King of the Hill (OOC)

Barnum

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, it's not immediately obvious, but radar originally stood for "Radio Detection and Ranging" and that's how his Blindsight works. It's got a single rank of Extended, so it works about a factor of 10 better than sight. That'd give me about a second to see you coming, which would be enough to dodge (especially if you didn't expect me to see you).

Also, for what it's worth, my Blast could hurt you... but I need to use Power Attack, and that means I'm less likely to hit than usual. I was making sure I didn't abuse the knowledge that your new form was much more vulnerable to grappling and Gravity Control. :) My bigger fear there early in the battle was that you'd grab a hold of me and start spanking me in a grapple.

It was a good fight, and I think you'll soon be glad that you owe a favor to Heavy. For a villain, he's not ruthless or psychotic, and your owing him a favor also means that he'll protect you to some extent so that you get a chance to pay him back later.

Yeah, it's not immediately obvious, but radar originally stood for "Radio Detection and Ranging" and that's how his Blindsight works. It's got a single rank of Extended, so it works about a factor of 10 better than sight. That'd give me about a second to see you coming, which would be enough to dodge (especially if you didn't expect me to see you).

Also, for what it's worth, my Blast could hurt you... but I need to use Power Attack, and that means I'm less likely to hit than usual. I was making sure I didn't abuse the knowledge that your new form was much more vulnerable to grappling and Gravity Control. :) My bigger fear there early in the battle was that you'd grab a hold of me and start spanking me in a grapple.

It was a good fight, and I think you'll soon be glad that you owe a favor to Heavy. For a villain, he's not ruthless or psychotic, and your owing him a favor also means that he'll protect you to some extent so that you get a chance to pay him back later.

Being able to see things at a hundred feet per -1 isn't a tremendous amount better than 10 feet when the guy that's coming at you is out of sight (over the horizon line) one instant and on you the next. You would need to react at something like a tenth of a second at the most in order for you to do anything other than widen your eyes slightly. :)

In any case, how do you want to wrap this up? One last in-game post, or round of posts, and then we go our separate ways?

EDIT: Nevermind, I just found your in-game post.

Being able to see things at a hundred feet per -1 isn't a tremendous amount better than 10 feet when the guy that's coming at you is out of sight (over the horizon line) one instant and on you the next. You would need to react at something like a tenth of a second at the most in order for you to do anything other than widen your eyes slightly. :)

In any case, how do you want to wrap this up? One last in-game post, or round of posts, and then we go our separate ways?

I spoke with Barnum, and I think I found a better use of the favor than what I had said. This way, the two of us can work together on a museum heist, while two PL 10 heroes (one of them probably being Spellweaver, given what the target is) can come by and try to oppose us. Sound interesting to you?

Also, anyone following along interested in being on the side of good going against us?

I spoke with Barnum, and I think I found a better use of the favor than what I had said. This way, the two of us can work together on a museum heist, while two PL 10 heroes (one of them probably being Spellweaver, given what the target is) can come by and try to oppose us. Sound interesting to you?

Also, anyone following along interested in being on the side of good going against us?

Heh. I'll get to try out my first power stunt if my plan goes according to plan. I'm looking to use the Flight portion of my battlesuit to turn into Spatial Control. Instead of manipulating gravity to fly, I use it to create a mini-wormhole and end up somewhere else. Granted, it's not Precise (so I can't use it to steal the book directly), and only good for Long distances, but I still think it's a neat thing to try out.

Heh. I'll get to try out my first power stunt if my plan goes according to plan. I'm looking to use the Flight portion of my battlesuit to turn into Spatial Control. Instead of manipulating gravity to fly, I use it to create a mini-wormhole and end up somewhere else. Granted, it's not Precise (so I can't use it to steal the book directly), and only good for Long distances, but I still think it's a neat thing to try out.