to no longer be afraid of you. You could be doing something a simply as sitting down to dinner, or reading a book, but people still think that you're about to try and kill them. It can quickly grow on one's patience, though that does little to alleviate the fears of others. So you want people to stop fearing you so you can just have a normal conversation without them constantly looking for the exits. But the universe always has a way of paying you back. The precise moment when people get over their fear of you is the exact moment you want them to be afraid.

So now you have to go through the whole process of scaring the pants off them again, which really isn't all that hard, it's just the principle of the thing. You have to expend more effort to return things to the status quo. It reminds me of a concept they teach in science class, entropy. Without getting all technical, entropy is the "messiness" of a system. A system prefers to be messy, and to keep it orderly requires the input of energy. Basically, if you don't clean your house, it'll get dirty.

Now, what the heck does entropy have to do with being feared? It's quite simple actually. See fear is a common tool used to control people. It's commonly used because it is universally understood, and elicits an immediate response due to humanity's fight or flight mechanism. However, the candle that burns twice as bright burns half as long. Fear requires ever increasing amounts of energy to keep people controlled, as entropy becomes stronger and stronger. The only true way to have long term control over people is to befriend them.

But befriending people takes a long time my dear Johnny. And I really don't have that kind of time anymore. I have plans to put into action, but first I need some information you possess. The problem is Johnny, you don't want to help me, but I need your cooperation. So Johnny, I have to make you fear me. I would really like to avoid all this unpleasentness, I'm not that much of a sadist, but you forced my hand. Remember Johnny, you asked for this.

It is often said that a man's mind is his last great refuge. It's the one place where he can truly be alone from anyone else, or any worldly distractions. People seem to forget that when you're accused of being a super villain and a menace to society. Now I have people lining up at my door stop trying to get into my head, wondering why I did it all, like I'm some puzzle to be solved. They all consider me to be a well adjusted individual, but wonder what could have caused me to "go off the deep end".

They have no shortage of theories. Lemme see if I can remember the list. There's megalomania, paranoia, delusions of grandeur... Oh there was that one doctor who thought I was gay and this was my way of dealing with it. Come to think of it, I haven't seen him in a while. Maybe he's a patient now. And uhh, there was abandonment issues, dealing with the grief from my father's murder, and I'm a sadist.

Unfortunately, I kind of do see their point for most of that junk, except for the gay thing. The only one I'm not seeing is the sadism. Do I really come off as one? It's true that I take pleasure in my work, but not in the act itself. It's more of what the act represents. I'm making progress for the human race, that's something to be proud of. If I was a sadist, I'd have more rockets and cluster bombs on the suit. Has no one realized that I use mostly single target effects?

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve been questioning what I’m doing now and days. Not the whole “super villain†thing; I’m sticking to my guns on that issue. But I’m talking about preparing my legal defense. I’m pretty sure I’m going to serve time. Any charge that I don’t wriggle out of, the judge is going to give me the maximum sentence, probably on principle of the matter.

Wouldn’t be much of a problem if I hadn’t done so much shit in my life. Once they start digging, I’ll be up on 30 some – odd charges. I’ll probably get out of 20 of them, but wind up severing a near life sentence anyways. Point is, soon enough I’ll have to be giving thought on how to escape from prison.

My lock picking skills are adequate, but not the best. I’ve got all the theory of demolitions knocking about in my head, but I’ve got no actual practice. And demolitions isn’t exactly something you want to practice in prison. Add into the fact that I would much rather pull this off independently. I don’t want these metas back on the street, and for the most part, the guards are good people. But we do what we must.

I tell you what, you meet some good people in your life no matter where you are. I'm not in here a week before I hit it off with this guy, Jamaal Roberts, one of the guards. He's a big ole black guy in his mid 40's, and if weren't for the guard's uniform, I would swear this guy was from the 70's. He's got that funky groove walk and everything. Showed me a picture of him when he's off duty, he's got an afro. Not one of those comically large ones, but an afro none the less.

There's not a man alive who can make me laugh like this guy. If his shift was any longer, I would have died from laughter long ago. We “met†after he was talking with another guard (Alex) and was telling him how is brand new mp3 player had just crapped out on him.

I wrap my knuckles on the panel at the front of my cell to get his attention. "I can probably get that working again for you."Â

"Now why would you do something like that?"

"I always liked to tinker with gizmos, and in case you haven't noticed, I'm not exactly in the most stimulating of environments."Â

"We've got orders not to let you get anything electronic?"

"Are the higher up afraid that the cripple is one broken mp3 player away from powering past all the guards in this place, and making his escape?"

"Point."

It was a real quick fix. One of the connections was a little faulty. Took me all of 10 minutes to fix. Since that day, we've been pretty good friends.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Tropes Continued. This time, weapons, combat and powers.

MOAR DAKKA. Anyone who's spent time in chat knows this for a fact.

Improbably Aiming Skills Ironically, Malice is actually a pretty decent shot, and can make literally impossible shots easy with Indirect x3.

Spam Attack Just gonna underline this one a few times.

Macross Missile Massacre And here you thought the Liberation Cannon was original. tsk tsk

There is No Kill Like Overkill All out Power Attack 5, every time.

Death in All Directions Yep... Twice.

A Team Firing Power Attacking for full will do that, especially when IC hates you.

BFG Where his right arm used to be.

Beam Spam It's next on the list.

No One Could Survive That Apparently, he can.

Godzilla Threshold Break out of prison in case of emergency.

Bloodless Carnage Has never done lethal damage.

Gatling Good Just read the quote. I can't explain it better than that.

Nuke Em Pretty much any power stunt Malice has.

Wave Motion Gun Distintegration 13, See Also: KamehameHadoken

Stuff Blowing Up It's his shtick.

Bottomless Magazines I don't even want to think about how many bullets he fires.

Bang Bang BANG Again, it's what he's for.

Earth Shattering Kaboom Look, I said I was sorry.